News Leadership starts at the top': Tolman wants clear decisions from Bulldogs board

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I know he’s 18 months past his used by date but he makes some really solid points. We all want to see some clear decisions.

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tolman good man good leader

Fkn shithouse player fuck me
I'll agree he isn't what he once was, and he is on too much, I fully expect that IF he gets another contract it will be on a lot less than his last contract.

But he now has over 250 NRL first grade games, which not many players achieve. He has a good footy brain, one of those players who seems to know where the play is going. He has a good motor, which is needed right now. Tolman and the fourth is annoying or amusing depending on your point of view, but the fact remains that if the coach or other leaders (playmakers) in the team didn't want it to happen, it wouldn't.

Yeah he hasn't been great this season, but no one has. In a team extremely low on confidence, Tolman consistently has a high tackle count (with very high efficiency), good metres, including a surprising amount of post contact metres, and a fast play the ball. He is arguably the most reliably consistent forward, still, in the squad. I'm not a fan of giving him a long contract, let alone an expensive one, but getting rid of him too soon would also set us back.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Walk out the front gates Tolman. Is that clarity on the direction?

I wouldn't care if every player moves on because none of them will leave a legacy like many past players that have put on the jersey.
Not exactly! I am sure the mental scars of tolz on the 4th will be there for a few generations

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Frankly getting a bit disgusted with the way some fans treat our longer serving players.

Reading through what Tolman ACTUALLY says, taking it at face value, he has spoken well and makes good points.

Reading between the lines a bit it appears that the uncertainty around the club, and the way it is being treated in the media IS effecting the players, which makes sense.

Glad to see both Foran and Tolman have now stepped forward to try and shield some of the younger players from the negative aspects of what is going on right now. At least some people around the joint are showing some leadership.

Where are the people who are supposed to be leading? The silence is deafening.
Agree with alot of what you're saying. But what's the benefit of saying it to the media, it just causes further speculation.

He should voice that within the club only.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Frankly getting a bit disgusted with the way some fans treat our longer serving players.

Reading through what Tolman ACTUALLY says, taking it at face value, he has spoken well and makes good points.

Reading between the lines a bit it appears that the uncertainty around the club, and the way it is being treated in the media IS effecting the players, which makes sense.

Glad to see both Foran and Tolman have now stepped forward to try and shield some of the younger players from the negative aspects of what is going on right now. At least some people around the joint are showing some leadership.

Where are the people who are supposed to be leading? The silence is deafening.
My query is why he felt the need to say this? I don't particularly find anything he said as revealing, and he didn't directly have a go at anyone at the club etc. but what was the goal of saying something?

Personally I'd talk about the footy. The need for the players to step up. To take responsibility. That they've let down Pay, the club, and most importantly the supporters. If he says things like this then fair enough. But talking about the board and leadership etc. is silly imo. No need for it at this time.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree with alot of what you're saying. But what's the benefit of saying it to the media, it just causes further speculation.

I agree, and would suggest he has done so already. Things are a bit beyond that now, the so-called leaders in the club aren't leading, Dean Pay effectively sacked himself. I'd also suggest Tolman has spoken because until the media get some feedback from some players they aren't going to quit. Better for the experienced players to take it on their shoulders to throw the media a bone than to let the team as a whole endure all the stress. Though once again, higher ups in the club should have this under control.

You are right, he shouldn't be saying something like this, so that raises the question, why has he felt the need to?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Spot on. It makes no sense to talk about what he's done. Really doesn't. The club is trying to keep as much out of the media as possible, and having senior players talk about the board only fules stupid gossip. Personally don't find what he said as all that bad, but there was absolutely no need to say it in the first place. Really don't understand the motivation behind it at all.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree, and would suggest he has done so already. Things are a bit beyond that now, the so-called leaders in the club aren't leading, Dean Pay effectively sacked himself. I'd also suggest Tolman has spoken because until the media get some feedback from some players they aren't going to quit. Better for the experienced players to take it on their shoulders to throw the media a bone than to let the team as a whole endure all the stress. Though once again, higher ups in the club should have this under control.

You are right, he shouldn't be saying something like this, so that raises the question, why has he felt the need to?
Don't agree that the players should be taking anything on their shoulders, especially when it comes to the potential new coach and board. The club has clearly chosen to close house and give the media nothing. The players don't have the skills, nor role to be choosing to spout shit off to the media.

Absolutely schoolboy error by Tolman and really showing the youngsters how NOT to do it.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson quote:
"I think he did what he’s always done at this club and put the club and the team first ahead of his own ambitions"....yeah nah (cough splutter) Parra defection (shakes head)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Over Tolman, like pay, his time is up.. used by date has come an gone.!!! Fresh faces please.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson is currently working on her response to the team and voting members

giphy (17).gif

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Benny Hill is the most out of sight CEO in NRL history

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The comments by Tolman are not surprising. There is a great deal of infighting and indecision within the club that is not helping either. We are a shambles and it will take more than just a change of coach to get us out of the mess we are in.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman handing in his resignation? Shut up and do your job which is to continuously cart the ball up, get belted and play the ball quick.