Latrell Mitchell racially abused at Panther

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Unbelievable what I'm reading here.

No doubt that Latrell is a **** as a player but that doesn't excuse for him to be racially abused from anyone. He doesn't need that and neither do other indigenous players.

Why try and excuse racial abuse as a storm in tea cup?

Racism of any kind is just not acceptable but idiots like Doogie who probably follows Mark Latham think racism should be considered a form of free speech and abusing and insulting indigenous or other people of colour and ethnicity should be allowed without getting into trouble.

Doogie, you wouldn't know what's it like to be racially abused, racially profiled and you're not in the position to tell people who get racially abused for being x to get over it and move on. Not that simple.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

No doubt that Latrell is a **** as a player but that doesn't excuse for him to be racially abused from anyone. He doesn't need that and neither do other indigenous players.

Racism of any kind is just not acceptable but idiots like Doogie who probably follows Mark Latham think racism should be considered a form of free speech and abusing and insulting indigenous or other people of colour and ethnicity should be allowed without getting into trouble.

Doogie, you wouldn't know what's it like to be racially abused, racially profiled and you're not in the position to tell people who get racially abused for being x to get over it and move on. Not that simple.
I do love Latrell as a player but agree some people trying to play this down or dismiss it is pretty shocking. One person that commented was reported previously for a bad indigenous joke & on Doogie, he’s actually a massive lefty who grew up in housing commission so his obvious hatred of indigenous people must stem from something else

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I went to school and played footy with blackfullas, there use to be a lot of racist jokes about them and I remembered they use to get bullied for being a 'dirty and stinky abo'.

About 4 or 5 years ago, I have sat down with Aboriginal community one time in Dubbo with former bulldog player Joe Williams and you hear the the shocking stories of when they were growing up as an indigenous person and getting called all sorts of things and even also being bullied and attack just for being Aboriginal.

White people don't realise how much these racist abuse and insults hurt them.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I went to school and played footy with blackfullas, there use to be a lot of racist jokes about them and I remembered they use to get bullied for being a 'dirty and stinky abo'.

About 4 or 5 years ago, I have sat down with Aboriginal community one time in Dubbo with former bulldog player Joe Williams and you hear the the shocking stories of when they were growing up as an indigenous person and getting called all sorts of things and even also being bullied and attack just for being Aboriginal.

Agreed and the words are only such a small part of it

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

So don’t call him black dog, but call him a weak gutted dog.
That makes the abuse ok.

One Day society will see these are just musical chairs on the same train.
Abuse takes many metric forms.

long way off tho.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why call them ‘blackfullas’. Obviously you mean no harm but that’s just associating them with poor English skills.
Never ever hard the term ‘aznfullas’ for example.

That the problem.
Rare instances of racism gets his energy activated but what about the heart of the real problem?
Sexual abuse.
Domestic violence.
Baby rape (yes! This is pandemic in aboriginal communities)
Alcoholism
Violence in general
What grinds my gears is these issues are never given the same time of day as #changethedate and racial insults which rarely happen.

Why do you single white people?
White people are legit the LEAST racist ethnic group.
Look which countries get the refugees, own white guilt and all that.
What about the other 30% of the population?

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
Why call them ‘blackfullas’. Obviously you mean no harm but that’s just associating them with poor English skills.
Never ever hard the term ‘aznfullas’ for example.

That the problem.
Rare instances of racism gets his energy activated but what about the heart of the real problem?
Sexual abuse.
Domestic violence.
Baby rape (yes! This is pandemic in aboriginal communities)
Alcoholism
Violence in general
What grinds my gears is these issues are never given the same time of day as #changethedate and racial insults which rarely happen.

Why do you single white people?
White people are legit the LEAST racist ethnic group.
Look which countries get the refugees, own white guilt and all that.
What about the other 30% of the population?
heheweloveit.png

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But they shouldn't, that's my point.

Racism and racial stereotyping only hurts because the person being targeted perceives it as being racist.

For example you could call someone a "Galiker",which as far as I know is a made up word.

So if I called someone that, given it's a made up word, it means absolutely nothing.

The same should apply to any other racist term in theory. It's just a word that means nothing, but someone has put meaning to, to perpetuate a stereotype.

So calling someone a Galiker, or any other "racist" term, should be dealt with in the same way (by ignoring it).

Afterall the only reason the person is using a racist term, is to get a reaction from someone. If there was no reaction, people would eventually stop doing it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As for Latrell, the racial abuse he seems to cop is far too much for anyone to be subjected to...

I think what hurts more about it being racial are these tpye comments coming from children and young people, it wouldn't sit well with me hearing a random child having a go at me based on my race without ever meeting or knowing me

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

U got a comprehension issue?

14 yr old kid gobbed off? What do you think is valid for that - drawn and quartered? Life in prison? Said the kid should be kicked out and EDUCATED. Not turned into a cause celebre ffs. Wanking off too had to catch that one did ya? Said Mitchell made a mountain out of a molehill because, he sort of thinks he's some sort of first nations advocate. First nations people can pick whatever advocate they want, its not up to me who they choose but it is up to me whether I think the dude is a dick who's self promoting for the sake of it (i.e. Lidia Thorpe). Same as first nations people can pick any white politician they don't like either. Democracy.

Don't agree with that - cool - but suck it up coz u ain't changing my mind.

And what makes it even better - all the way through been careful of using collective nouns that first nations people prefer. And what does your dumb ass do - &*%$#fullas? You first nations, coz if not, you calling me racist and you're the dumb ass using coloured terms? Go educate yourself.

And Gina Rinehart, being an ex cop (apparently) of course, jumping on when the subject of racial profiling comes up - is one of the funniest things I've heard this year. Gold.

Fck me - this isn't even hard. Calling me racist but happily using racist terms - shame I didn't see this yesterday - could have laughed all weekend.