Laurie Daley Cup & Andrew Johns Cup

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good to see our clubs on the mid north coast doing well.
Two wins from two games for the AJ side ;32-0 vs Titans and 28-12 vs Northern Tigers
One win from two for the LD side 30-22 loss to Northern Tigers and 22-12 win over Titans.

Tavis Felsch used to go to our local primary school and is pretty talented, plays for NC Bulldogs

Declan Pettet also went to local school and plays for Newcastle in LD Cup.

Last edited:

Hemirob

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hi all.
long time lurker.
My youngfella plays number 2 for the NC Bulldogs U18s (Laurie Daley Cup) and I helped coacha few of the kids in the team over the last few years and it’s awesome to see them playing some good footy and representing the doggies.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi all.
long time lurker.
My youngfella plays number 2 for the NC Bulldogs U18s (Laurie Daley Cup) and I helped coacha few of the kids in the team over the last few years and it’s awesome to see them playing some good footy and representing the doggies.
Good work. You should be proud of what you achieved. Any info on any of them to watch out for going forward?

Hemirob

Waterboy
Reaction score
I looked after U 16's league safe and helped coach at one of the MNC Group 3 clubs last year, (Doing 18's this year) so the kids I know well are 17 this year, 4 from the clubs 16s (2020) made the top 25 NC Bulldogs U18's squad.
Still working out some of the players as picked from a wide region and don't know most of the 18yr olds but at least one player is already contracted to the "Sydney" dogs and is planning on SG ball next year and they are looking at a couple more. I guess with all rep sides seems likes there's some talent, some toilers, some brilliance and some questions.
Games are live streamed and old games are on NSW NRL website and NSW NRL facebook page - last two weeks have been pretty good footy, This week they have Knights...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hi all.
long time lurker.
Congrats mate. More "Power" to him. Great incentive by the club in forming an alliance with the mid north coast. We have some talented young guys up here and realistically most of them went to the Knights.

Reactions: ATT

Hemirob

Waterboy
Reaction score
More "Power" to him ... LOL......
hes made the start team for Sats game against Knights so hes happy (Despite his broken nose from first hit up last week..)

Yep Newcastle are still about, they have a local coaching academy going with mainly some the younger kids, No games just skill based.
I guess its a foot in the door for them to scout for some MNC talent without he commitment the Bulldogs have made. Good for the kids though the more development opportunities the better

Last edited:

Hemirob

Waterboy
Reaction score
Another big win today for the Andrew Johns NC Dogs U16s team, 18 to nil. Against the Newcastle / Maitland Knights. Second game they have held the other team scoreless. They are undefeated so far in comp

U18s Laurie Daley NC Dogs were always ahead but the knights belted the crap out of them with their big boys. Dogs up 28-12. Was a sold game in the rain. U18s are 2 wins one loss
Illawarra St George next week

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Another big win today for the Andrew Johns NC Dogs U16s team, 18 to nil. Against the Newcastle / Maitland Knights. Second game they have held the other team scoreless. They are undefeated so far in comp

U18s Laurie Daley NC Dogs were always ahead but the knights belted the crap out of them with their big boys. Dogs up 28-12. Was a sold game in the rain. U18s are 2 wins one loss
Illawarra St George next week
Thanks for your updates :grinning:

You seem plenty pleased with the progress but can you let us know how the set up works with Bulldogs involvement?

Generally how hands on are the CB Bulldogs in their involvement of the North Coast area.

You do sound confident it will be a mutually beneficial arrangement and enhance development for your youngsters which is a good thing.

Do the Bulldogs have a big "presence" up that way and a permanent office/coaching/recruitment set up?

Sorry for all the questions, just very interested in this development of Dogs involvement up in that great rugby league area. We don't usually hear that much detail of the inner workings :grinning:

Reactions: ATT

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the look of Christopher Bull in the 18s. Big bodied centre with good footwork and a bit of speed. One to watch out for in the future.
Seen him play quite a few times and ref him a few times he scored some good trys over the times i can see him turning into ball playing lock played in the half's in some of younger grades but is looking good out in the centres his brother in the half's goes alright as well

Last edited:

Hemirob

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks for your updates :grinning:

You seem plenty pleased with the progress but can you let us know how the set up works with Bulldogs involvement?

Generally how hands on are the CB Bulldogs in their involvement of the North Coast area.

You do sound confident it will be a mutually beneficial arrangement and enhance development for your youngsters which is a good thing.

Do the Bulldogs have a big "presence" up that way and a permanent office/coaching/recruitment set up?

Sorry for all the questions, just very interested in this development of Dogs involvement up in that great rugby league area. We don't usually hear that much detail of the inner workings :grinning:
Not really sure how involved the CB Bulldogs are,
The coaches, FAO's, league safe are local guys, Run by the NSW League Coordinator based in Coffs.
There's always a few guys floating around each Sat in NC Bulldogs gear that I haven't seen about in local comps, which I assume are CB Based staff. or at least development guys from around
When they had the fitness test day there were some extra trainers and other staff floating around with clipboards, that the boys said were from Sydney But apart from that not sure what else happens internally.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not really sure how involved the CB Bulldogs are,
The coaches, FAO's, league safe are local guys, Run by the NSW League Coordinator based in Coffs.
There's always a few guys floating around each Sat in NC Bulldogs gear that I haven't seen about in local comps, which I assume are CB Based staff. or at least development guys from around
When they had the fitness test day there were some extra trainers and other staff floating around with clipboards, that the boys said were from Sydney But apart from that not sure what else happens internally.
Thanks mate. I just assumed they would be running coaching clinics, football and merch handouts and competitions and financial assistance to junior clubs and schools.

Maybe they are doing so in the background.

All the best with what you're doing for the footy community.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seen him play quite a few times and ref him a few times he scored some good trys over the times i can see him turning into ball playing lock played in the half's in some of younger grades but is looking good out in the centres his brother in the half's goes alright as well
dont forget these competitions are second tier to matts and ball

Hemirob

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I just assumed they would be running coaching clinics, football and merch handouts and competitions and financial assistance to junior clubs and schools.

Maybe they are doing so in the background.

All the best with what you're doing for the footy community.
The LD and AJ players are getting training gear, bus trips, accom, food etc and I assume dogs assist with that as well as NSW NRL.
Last year the CB Dogs had a trial game in the area and club training visits, school, visits etc (The school visits didn't go so well... maybe they are giving it a break for a year).

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The young backrower Peter Conroy in Laurie Daley cup has got a scholarship with us starting from next year he said he looking forward to heading down there he metioned he will be living in the bulldog house when he moves there. Been one of the best players in his age group for quite a few years strong in defence no how to run a good line and can score trys and is a handy goal kicker also boxes as well and is a good kid one that puts the work in on and of the field

Hemirob

Waterboy
Reaction score
dont forget these competitions are second tier to matts and ball
Dont forget Chris Bull is playing young hes 17 in an U18s team, - Peter Conroy is also 17
There's a few players that were meant to be in SG's this year but with the change in ages stayed regional to finish school, financial reasons etc.

Hard for regional kids to be considered for Matts, I have seen a few (past and current kids in the LD and AJ cups) asked to make the big trip down to various clubs but normally school, support network, family situation, and financial win.
I think it highlights that NSW NRL and the clubs could always do more to support reginal areas,

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
Don't we have exactly the same arrangement with the Northern Tigers as we do with the North Coast Bulldogs? Jack Todd who now plays front row in SG Ball has come down from the Tigers this year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dont forget Chris Bull is playing young hes 17 in an U18s team, - Peter Conroy is also 17
There's a few players that were meant to be in SG's this year but with the change in ages stayed regional to finish school, financial reasons etc.

Hard for regional kids to be considered for Matts, I have seen a few (past and current kids in the LD and AJ cups) asked to make the big trip down to various clubs but normally school, support network, family situation, and financial win.
I think it highlights that NSW NRL and the clubs could always do more to support reginal areas,
yes very true, was more talking about teams like parra, penrith, illawarra etc. it is a shame penrith pulled their team out this year, they have so many kids