'Leave kids alone': Cumberland City Council passes motion to ban same sex parenting books from the shelves of local libraries

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think the Hills District have a couple of Astroturf fields, rich pricks lol
A few councils have done this, including Inner West which laid Astroturf at Arlington Oval in Dulwich Hill.

Personally, I don't like it as it's fake lawn and makes the ground lose the charm of having proper turf. Granted it's high maintenance, but it's worth it.

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A few councils have done this, including Inner West which laid Astroturf at Arlington Oval in Dulwich Hill.

Personally, I don't like it as it's fake lawn and makes the ground lose the charm of having proper turf. Granted it's high maintenance, but it's worth it.
I just want kids to play footy tbh rainy games were the best games when I was playing.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s good people stand up for there beliefs. Important that messaging gets across from all sides. At the end of the day, local government state government etc represent the beliefs of there area.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The book in question has been borrowed once in the 5 years it has been in the library. :tearsofjoy:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not something i would want my kids to be reading but banning books is never a good thing. What is the intent of the book? Is it promoting same sex parenting or a support for kids whose parents are same sex?

Wahesh

Reaction score
The book in question has been borrowed once in the 5 years it has been in the library. :tearsofjoy:
All the more reason to remove it from the shelves completely... it's not something that's useful.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Not something i would want my kids to be reading but banning books is never a good thing. What is the intent of the book? Is it promoting same sex parenting or a support for kids whose parents are same sex?
What I don't understand is why does such a book even exist? What is it's purpose? Shouldn't it just be called "Parents" seeing that they're all calling for inclusion? Referring to them as same sex parents is segregating them as a different category of parents which they are against.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not surprised by this. Lefties protesting when someone doesn’t agree with their view.
Bit of an ironic statement there but each to their own views and opinions mate ❤

Last edited:

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If it is a support book for the kids then I don't see any problem, it's not the child's fault, they don't pick their parents, gay or straight.

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plus I'm still angry they haven't opened the fkn fields for kids training. We have a game on Saturday that the boys haven't trained together for 2 weeks now.

Lucky I live walking distance to a park so I have been training my boy myself.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Plus I'm still angry they haven't opened the fkn fields for kids training. We have a game on Saturday that the boys haven't trained together for 2 weeks now.

Lucky I live walking distance to a park so I have been training my boy myself.
My nephew had training on last night. The council opened up the ground after 3 days without rain. Some of parents were actually willing to pay $10 to go to a private field and train just for the sake of their sons mixing with their team mates.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it is a support book for the kids then I don't see any problem, it's not the child's fault, they don't pick their parents, gay or straight.
Yes it is

This series shines an informative light on the difficult realitiers faced in today's world and illuminates healthy ways for children to process and understand them.

Every family is different and unique. This title explores what it's like having two mums or two dads, offers answers to curious questions from peers, and shows how all families love each other regardless of gender.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not surprised by this. Lefties protesting when someone doesn’t agree with their view.
Both sides were doing it unfortunately. It's like everything in society now days. Lefties didn't agree so they turned up to protest. Conservatives didn't agree with the potential rescind so they turned up to protest. They all shouted at each other and we're back to square one.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's just trying to make same sex parenting seem normal.

Reactions: Kaz

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why does such a book even exist? What is it's purpose? Shouldn't it just be called "Parents" seeing that they're all calling for inclusion? Referring to them as same sex parents is segregating them as a different category of parents which they are against.
Oddly enough, I agree. It should just be called "parents"