Leniu - What happened?

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few weeks ago he was a certainty to be signed. Now reports say potentially a Rooster?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Couldn't care less now tbh, if he wants 700k let the fucking Roosters have him for 350K on the books and 350K off it.

They can rort the system all they like, but the only won when they had Cronk. Without him they can't win it.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have no idea what the club is thinking with regards to Leniu except a comment suggesting the training staff want to look at who is already on contact. With this in mind does anyone have an opinion on the likely hood of Samuel Hughes becoming an NRL prop? He definitely has the size but could find nothing on his ability.
Still hopeful Patolo can take a big step forward this season too. He has time on his side.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't care less now tbh, if he wants 700k let the fucking Roosters have him for 350K on the books and 350K off it.

They can rort the system all they like, but the only won when they had Cronk. Without him they can't win it.
'let the roosters have him" ? The question that needs to be asked is that Lenui is asking for up to 700ka year but if he signs with the roosters it will be between 500 and 600k. They can always pay players at least 100k under their market value because the NRL does not place a market value on players to stop the roosters and other teams like the storm continously doing this. The salary cap is a joke and until this problem is fixed, the best talent will always go to the elite teams.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have no idea what the club is thinking with regards to Leniu except a comment suggesting the training staff want to look at who is already on contact. With this in mind does anyone have an opinion on the likely hood of Samuel Hughes becoming an NRL prop? He definitely has the size but could find nothing on his ability.
Still hopeful Patolo can take a big step forward this season too. He has time on his side.
My recollection from last season was Sam Hughes only played short stints. Imposing but very green.
The other interesting young talent is Zac Montgomery.
Gus should be able to launch a new front rower or two next year or 2025.

Here is a recent clip from the program which is overseen by Peter Kelly and Mitch Newton.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
While he offers impact he clearly wants to much if that 700k is true. Not even close to value there for mind.

Gus saying we have 650k for 23 and few mil for 24 to spend tells us we have $ but we need to land a quality 7 and I’m sure we will land a quality forward he sees fit.

While highly unlikely if we are talking 700k for leinu or anywhere near that I’d much rather us go throw that at nelson. Again don’t think he leaves storm unless it’s union but that’s the kind of $ for someone like him who in my opinion is much better value as far as where he’s at and the minutes he can punch out.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Their pack has been constantly rolled and dusted up by Souffs in the past 3 years, of course they are desperate for forwards.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Their pack has been constantly rolled and dusted up by Souffs in the past 3 years, of course they are desperate for forwards.
It’s odd signing for me. I know Hargreaves is probz gone but collins is a great young prop. Lodge is better than leinu (even if he’s a ****)

Can’t see him starting there.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My recollection from last season was Sam Hughes only played short stints. Imposing but very green.
The other interesting young talent is Zac Montgomery.
Gus should be able to launch a new front rower or two next year or 2025.

Here is a recent clip from the program which is overseen by Peter Kelly and Mitch Newton.
My dad used to love that show when he was little.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
'let the roosters have him" ? The question that needs to be asked is that Lenui is asking for up to 700ka year but if he signs with the roosters it will be between 500 and 600k. They can always pay players at least 100k under their market value because the NRL does not place a market value on players to stop the roosters and other teams like the storm continously doing this. The salary cap is a joke and until this problem is fixed, the best talent will always go to the elite teams.
Surely we must start playing by their rules? It's not as if we don't have the finacial clout now with the Laundys onboard. Time to start rorting with the best of them.