doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im might call his manager that called me and say hows it all going champ lol

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitchell isn't back from his break til Jan 6th so no club wants to sign him any earlier and be paying him for doing nothing. In the meantime the roosters are paying him approx. $70k per month. So by the time he comes back the roosters have forked out (for arguments sake) $100-150k so therefore a club can sign him for the first year much less than his asking price, not forgetting what the roosters will also pay as part of his 2020 contract. I reckon the team that signs Mitchell will probably only have to pay approx. $500k for the first year off their cap.
his current deal with the roosters is only around $550k at the moment. They offered him $800k but he turned them down so his pay would be much less

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As great as LM has been, it looks to me that he would be the type of player who is very likely to go downhill from now on.
He could follow the example set by Sandow. Quite a lot of quotes from him tell me he lacks the motivation to push himself long term. So I'm glad that we weren't the club locking him in on big money for a lot of years. We made that kind of mistake with Tony Williams.

This is the risk clubs take in signing up flavours of the month who explode on the scene. The Broncos made this mistake twice with Bird and Milford. Mitchell has a few more runs on the board, but he's also been lucky enough to achieve what many NRL stars won't in getting premierships. It'll be interesting to see how he goes from here.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I reckon Latrell is after a cool million however a positional change to fullback as well.

Souths will have this available with GI's departure, and also some room under the cap due to Burgess' retirement. Their spine could be:

1. Mitchell

6. Walker
7. Reynolds

9. Cook

It would be one of the best in the comp.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I reckon Latrell is after a cool million however a positional change to fullback as well.

Souths will have this available with GI's departure, and also some room under the cap due to Burgess' retirement. Their spine could be:

1. Mitchell

6. Walker
7. Reynolds

9. Cook

He was always looking for a Souths move, Souths probably still need to release AJ while Roosters need to finally release him. Wouldn't be surprised if the Roosters release him like a day before the season out of spite lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He was always looking for a Souths move, Souths probably still need to release AJ while Roosters need to finally release him. Wouldn't be surprised if the Roosters release him like a day before the season out of spite lol.
My uncle is a mad Souths supporter. He and the family are season ticket holders every season, and they also have some life membership as well. He actually thought that Latrell was going to be at Souths way back when Angus Crichton signed with them with still over a year remaining on his Souths contract. He thought it was going to be a player swap arrangement to begin from the start of the 2018 season.

Anyway... I just want Latrell to reconcile with Freddy more than anything because like him or not, we NEED him in the NSW squad.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My uncle is a mad Souths supporter. He and the family are season ticket holders every season, and they also have some life membership as well. He actually thought that Latrell was going to be at Souths way back when Angus Crichton signed with them with still over a year remaining on his Souths contract. He thought it was going to be a player swap arrangement to begin from the start of the 2018 season.

Anyway... I just want Latrell to reconcile with Freddy more than anything because like him or not, we NEED him in the NSW squad.
What's the we need him in the NSW squad shit?

Who cares about NSW? Fuck them. And their fucking blue coloured jersey.

The only jersey colour you need to worry about son is the Blue and fucking White one. Couldn't give a flying fuck is the Blues won or lost all of the remaining SOO series for enternity.

All that matters is the Dogs. Fuck everything else.

End.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Is there even any genuine substance to this Latrell/Souffs thing.... it just seems one of those ones where he is linked to Souths because he is indigenous, same with Addo Carr

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Mitchell

6. Walker
7. Reynolds

9. Cook

Mitchell will never make a good fullback, he doesn't have the motor or the motivation to do the workload. Walker goes missing from round 15 onwards. Reynolds is busted and Cook is overrated and has chocked in the past two prelim finals for lol@souffs. And that spine will be useless behind their putrid forward pack. I see them outside the 8.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mitchell will never make a good fullback, he doesn't have the motor or the motivation to do the workload. Walker goes missing from round 15 onwards. Reynolds is busted and Cook is overrated and has chocked in the past two prelim finals for lol@souffs. And that spine will be useless behind their putrid forward pack. I see them outside the 8.

for once we agree.... Cook was outplayed in this year's finals series by a kid in Sam Verrills.... he will need to develop more features to his game if he is to keep his rep jerseys... Walker rarely a stand out in big games

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for once we agree.... Cook was outplayed in this year's finals series by a kid in Sam Verrills.... he will need to develop more features to his game if he is to keep his rep jerseys... Walker rarely a stand out in big games
It's noted in the ships log. :grinning:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah but Cook used to be a beach sprinter, y'know... ;)

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Verrills has the best pass off the ground for a young rake I've seen in years and can cut out 3-4 defenders. Super talent.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I think NSW is fine without him, not like the QLD side is stacked

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Verrills has the best pass off the ground for a young rake I've seen in years and can cut out 3-4 defenders. Super talent.
Was he highly rated coming through the grades? Feels like he came from no where.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is very impressive.. thought he was close to best on park in some of their games during the finals... I don't think a lot of rookies in a stacked team would have chanced it for that try in the GF either