Let’s have a nice light thread - Doomsday Clock

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/current-time/
Better explained here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...e-time-2021s-doomsday-clock/story?id=75513294

I was never great at telling the time so I don’t know if 100 to midnight is past when the street lights come on or not but:

Founded in 1945 by Albert Einstein and University of Chicago scientists who helped develop the first atomic weapons in the Manhattan Project, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientistscreated the Doomsday Clock two years later, using the imagery of apocalypse (midnight) and the contemporary idiom of nuclear explosion (countdown to zero) to convey threats to humanity and the planet. The Doomsday Clock is set every year by the Bulletin’s Science and Security Board in consultation with its Board of Sponsors, which includes 13 Nobel laureates. The Clock has become a universally recognized indicator of the world’s vulnerability to catastrophe from nuclear weapons, climate change, and disruptive technologies in other domains.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Y
https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/current-time/
Better explained here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/scientists-announce-time-2021s-doomsday-clock/story?id=75513294

I was never great at telling the time so I don’t know if 100 to midnight is past when the street lights come on or not but:

Founded in 1945 by Albert Einstein and University of Chicago scientists who helped develop the first atomic weapons in the Manhattan Project, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientistscreated the Doomsday Clock two years later, using the imagery of apocalypse (midnight) and the contemporary idiom of nuclear explosion (countdown to zero) to convey threats to humanity and the planet. The Doomsday Clock is set every year by the Bulletin’s Science and Security Board in consultation with its Board of Sponsors, which includes 13 Nobel laureates. The Clock has become a universally recognized indicator of the world’s vulnerability to catastrophe from nuclear weapons, climate change, and disruptive technologies in other domains.
You can tell whether or not an article or speaker is just regurgitating a political ideology by the numbers of times they write/say 'existential'.

7 times in one article. Horrific.

The Doomsday clock is pure political propaganda for lefties. Remember when the 'scientists' claimed the world was closest to self destruction because Trump had won the election? LOL.

For all of Trump's failings, he was the first American president who didn't start a new war. He essentially ended the threat from ISIS and North Korea is not the threat it was at the end of the Obama presidency.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Y

You can tell whether or not an article or speaker is just regurgitating a political ideology by the numbers of times they write/say 'existential'.

7 times in one article. Horrific.

The Doomsday clock is pure political propaganda for lefties. Remember when the 'scientists' claimed the world was closest to self destruction because Trump had won the election? LOL.

For all of Trump's failings, he was the first American president who didn't start a new war. He essentially ended the threat from ISIS and North Korea is not the threat it was at the end of the Obama presidency.

I actually agree it’s just news filler for a few hours on one day of the year.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I actually agree it’s just news filler for a few hours on one day of the year.
True. I used to find it interesting every time they spoke about the doomsday clock because it sounded exciting / dangerous. But then I just realised it was politics.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What about when the world was going to end, December 21, 2012? Or the Millennium bug?

Fact: No one can tell when the world is going to end, it will happen when it happens.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What about when the world was going to end, December 21, 2012? Or the Millennium bug?

Fact: No one can tell when the world is going to end, it will happen when it happens.
The funny thing is the world will not end when humans become extinct the world has seen that shit before with dinosaurs but it will eventually end when our nearest star kills itself.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a thought, its only doomsday if you don't believe in afterlife.

I'm a firm believer that there is a afterlife as a Christian, and firmly believe that my afterlife will be better than anything this world ever had for me.

The world we have today is a created gift that can be taken away in the twinkling of an eye, and is not the be all and end all of Gods creation.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

Excuse you! AOC knows when the world will end and when it ends, it's going to be because of climate change!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck when it ends, let's just have as much as we can before it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just hope Sleepy Joe doesn't fall asleep on the doomsday button..... lol

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realise this may sound morbid, but I would love to be there to see the end of the human race. Whether by plague or climate change, nuclear war, the Vogons, dawgfather being right, whatever the cause, I'd love to see it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I realise this may sound morbid, but I would love to be there to see the end of the human race. Whether by plague or climate change, nuclear war, the Vogons, dawgfather being right, whatever the cause, I'd love to see it.
We are over due for another big natural disaster

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing you, it is intriguing but i don't know if id wanna be there.

I don't fear death but I fear how I might die, I think it would scare me to bits to see the end, the amount of trauma seeing people you love go through whatever happens, the uncertainty of all that's going on around me and staring at the possibility that this may be the end and there's nothing 8 could do about it would freak me out big time.