News Latrine to become a sports commentator

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No skin off my nose. I used up my free trial with them. Won't be picking the service up again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No skin off my nose. I used up my free trial with them. Won't be picking the service up again.
He will polarise the viewers for sure :grinning:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doubtful he would be much good, doesn't help when a lot of fans think your a prick.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly don't think the game needs to throw former players into every commentary position. So many of them are just throwing cliche after cliche without a skerrick of insight into the role. And for the most part I think footy players that have been at NRL level are somewhat removed from reality and difficult to associate with.

There'd be thousands of people with more insightful ideas and more personality that never laced up a boot they could hire, with the added benefit that you wouldn't have to listen to the arrogance that most former players bring with them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m happy for him. It’s a good gig, outside of playing. Easy money, hopefully brings something different. Can’t be worse than SBW
Rather it be Burton or Fox tho lol

Sky is the limit for Burton's mass appeal, likeability and product endorsement success etc.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rather it be Burton or Fox tho lol

Sky is the limit for Burton's mass appeal, likeability and product endorsement success etc.
Burton and the fox hey. Latrell is a big fish in the game too. If I was a player becoming commentator afterwards seems like a dream gig. Paid to talk footy, incredible

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Burton and the fox hey. Latrell is a big fish in the game too. If I was a player becoming commentator afterwards seems like a dream gig. Paid to talk footy, incredible
For sure. Would pay them all to prepare and enrol in extensive media training and even go over to US for intensive public relations courses etc :grinning: good managers should have those pathways sorted.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I honestly don't think the game needs to throw former players into every commentary position. So many of them are just throwing cliche after cliche without a skerrick of insight into the role. And for the most part I think footy players that have been at NRL level are somewhat removed from reality and difficult to associate with.

There'd be thousands of people with more insightful ideas and more personality that never laced up a boot they could hire, with the added benefit that you wouldn't have to listen to the arrogance that most former players bring with them.
Trelly is aslo pretty igorant + not good grammerly. Also a first order d*ckhead. But eye am being racist when I call him a d*ckhead even though he is a d*ckhead.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From the little I've seen of him talking about footy he's not really my cup of tea, but he's a popular, as well as polarising player, so should do ok.

Tbh, I watch bugger all footy analysis type shows (just don't have the time and they generally bore me).

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From the little I've seen of him talking about footy he's not really my cup of tea, but he's a popular, as well as polarising player, so should do ok.

Tbh, I watch bugger all footy analysis type shows (just don't have the time and they generally bore me).
Much the same I don't bother with them generally so this is of no interest either way, if it was a Dogs player would I tune in? Probably but if it also wasn't great I'd soon ditch that person too..just don't watch them, I'll sometimes watch Johns and circus after the Sunday game as it's harmless and I'm not a news watcher so I let Kayo run its course but that's it.
Stand by the comment he will be average in the role though, as said by someone *grammatically etc he ain't that sharp brah...

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No opinion on this but do wonder, why pick “Trellmit” for ya nickname? Why not “Latchell”? Sounds just as good or better haha.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy for him. It’s a good gig, outside of playing. Easy money, hopefully brings something different. Can’t be worse than SBW
Did you see him after the world cup in the interview ? went ok makes Sonny look and sound like a knucklehead.