Official Laundy Hotels announced as Major Sponsor of the Bulldogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are delighted to announce that Laundy Hotels will become the Major Sponsor of the club until the end of the 2022 season.

The Laundy Family have been in the hotel industry for four generations having originally started the business with the Sackville Hotel in 1945.

Since then the company has gone from strength to strength and become one of the leaders in the industry with a portfolio of hotels across the country, including the Twin Willows in Bass Hill, one of a number of venues that sit in the local region, which remains their heartland.

In 2005 Arthur Laundy was recognised by the National AHA as the 'Hotelier of the Year' as recognition of his 50 years of service to the industry.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted that the club had been able to form a partnership with such an iconic brand as Laundy Hotels:

It is fantastic news to be able to welcome Laundy Hotels as our Major Sponsor and to see them adorn the front of our historic jersey.

The Laundy family have been in the hotel industry for four generations and are an iconic brand that have been leaders in their field for a long time.

They are a family that pride themselves on creating venues that provide great hospitality and a modern family-friendly experience and we feel as though that aspect of a rich history and family values is a great fit with what the Bulldogs stand for.

Arthur is a big rugby league fan and someone who has always had a major involvement in the game and through all of our discussions we have found a real togetherness around what both groups hope to bring to the partnership and we can’t wait to see the Laundy name on the front of our jersey for our Round 12 match against the Eels at ANZ Stadium.

Arthur Laundy, Director and owner of Laundy Hotels and lifetime Bulldogs supporter saw the partnership as a representation of the history of both organisations:

"My family grew up in this area. My dad built the Twin Willows pub back in 1964, and it's been in our family ever since. Back then, this place was the unofficial club house. We used to have a beer here with Lynne (Anderson) and her father Bullfrog, and Geoff 'Robbo' Robinson, who lived just up the road.

"The club's come a long way since then and so have we. But at our heart, this is still our community.

We want to be a fair dinkum part of the future of this club. We want to be the next generation family pub for the family club."

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...s-announced-as-major-sponsor-of-the-bulldogs/

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is this from a club email? Can't find it.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incredible stuff! Good to finally get the official announcement from the club

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Outstanding!!!

To come out and support the club when our “brand” has taken a battering says a lot to me about Arthur and his family.

To me it signals loyalty and I for one have a very long memory and this support will not be forgotten.

Will be pumped to purchase a new jersey with their logo on it.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great work to the club and Laundys. If they had any up here in gods country I’d surely go.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pubby Dogs: New era for Bulldogs as battling club unveils hotel empire jersey sponsor

Arthur Laundy with Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill.
The patriarch of the Bulldogs new major sponsor – pub baron Arthur Laundy – intends to take a hands-on approach towards returning Canterbury-Bankstown to an NRL power house.

With a family hotel empire worth more than $500 million, Laundy Hotels have linked with the Bulldogs armed with a blue print aimed at delivering long-term success at Belmore.

In a historical link dating back to the 1980s, the Laundy Family’s new major sponsorship was unveiled at the Twin Willows Hotel in Bass Hill – once the unofficial club house for Canterbury-Bankstown in the 1980s.

The Bulldogs' new jersey with major sponsor Laundy Hotels.

Bulldogs legends Terry Lamb, David Gillespie, Peter Mortimer, Geoff Robinson and Joe Thomas were all on hand at the venue where the club famously celebrated premierships in 1980, ‘84, ’85 and ’88.

Laundy has long-admired the way Sydney Roosters kingpin Nick Politis has transformed the Tricolours into an NRL flagship and wants to fast-track the Bulldogs on a similar trajectory.

“The reason I’ve become involved is for 60-odd years the Canterbury district has been very good to my family,” Laundy told Fox Sports.

“I’ll never forget Canterbury’s Entertainers of the 1980s and there’s a number of them here today.

“This was their local, it didn’t matter where they’d lived, they would all migrate to here.

“This is my family’s opportunity to give something back.

“I intend to become very involved. I have a very large business and a successful business.

“I will do my absolute utmost to get Canterbury to a successful position in the rugby league competition.

“I don’t know enough of the situation yet but I will be into that situation very, very rapidly.

“There will be people I will call on for advice.

“I like to talk to the players about life after football and where they intend going.

“If I can help them get there, I will be helping.”

Laundy’s sons Stu and Craig are both hugely successful members of the family business and have a history with incoming coach Trent Barrett.

The Laundy boys helped put the deal together with Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill and chair Lynne Anderson.

Barrett was in business with the Laundy family at the Albion Park Hotel in Wollongong and still enjoys close ties with the family.

Champion Bulldogs five-eighth Lamb won titles with the Family club in 1984, 1988 and 1995 and backed the club’s slow build towards success.

“It’s a business decision what the club has made. I’ve heard Trent is a good coach, I know he’s a good bloke so it will be interesting seeing what happens next year,” Lamb said.

“We’re a young team at the moment so we just need to keep building.

“Everyone wants a premiership straight away but they’re not easy to win.

“You’ve got to just keep building in the right

Aside from signing a new major sponsor, the Bulldogs have also landed Barrett as head coach for 2021, Nick Cotric as a marquee signing for 2021 and still have a tick under $2 million to spend on players for next season.

The gutsy upset win over Newcastle was another major positive.

Champion Bulldogs front-rower David “Cement” Gillespie hopes this can serve as a turning point for the club.

“Hopefully they’re turning the corner. It is a big day for the Bulldogs today with Arthur Laundy and his family coming on board as a major sponsor,” Gillespie said.

“Hopefully there’s some good times ahead.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8257ef7c8f7bd4d32fe8b17e08a34dcc

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just got smashed by a kid on apex and was going to come on here an whinge about this not being announced, pleasantly surprised to see this :tearsofjoy:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking love that quote, "we want to be a fairdinkum part of the future of this club. We want to be the next generation family pub for the family club".

These guys are the real dea. They genuinely seem to want to be a part of our clubs future. They could play a massive part in making our club a powerhouse again, and it seems that they really want to be.

Thank you for your support Laundys!!!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laundy has long-admired the way Sydney Roosters kingpin Nick Politis has transformed the Tricolours into an NRL flagship and wants to fast-track the Bulldogs on a similar trajectory.

“The reason I’ve become involved is for 60-odd years the Canterbury district has been very good to my family,” Laundy told Fox Sports.

“I’ll never forget Canterbury’s Entertainers of the 1980s and there’s a number of them here today.

“This was their local, it didn’t matter where they’d lived, they would all migrate to here.

“This is my family’s opportunity to give something back.

“I intend to become very involved. I have a very large business and a successful business.

“I will do my absolute utmost to get Canterbury to a successful position in the rugby league competition.
Some fucking good news for once.
In bold is my favourite sentence from the article.
C'mon Laundy group, get amongst it and bring us back to greatness!

Also, blue logo looks good!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now classic need to pull there fingers out and print the fuckers up and we all need to go to the pub owned by the laundys with them on so they invest more money into us I’ll buy a jumper now it don’t look like a best and less rip off
Well done team

Last edited:

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might go and have my last celebratory schnitty at Rashays.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ill be buying a Jersey as soon as its available.. its fair game to have a whinge when it appears things arent being done properly, but its also important to show support to our club when they are doing things right..

I encourage all supporters to buy that jersey. Hopefully this last fortnight is the beginning of our rise from the ashes