bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn’t take this prick for free

Dan2

Waterboy
Reaction score
Talent wise Latrell Mitchell would be outstanding but work rate or professionalism he is waste of money. Our club can not afford a player who lacks the understanding on personal level that the bear minimum to be a real superstar requires professionalism in both personal and football life.

Some mentioned Drinkwater, he would be a better option as he would better fit Burton playing style wise.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I REALLY don't want Latrell but i wouldn't be surprised if Gus threw a fortune at him
Yeah but we don't have any better options for fullback?
I don't think it will happen anyway.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is currently on 750K. Can we sign him for 2024 or will it cause salary cap issues. I mean Jackson's and Thomspon's money is $1.4 million together. With $1.4 million we can buy 1 and 7. Also, Stimson and Waddell's money can let us upgrade our juniors.
Do it Omar. Hit up Latrell on myspace and get him over here

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need one of S. Crichton, Walsh or Latrell (most to least likely imo, all unlikely). We have enough salary cap to buy Matterson for 2023 and Munster and S. Crichton for 2024 imo (obviously they need to accept, they will have other options, but we can be more than competitive with our offers). We'll just need to fill our 18-30 out with pretty much minimum wages/kids. When all we're missing is a marquee fullback and half I don't see why we wouldn't go/try to go down that path.
The trails and tribulations of the salary cap. Good luck keeping youngsters on minimum wage. If they are good they will be off in a shot for more money.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The trails and tribulations of the salary cap. Good luck keeping youngsters on minimum wage. If they are good they will be off in a shot for more money.
Not true. We're able to do it currently (keeping youngsters) and we'd be using players like Vaughan, Thompson, Jackson, Allan, Flanagan's, etc. salaries. Go through the Panther and Roosters for e.g.'s rosters. They're also top heavy.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont want Latrell, for as great as he is and what he definitely offers, he is a broken body and hasn't looked to be anywhere near peak fitness since he left the Roosters.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Real question.. How many games has Latrell played in the last season and a half? I wouldn't think it'd be more than 15. He misses so many games through injury and suspension. He's a great talent but you'll never get a return on the investment. He couldn't take worse care of his body..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
S. Crichton's the closest thing to a Manu and Allan was a dud before we bought him. If we had a spine of S. Crichton, Burton, Munster and Mahoney everyone would look good.
Great spine and Crichton would definitely be a safer bet injury wise over Mitchell. Wish we could get Manu

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As if Latrell will leave Souths anytime soon..

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need one of S. Crichton, Walsh or Latrell (most to least likely imo, all unlikely). We have enough salary cap to buy Matterson for 2023 and Munster and S. Crichton for 2024 imo (obviously they need to accept, they will have other options, but we can be more than competitive with our offers). We'll just need to fill our 18-30 out with pretty much minimum wages/kids. When all we're missing is a marquee fullback and half I don't see why we wouldn't go/try to go down that path.
Out of that bunch Walsh will be the cheapest and he will be worth the investment....I’m telling us this kid could be anything

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Out of that bunch Walsh will be the cheapest and he will be worth the investment....I’m telling us this kid could be anything
walsh is not going to be cheap, his ceiling is unlimited and everyone knows this. He would easily command $700k on the open market, even the queen is getting $750k

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mascara boy will be out of control let loose on our sydney streets and wont be able to help himself
walsh is not going to be cheap, his ceiling is unlimited and everyone knows this. He would easily command $700k on the open market, even the queen is getting $750k