News Leagues Club re opens next Monday

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://www.clubsnsw.com.au/COVID-19_Updates

Good news with the Leagues Club finally able to re open again next Monday but it's only limited to 500 people.

I heard a interview with the CEO of Panthers Leagues and they are forecasting it will take 2 years to recover at the very earliest which will probably be the same time frame for Canterbury.

It will be a very interesting couple of years coming up for the Football Club without the sugar daddy Leagues Club being able to bail them out.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The real issue will be only every second pokie in operation due to social distancing - that's where most of the money is at.
It's going to be a long road back no matter which way it's sliced - and every club is in the same boat.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The real issue will be only every second pokie in operation due to social distancing - that's where most of the money is at.
It's going to be a long road back no matter which way it's sliced - and every club is in the same boat.
Except the roosters. Lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good first step forward... even if it’s a long road as least some people will be re-employed which is a positive.

Reactions: DT

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Good news with the Leagues Club finally able to re open again next Monday but it's only limited to 500 people.

I heard a interview with the CEO of Panthers Leagues and they are forecasting it will take 2 years to recover at the very earliest which will probably be the same time frame for Canterbury.

It will be a very interesting couple of years coming up for the Football Club without the sugar daddy Leagues Club being able to bail them out.
500 if there are at least 10 bars/restaurants. I haven't been to the Club in a long time - are there that many there?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m so looking forward to getting back into the club scene,not disco lol
I’ll definitely be heading out to our fantastic recently renovated premises
Nothing better than a big chicken parmigiana and a few shandies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will start supporting our leagues club with my family now, I’ve never really thought the need to,but now I will become a regular even though I don’t live in that area.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Thisbis an important step in the right direction. We need the league's club, and the league's club needs to be open for business for its own sake.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will start supporting our leagues club with my family now, I’ve never really thought the need to,but now I will become a regular even though I don’t live in that area.
Same. Will need to call for reservations though.
And Bankstown Sports

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Canterbury is full of lebs and Asians, we will be fine.

Reactions: DT

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Except the roosters. Lol
I doubt that City Ford is experiencing a boom period given the current circumstances. However the good thing about the leagues club is that it will be at it's 500 capacity no doubt once it's door open (or... revolve) again.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
This is a chance for the club to seriously start looking at making profits without the injection of Leagues Club money (Should only be a bonus)... Find other sources of income and investments.

To rely on gambling money which is basically a tool that ruins lives and families doesn't sit well anymore.

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
Canterbury won’t open yet till they get there 100 quota per area it will hard to maintain with 50

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True but you know what, peeps that play pokies are not the brightest folk around so they will be busting to get back to them and the cash will flow again

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait!! do the bulldogs own Bankstown sports?
Nah but they have been involved in financial support over a period of time. Support the community that supports our club

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
Being confirmed that Canterbury Leagues Club will be opening on Monday 1st of June but not Gym yet and Pokies might be open depending on the state Government