Leave your tributes to Hoppa here

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank god your going hoppa thanks for the bad memories!!!

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great episode .... my all time favourite was Pinewood Derby. Have tried to watch it online but have never found it and never seen it repeated.
Is this the episode that when one of them has a girlfriend in 5th grade and she’s a slut that gives BJs lol?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
He never "sprung" that on the club it was all agreed up front before the even set foot in the joint so your point is not valid at all.
Yeah but it never should have been floated to begin with. We are bigger idiots accepting it.

Reactions: GDR

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I could never understand the hate he gets here.
He was players player at the club in 2018 & 2019 and topped Dally M points for the club 3 of the 6 years he has been at the club.

Hasn't been great this year and centre is not his best position however the team has generally been total rubbish this season so he hasn't been Robinson Crusoe there.

Having said that he has the most post contact meters for the team and most run meters this year and surprise surprise the left edge has given up less tries than the middle and way way less than the right edge.

Notwithstanding that he was responsible for all 11 tries by Manly on Saturday according to the carry on by some.
He's been bog average all of those years and a big contributor to where we sit today.

Thanks Hoppa I'll remember you

Reactions: GDR

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The signed a new two year contract with one year left on his previous 3 year contact. I also thought he signed one year contact but that was miss reported in the press.
Ah, OK, that makes more sense.
Either way he’s done so time to move forward.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
TBH, why would you hold that against Hoppa? That was a management decision. I agree it should never happened but it should never of been signed off on. Players can request all they want in a negotiation. Bulldogs were crazy for even considering that clause in a contract.
I hate the muppets responsible for brokering that deal with a passion.. I hold it against Hoppa because he represents that deal and every time I see him it reminds me of that deal and those muppets responsible..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but it never should have been floated to begin with. We are bigger idiots accepting it.
that's the point the club agreed and he was getting paid Canterbury Cup money while on the no sundays deal, missed two games in the regular season. It was never an issue until B.Moz went down in the final against Penrith which was on a Sunday and if I remember correctly Sam Perrett got moved to fullback and the team played shit and at the time Hoppa was playing well so everybody blew up deluxe.
That's on the club however.

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's been bog average all of those years and a big contributor to where we sit today.

But best of the bog average, on average, averaged over 6 years. You would have to agree?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
that's the point the club agreed and he was getting paid Canterbury Cup money while on the no sundays deal, missed two games in the regular season. It was never an issue until B.Moz went down in the final against Penrith which was on a Sunday and if I remember correctly Sam Perrett got moved to fullback and the team played shit and at the time Hoppa was playing well so everybody blew up deluxe.
That's on the club however.
The way I see it the smell of Castle and Des still linger around Hoppa and I have every right to be disappointed with his performances.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

100% !!.... our standards have dropped so badly in the last 5 years that people actually think he has been a quality player...

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently dragons players were celebrating his potential signing.
Ooops. Sorry

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I certainly won't miss Slow Poke Rodriguez.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were pretty good Hopa - AT MANLY.

Don't know what happened after that (after your Mormon mission)

You were pretty reliable under the high ball and at a quick catch and pass but you should have worked more on some sprint training and at getting under the ball and saving tries like the good fullbacks do. A side step and some ball playing ability would have helped also.

Can't say I'm sorry to see you go. We can get a guy on minimum wage to perform better.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All the best hoppa, you've been a great servant to the club for the most part but i am very glad you are moving on, so wish you well on all future endeavours

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He used to have an amazing passing game but thats about it. He was actually a good player prior to quitting and leaving for his Mormon trip and after that he was never the same player again.