Let’s have a nice light thread - Doomsday Clock

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
True, but wouldn't it be beautifully ironic if our extinction was of our own making? The most intelligent of species on the planet kills itself while the rest of the species go "thank fark for that!"
My Pug would be pretty sad but I don’t think any other species would give a shit..

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing you, it is intriguing but i don't know if id wanna be there.

I don't fear death but I fear how I might die, I think it would scare me to bits to see the end, the amount of trauma seeing people you love go through whatever happens, the uncertainty of all that's going on around me and staring at the possibility that this may be the end and there's nothing 8 could do about it would freak me out big time.
I'd be the exact opposite dude, I'd grab a scotch and a bong and enjoy the show.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be the exact opposite dude, I'd grab a scotch and a bong and enjoy the show.
I was punching cones back when 9/11 happened, I remember it coming on TV live, I thought my mate had changed the channel to put on some movie he was going on about earlier.

My mate just kept laughing at me cause I had no idea.

It was the weirdest experience ever.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think humans will ever go extinct. We're too stubborn to die. Climate change won't wipe out humans. It'll just make it very uncomfortable for humans to live, and it'll probably kill a large majority of us. But that's at least a few hundred years away and we'll probably have a solution by then.

A meteor could do it. A full on planet killer. But even then, we'd likely find a way to survive. Even if it's just a small percentage of the population. Around 70,000 - 80,000 years ago the human race got down to very small numbers. Probably less than 1,000. But we survived 'cause we're an effective virus.

The sun won't go for another 4-5 billion years so that's not likely to get us.

There are other ways to go but they're pretty rare. Still possible though.

My favourite one is vacuum decay. Basically put, it's a quantum mechanical effect that results in a Boson triggering a pure vacuum state. If this happens (and it may have already happened), then from that point a pure vacuum will expand at the speed of light. It will annihilate anything in its path. Not just destroy, anything it touches will cease to exist. And it travels at the speed of light so you won't see it coming. One second you'll exist, the next second you won't.

One of the more interesting ways to wipe out the human race, and the Universe.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I don't think humans will ever go extinct. We're too stubborn to die. Climate change won't wipe out humans. It'll just make it very uncomfortable for humans to live, and it'll probably kill a large majority of us. But that's at least a few hundred years away and we'll probably have a solution by then.

A meteor could do it. A full on planet killer. But even then, we'd likely find a way to survive. Even if it's just a small percentage of the population. Around 70,000 - 80,000 years ago the human race got down to very small numbers. Probably less than 1,000. But we survived 'cause we're an effective virus.

My favourite one is vacuum decay. Basically put, it's a quantum mechanical effect that results in a Boson triggering a pure vacuum state. If this happens (and it may have already happened), then from that point a pure vacuum will expand at the speed of light. It will annihilate anything in its path. Not just destroy, anything it touches will cease to exist. And it travels at the speed of light so you won't see it coming. One second you'll exist, the next second you won't.

Can the dogs sign this Vacuum Decay fella? Would be a handy front rower?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you may have just stumbled on an explanation for Dawgfather?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently there a 1 in 10 chance that massive 600 mile long earthquake off the west coast of USA may happen in the next 50 years.
If that happened I’d start a conspiracy named DawgAnon that the right plotted and carried that out with the Proud Boys because the West Coast was just too blue for their liking :-).
C4A263B4-2B02-4658-B850-B7FE36D8D35E.jpeg

PS: I left AK off as Sarah Palin is best forgotten.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i just thought it was something from watchmen ..... also i thought you said doomsday cock lol

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could not think of where to post this so I chose here because I think it's relevant to re-setting the clock. Two nuclear super powers have gone toe to toe using nail studded, bamboo poles, fists, rocks and harsh language.

China has revealed that four of its People's Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers were killed during a bloody hand-to-hand battle with Indian troops on the two countries' disputed border high in the Himalayas in June last year.

The two sides fought with fists, stones, and nail-studded bamboo poles, in what was the deadliest border clash between the two nuclear-armed neighbours in more than 40 years.

We can put 15mins back on the clock or at least 10 until this conflict escalates into slings and arrows.