Lesson from Swans Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those who don't follow AFL, the Swans game on Friday night was a valuable lesson to all football sides, particularly the Bulldogs.

Down in the final quarter, and written off for the season, the players took the attitude that "we're done for, but that doesn't mean we have to stop playing football". They kept playing the game as if they wanted to win and, when Geelong took their foot off the pedal, the Swans came home and won with three seconds left on the clock.

This never say die attitude can turn a potential loss into a win. Pity the Dogs never thought to try it.

BTW, congratulations to our JF players on a gutsy win today.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the swans game was a semi final, and they had every chance to win

the dogs is a different scenario all together

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The "Never Say Die" attitude should come to the Bulldogs. After say 18 points scored against them, Heads go down and other teams just race away with it

T

TdoggBulldog

like for the roosters game... he got the intercept... and no body tried to chase him.....i dont care if hes 40m away just TRY!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
the swans game was a semi final, and they had every chance to win

the dogs is a different scenario all together
Mr.R, you forget that the Dogs were often only one win away from a semi-final berth.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
every game when we got smashed this year i was waiting for the never say die attitude. But i didnt see it once.

Maza

Reaction score
TdoggBulldog said:
like for the roosters game... he got the intercept... and no body tried to chase him.....i dont care if hes 40m away just TRY!
agree
that really annoyed me

T

TdoggBulldog

~BuLLdOg4LyF~ said:
agree
that really annoyed me

i was SCREAMING...... CHASE HIM!!!!!!!

i didnt fckn travel 2400+kms to see u give up!!!!!!!! >:(

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Chris Harding said:
Mr.R, you forget that the Dogs were often only one win away from a semi-final berth.
the swans were maximum 20 points down at any stage
so im sure they were never really out of the contest at any stage

your right that we should have put more effort into the last few games

but there was a good amount of effort, the boys werent good enough in the end technically

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
it mayb a semi final match but we should take the same attitude that the swans had...if we did that we wouldve made the top eight

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
yeah but the afl game is alot easier,u dont have 100kg+ plus guys trying to smack u.and u get 1 point for missing lol!!!!

W

Winston Smith

our whole club, from management down to players, totally lost the plot this season. especially the players, they were disgraceful. i keep thinkng of canberra and their gutsy performances, even when they were losing they were putting in 110%. or the sharks the other night against st.george. sharkies just wouldn't give up. they were great even they lost. their effort was excellent.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wogdog said:
yeah but the afl game is alot easier,u dont have 100kg+ plus guys trying to smack u.and u get 1 point for missing lol!!!!
AFL is the only sport to give you a point for effort! How nice of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.