League stars in student campus 'rampage'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Shifty said:
I think they've done exactly the right thing there (although they definitely shouldn't come out and announce any names related to the more serious incident until it has been fully investigated).

The Dogs should have done the same thing in hindsight. Those that have broken the code have let their team mates down and the ones who have done nothing wrong don't deserve to have their names dragged through the mud.
The question I am asking is, what went on that was so bad that made them jump so quickly to the club and tell them to name the players? For me just breaking curfew is not really something that demands this kind of reaction. I don't want to speculate on any details but it just seemed like some players really wanted to distance themselves from it and that makes me think something really serious has happened. I could be completely wrong on this point but it was just my first thought when I read the story.

The Dogs players may have believed their teammates without question and were willing to stick up for them cause as far as they were concerned they did nothing illegal. It seems very different in the Knights case here.

Let's just hope it all blows over very quickly and we can get ready for the start of the season. Although I am willing to bet that the media will play this for all it's worth and won't shut up about it for a while.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Danish said:
.....The dogs were accused of far worse than that of the knights.....[/i]
The WHOLE point is we were ACCUSSED. It never came to light. Infact the girl after giving evidence looked more shady than eminem himself.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Ten news have just reported that the Knights have been fined $100,000 by the NRL with another $100,000 suspended. Also 1 player has been sacked and will be deregistered by the NRL.

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
One player has had his contract terminated on the spot n he will not be eligable to play in the nrl for 12mths and even then will need good reason why he should b allowed to play again...
this is serious

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
Cammo said:
Ten news have just reported that the Knights have been fined $100,000 by the NRL with another $100,000 suspended. Also 1 player has been sacked and will be deregistered by the NRL.
beat me to it

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
Shifty said:
Purely the media version at the moment, fans in this forum should know better than to speculate. Wait for it to be investigated.

Yea , like the rest of the NRL and its supporters cut the bulldogs and their fans slack with all this crap thats been happening over the years.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Belmore-Bulldog said:
Yea , like the rest of the NRL and its supporters cut the bulldogs and their fans slack with all this crap thats been happening over the years.

I know aye... it only works one way for us

they can bait insult and attack us all they want... and when it happens to them we have to give them our gratitude... well imo they can fark off

*Doggiez Angel*

Sponsored by Playboy
Reaction score
Newcastle sack player
February 21, 2005

THE Newcastle Knights NRL club tonight sacked one player and issued fines totalling $50,000 following a drunken rampage in a university dormitory in the NSW town of Bathurst at the weekend.
Knights chief executive Ken Conway declined to name the sacked player while the NRL later ruled he will not be able to play for another club.

The Knights acted after allegations that one player indecently assaulted a woman in her bed at Charles Sturt University.

The fines related to players breaching the team's 3am curfew and also for other incidents involving a fire extinguisher and a bicycle at the university.
Advertisement:

The club named the 12 players who were fined as: Dustin Cooper, Kurt Gidley, Mark Hughes, Matt Kennedy, Todd Lowrie, Blake Mueller, Luke Quigley, Kirk Reynoldson, Reegan Tanner, Dane Tilse, Daniel Tolar and Adam Woolnough.

They all fronted a media conference in Newcastle tonight and Gidley, the acting captain at Bathurst, apologised on their behalf.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
It's probably the person who allegedly put his hand down da girls undies, this morning on i was half asleep but i could have sworn i heard them mention steve simpson, was he involved princess knight? i dunno if he even plays for newcastle but i'm sure i heard his name when they were talking about it on the radio. i could be wrong though

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
what i wanna kno is how are they going to keep this players identity quiet, cause he wont be wearing the blue and red...

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
UB40 said:
It's probably the person who allegedly put his hand down da girls undies, this morning on i was half asleep but i could have sworn i heard them mention steve simpson, was he involved princess knight? i dunno if he even plays for newcastle but i'm sure i heard his name when they were talking about it on the radio. i could be wrong though
no no steve wasnt involved,
there were a few other names that were been tossed up, but i kno that steve simpson was not involved

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
ok it wasnt steve simpson, i'll shut up now lol

Last edited by a moderator:

MzBulldog83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
knights critisised the doggiez at 1 point...

all i gotta say is : sucked in...an also, see how the tables turn when it's them and not us..

A

atomic_crimson

why are doggies fans jumpin for? in all honestly werent you all crying poor when you copped it over CH? well be the bigger person... dont stoop so low.. who cares about tables turning or dishin it back...

D

Danish

MzBulldog83 said:
knights critisised the doggiez at 1 point...

all i gotta say is : sucked in...an also, see how the tables turn when it's them and not us..
I think their club can keep a bit of dignity considering their swift and heavy actions.

Every player who broke curfew got fined $4K by their club. Thats a bloody decent fine for a simple violation of club code of conduct.

They also have fired someone purely on circumstancial evidence i.e her word against his.

The Knights will come out of this on top you watch. The NRL will soon praise the immediate action taken by the club, and the papers will follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.