News Lebanese Test utility back Jacob Kiraz

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have bolstered their backline strength by signing Lebanese Test utility back Jacob Kiraz from Newcastle.

A speedy centre/winger, the 20-year-old has yet to play in the NRL but will join Canterbury's squad and is expected to make his debut at some stage in the next couple of seasons.

Kiraz hails from the Bulldogs juniors, playing for St Johns Eagles, but has spent the past couple of seasons with St George Illawarra, North Queensland, and Newcastle.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow st johns eagles, my first junior club, glad to hear they are still going.
One of the strongest clubs still getting around the area I believe, I played a couple of seasons for the east hills bulldogs a few years back and the club is struggling massively as a lot of the comp is these days

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t make sense why he would throw in a top 30 spot with the knights for a development spot at the dogs

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
making the Canterbury development squad is held in higher regard then making the knights top 30.
The money value of his contract as a top 30 as opposed to development deal is a huge difference.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The money value of his contract as a top 30 as opposed to development deal is a huge difference.
You are thinking of the top end, players 27 to 30 only get around $70k & development contracts are about $60k plus $10k education allowance.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are thinking of the top end, players 27 to 30 only get around $70k & development contracts are about $60k plus $10k education allowance.
He could now move in back home and save $$ compared to living alone At Newcastle.

let’s hope the kid has potential to crack a first grade spot.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we need Nasheeds input on the quality of this singing. Can someone unblock him for a day so we can hear about it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: