League stars in student campus 'rampage'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
League stars in student campus 'rampage'
February 21, 2005
AN NRL club will today launch a full investigation into an alcohol-fuelled rampage through a university dormitory.

The Daily Telegraph has learned Newcastle Knights players were involved in drunken incidents in the dormitory at NSW's Charles Sturt University in Bathurst on Sunday morning.
One player allegedly burst into a dorm, straddled a female and put his hands down her pants.

The dormitory contacted the club's management yesterday to lodge an official complaint about the behaviour of four players.

Advertisement:
Newcastle had been in Bathurst for a pre-season match on Saturday night.

The players involved could face fines or suspension, although Knights officials have been told the matter was "relatively minor".

"The club is aware of a complaint made against some of our players regarding an alleged incident on Sunday morning," Newcastle chief executive Ken Conway said last night.

"We understand it is of a relatively minor nature. However the club takes a dim view of any break of the code of conduct and we will investigate the matter fully."

NRL chief executive David Gallop said: "At this stage, we will wait for the Knights to respond to the allegations and keep us advised of developments."

The incident began about 3am yesterday when two Knights players were invited to the dormitory by a group of fans.

The two players were said to have been well-behaved and left as residents went to sleep.

But they returned at 5am, bringing two more Knights players with them.

While the first pair continued to be well-behaved, the two new-comers let off a fire extinguisher damaging a few bicycles, and knocking on doors.

And some girls experienced offensive behaviour as the players tried to force their way into the rooms.

"One of the guys came to my door, was banging on it asking me if I was single, if I had any other friends who were single," one girl said yesterday.

A number of girls also told how the men came into their rooms, jumped on beds and straddled them.

Another said her friend was indecently touched by one of the Knights players.

"He put his hands down her pants and said: 'Roll over, I know you want to'," her friend said yesterday.

The students told how the players also ate food that was in their rooms and the kitchen.

"Security guards even chased a guy up the street in his undies, because he'd left his clothes in one of the rooms," another shocked student said.

It's understood many of the students had been been watching the game and attended post-match drinks.

The campus facilities manager contacted Knights management yesterday to discuss the incident.

It was reported to police by the campus' facilities manager yesterday, but the university did not wish for any further action to be taken.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I dont see the media posting this all over front pages etc.

If it was bulldogs players then we would be shot for it, but any other team gets away with it. If people are being real knights players would have fines and all sorts of penalties from the NRL.

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
i wake up this morning and knew this would come out, I was told late last night that this happened in bathurst, and its not good, then i turn on the tv and Kerri Anne has it in her top stories of the day, but im not happy jan

this isnt the end of it that u have heard from the media either

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good they should be hauled over the coals for this

but they wont, if it was our club it would be on front pages from coast to coast

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I hate seeing this stuff for league. I'll just be annoyed if no one cares about this after absolutely every1 jumped on the lets roast the dogs over something they didnt do bandwagon.

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
BULLDOGS ARMY said:
i wonder which players done this stupid thing.
i could take a good guess, but im not going to start anything, that may not be true, the dumb knights supporters on the leauge unlimited site, think its a load of s**t that the girls made up, which is crap cause sadley this happened

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Purely the media version at the moment, fans in this forum should know better than to speculate. Wait for it to be investigated.

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
Shifty said:
Purely the media version at the moment, fans in this forum should know better than to speculate. Wait for it to be investigated.
i kno a bit more than that (bout the allergations) , but thats right and as soon as it is investigated s**its going to hit the roof

Reaction score
oh well its there fault what they done and the players and the club will get in deep **** for this.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
All I can say is, I am glad it's not us for a change.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should hold judgement until it all comes out...

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Exactly Hammer, this is only an allegation at the moment and the media is well known for beating up stories.

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
Cammo said:
Exactly Hammer, this is only an allegation at the moment and the media is well known for beating up stories.
thats true, at the moment i hav heard 3 versions of the story, and one was from a good source, but the media do have a reputation for congering s**t

Status
Not open for further replies.