Laundy Hotels Extend their contract as a major sponsor

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's good to have a sponsor secured long term but 10 years is surprising. You'd think there would be clauses on both sides or that the value of the sponsorship would increase depending on the market or performance of the team.

No one has a problem with Laundy putting money into the club. It's when he grandstands in the media that bothers some fans.. Hopefully with this 10 year deal he doesn't now think that he owns the club and operates behind the scenes, not complaining in the media every time there's something he doesn't agree with.
He practically does own the club, baby. He's our Uncle Nick, has already attracted great talent to the club and I hope he continues to speak out about what is best for the club. I also hope he helps bring Adam Elliott back to the club after his knights deal is done.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
10 more years of Uncle Arthur.... stick that in your pipe and smoke it, hatters.

I predicted this would happen long ago.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He practically does own the club, baby. He's our Uncle Nick, has already attracted great talent to the club and I hope he continues to speak out about what is best for the club. I also hope he helps bring Adam Elliott back to the club after his knights deal is done.
Seriously

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah the black Kia looks good. Ours fucking didn’t but. Big red piece of shit
Keep our jerseys consistent please with the sponsors not getting their way with contrasting colours, random colours just to stand out even more wtf.
The Laundy logo colours work well, I bought two jerseys, big red looked out of place

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is just odd to me that the design of a corproate logo would be a deciding factor in whether you buy a shirt or not.
Most are fine and you don't care.
But if its butt ugly like the Laundy one, it's quite influential in the decision making

I think it's the shitty font that kills it for me...

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is just odd to me that the design of a corproate logo would be a deciding factor in whether you buy a shirt or not.
It's the colouring, to milk extra dollars or incompetence or whatever Bulldogs management agreed for a fat red logo on a blue and white jersey. Was ugly.
100% it was for me regarding the colouring, I bought two jerseys now with the new logo, none red Kia at the time I emailed to Bulldogs about it.

Look at the big soccer teams, it's a simple thing but it can change the look of the jersey. Generally the big popular teams sponsors are non coloured or consistent with other features of their jersey.

The design, company, etc, of brand doesn't mean too much. Fluro logos here a vibrant red colour there, all contrasting the blue and white to distinguish the team, is ugly and just stands out.
A tidy design would sell better, I bought two for myself already, willing to buy as gifts now.

Everyone has their own reasons buying a jersey whether for a gift, or to support the team, represent, fashion statement, etc. At least have something nice, less prominent, easy on the eye.

The jersey looks 'tidier' now with the colours, great compared to before

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember all the posts telling Arthur to STFU, stop interfering, get out of the club etc etc? Not many major sponsors sign up to 10 year deals. Assuming this mail is official, lets thank Arthur, Craig and Stu - they’re smart operators with good intentions.
Yeah....I might of been wrong but that public support for Elliot publicly was a bad look

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah....I might of been wrong but that public support for Elliot publicly was a bad look
I agree to a point. I think Arthur was coming from a good place but at the end of the day Herb had earned his punting. He’d betrayed the faith of key people (his ex partner, his employer) - how many chances does someone get before they have to learn the hard way? Anyway I’m glad the Laundy’s are staying involved.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Fark me I'm glad you tossers aren't looking after our sponsorship/advertising, we wouldn't have any. Are you wankers that are complaining about the colour and/or the font of the Laundy logo serious. Are you seriously suggesting that we should say to them that we don't want your $10m unless you change your logo? When dealing with sponsor/advertisers the golden rule applies, he who has the gold makes the rules, and Laundy most definitely has the gold.

Always a Bulldog

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fark me I'm glad you tossers aren't looking after our sponsorship/advertising, we wouldn't have any. Are you wankers that are complaining about the colour and/or the font of the Laundy logo serious. Are you seriously suggesting that we should say to them that we don't want your $10m unless you change your logo? When dealing with sponsor/advertisers the golden rule applies, he who has the gold makes the rules, and Laundy most definitely has the gold.

Always a Bulldog
K

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
10 more years of Uncle Arthur.... stick that in your pipe and smoke it, hatters.

I predicted this would happen long ago.
I think that's a bit harsh. They're just minding their own business, making and selling hats.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news for the Club, long term stability with sponsorship and lets hope their is a clause for the Junior Laundy more than likely to see the contract out.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've got no issues with their logo or brand.

Two things I hope for, one is that they put their hand a bit deeper into their pocket this time.

The second - if they have issues with things related to the club they raise them via the proper people and behind closed doors. Having Arthur and Craig calling in to radio stations to bitch about the treatment of Elliott and Barrett does the club no favours.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn’t Canterbury racecourse going up for sale ?
Plenty of space there for a big stadium with ample parking , and close to public transport.
I think that was discussed last year. When the AJC and STC merged in 2011, there was some sort of 10 year ban on selling any tracks. Whilst there is nothing legally stpping the sale, i guess it depends on whether the ATC want to. Would be a good location, in the heartland, although the traffic would be a nightmare up and down King St etc without some serious upgrades, and i'm guessing there would be no government appetite for a new stadium in a residential area?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think that was discussed last year. When the AJC and STC merged in 2011, there was some sort of 10 year ban on selling any tracks. Whilst there is nothing legally stpping the sale, i guess it depends on whether the ATC want to. Would be a good location, in the heartland, although the traffic would be a nightmare up and down King St etc without some serious upgrades, and i'm guessing there would be no government appetite for a new stadium in a residential area?
V’Landys could make this happen in a heartbeat if he actually cared about Rugay League. But we all know all he cares about is $$$$$$ from gambling.