: League club chairman's request sparks fury

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rashays probably cheering now, probably thinking lucky we didnt give these flops our cash

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
End of the day, grub or not
You need evidence, hence why I’m thinking this has been leaked to the media because they have none
Not saying he did or didn’t do it, but evidence required

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely going in for the kill...

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So this story has been leaked to the media I guess because the offical investigation turned up no proof?

Is Lynne gunning to remove him? What is the dynamic there does anyone know?

I thought the football club controlled the leagues club board?
They do but Coorey is a bit of a rogue even though he doesn't have much actual power. From what I've heard the football club guys in particular Ballesty and Dunn are the actual shot callers and Coorey was endorsed by them and elected chairman as they see him as a bit of a puppet and abit of a fall guy, I think Coorey realises he doesn't have a lot of real power due to voting arrangements and hence his fall out with the Andersons is abit of him trying exert abit of perceived authority

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve met George Coorey,on one occasion when my partner had a function to attend,I went and sat at the bar,he saw that I was on my own,he came over and invited me to sit at his table with a couple of other guys,and bought me a beer,overall I found him to be a very nice human,there are always two sides,to a story,with all the cameras there at the club,I don’t think he would be that naive,innocent until proved otherwise,.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
End of the day, grub or not
You need evidence, hence why I’m thinking this has been leaked to the media because they have none
Not saying he did or didn’t do it, but evidence required
Can't understand why women are afraid to come forward and speak up in this day and age, I believe in the theory speak up or shut up.
Many have tried to destroy our club from the outside, now weather the allegations are true or not we are determined to destroy our club from within..

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve met George Coorey,on one occasion when my partner had a function to attend,I went and sat at the bar,he saw that I was on my own,he came over and invited me to sit at his table with a couple of other guys,and bought me a beer,overall I found him to be a very nice human,there are always two sides,to a story,with all the cameras there at the club,I don’t think he would be that naive,innocent until proved otherwise,.
I've met him and spoken to him numerous times at luncheons, corporate box at the footy, etc and he comes off as a nice guy especially when you get him alone, he's also definitely a man of the people, but half the problem is the entourage he brings with him and attitude wise he's abit of a dinosaur

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Self inflicted.
Aren't they all :(

When is this club going to start acting professional and media savvy as to what's acceptable behaviour in 2020.

If this is true and the Chairman didn't adequately address this complaint, then she is in trouble as well.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't find much info on the web about JustSportz Management Services

Which players do they represent ? - surely they'd all be Dogs players wouldn't they ?

Our chairman is a mortgage broker ? Gee we're doing well aren't we. He sounds like one of the boys and the power has gone to his head. He should remember he's not sitting at his local pub with mates. He's sitting at a club and he should remember his position and be held to account.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Based on the information contained in the article, why has this now only coming to light recognising the complaint occurred in early 2018?
I read it that the meeting with Lynne took place on 18 February this year. Yes, a text allegedly from Coorey shown at that meeting was from 2018, but the meeting with Lynne was this year and those involved were seeking action to be taken before this year’s election.

Semantics aside - and I won’t comment on the alleged behaviour other than to say clearly that sort of stuff is not on, it’s just another bad news story the club didn’t need. You’d hope that perpetrators of any behaviour akin to this are weeded out of any position of influence within the organisation.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read it that the meeting with Lynne took place on 18 February this year. Yes, a text allegedly from Coorey shown at that meeting was from 2018, but the meeting with Lynne was this year and those involved were seeking action to be taken before this year’s election.

Semantics aside - and I won’t comment on the alleged behaviour other than to say clearly that sort of stuff is not on, it’s just another bad news story the club didn’t need. You’d hope that perpetrators of any behaviour akin to this are weeded out of any position of influence within the organisation.
Fine Cotton affair, best mates with Eddie Obeid, was a director when we got smashed for the salary cap.. Yeah, nothing to see here. The bloke is clearly an alter boy.:astonished:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fine Cotton affair, best mates with Eddie Obeid, was a director when we got smashed for the salary cap.. Yeah, nothing to see here. The bloke is clearly an alter boy.:astonished:
I said I wouldn’t comment on the alleged behaviour Baz :-). Like your jugular approach though...