Latrell Mitchell racially abused at Panther

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But im not white so I can't be racist lol

Plus we never threw the first punch so it was nice and legal.
See I am white but my grandparents and father came in a boat. Thatvtechnically makes me a 2nd generation boat person they still dump me in with thecracist whiteys

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is that? I would say most bad "habits" come from parents. They are usually the biggest influence in a kids life. There are exceptions to the rules, but more often than not (in my experience anyway) shitty parents produce shitty kids.
I agree,
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.
And people are not born racist.
It's a learnt bad attitude and if not learnt from the parents and learn elsewhere you can guarantee the parents haven't done a good enough job teaching their children values.
Values that would have their children ignore racist attitudes and not adopt them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree,
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.
And people are not born racist.
It's a learnt bad attitude and if not learnt from the parents and learn elsewhere you can guarantee the parents haven't done a good enough job teaching their children values.
Values that would have their children ignore racist attitudes and not adopt them.
Bro not just parents, schools are fkn putrid these days.

I help with distribution to 30+ school canteens and when I'm actually at schools the shit you hear and see is disgusting.

And they aren't public schools either...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Michael Chammas on Channel 9 has just reported that the teenager has denied that he used a racial term.

It's going to be his word against Trell's unless there is conclusive audio or witnesses.
Didn’t a panthers player state on the night that he heard it too?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro not just parents, schools are fkn putrid these days.

I help with distribution to 30+ school canteens and when I'm actually at schools the shit you hear and see is disgusting.

And they aren't public schools either...
Didn’t a panthers player state on the night that he heard it too?
Yeah, was reported that players from both camps heard it.
And also other fans in the crowd who identified the youth to security
Going to be hard to lie your way out of it.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The boys father has basically confirmed he said it.

Speaking to the police after the incident the teenager’s father told them his son “shouldn’t have said what he said”, the Daily Telegraph reported.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not joking when I say the Australian tendency to use "dog" as an insult should fire everyone up more, especially with the internalised canine hatred I've seen here!

Dogs, not only being our mascot and what we refer to ourselves as, are the sweetest, most loyal animals on the planet. I love dogs far more than humans, regardless of the dog breed or the human colour.

Once again, man's best friend wears the true intention of the insult, and simply wags his or her tail, wanting a gentle pet.

#StopUsingDogAsAnInsult

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange that it always seems to be Souths, and always seems to be at Latrell Mitchell. Yet the NRL are full of indigenous players.

Watching NRL360 tonight and they talked about this.

According to them, the father has spoken with police and actually denied his son said what was claimed to have been said, and that it was racist. The son has also confirmed this.

Sounds like the players didn't react to what was said, but rather to someone firing up over the comment that was made.

Said it'll be hard to prove either way as its pretty much the father and kids word against players who may not have heard something correctly.

Personally I think it's made a laughing stock of the NRL.

The whole sticks and stones thing really. Kid wanted attention, kids getting a shitload of attention. It's about time we just ignored such comments. Ignore the words, and if they don't get any attention from it, it never has the desired impact.

By making a gigantic song and dance about it, all it does is encourage other people to do the same in a crowd.

Also trying to ban someone from games is laughable. It's never worked and never will work. In particular with someone under 18 whose ID cannot easily be questioned/requested.

Just think about it.

Kid says something, players continue on into dressing room, and nothing more is said about it. That's the easiest way to handle it as it gets zero attention.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
A pair of tits?

He already has those.
He plays for south’s so I’ll stay out if it but if he played for literally any other team this is the gift I would do for the dogs club.
If we played him in the semis I’ll whisper in his ear on his way out something low level racial and that would send him into tears all game and nullify him.

Someone Lay down a good bet in that situation and cut me in and the racism will get harder. There’s not a racist bone in my body but I love racism.

That’s how easy it is to ruin him when you let dumb words from edgy kids get to you.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He plays for south’s so I’ll stay out if it but if he played for literally any other team this is the gift I would do for the dogs club.
If we played him in the semis I’ll whisper in his ear on his way out something low level racial and that would send him into tears all game and nullify him.

Someone Lay down a good bet in that situation and cut me in and the racism will get harder. There’s not a racist bone in my body but I love racism.

That’s how easy it is to ruin him when you let dumb words from edgy kids get to you.
Plenty of ammo provided by that arrogant lazy zub to use instead of racial shit.

Being a lebo ;) you should know that lol

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Strange that it always seems to be Souths, and always seems to be at Latrell Mitchell. Yet the NRL are full of indigenous players.

Watching NRL360 tonight and they talked about this.

According to them, the father has spoken with police and actually denied his son said what was claimed to have been said, and that it was racist. The son has also confirmed this.

Sounds like the players didn't react to what was said, but rather to someone firing up over the comment that was made.

Said it'll be hard to prove either way as its pretty much the father and kids word against players who may not have heard something correctly.

Personally I think it's made a laughing stock of the NRL.

The whole sticks and stones thing really. Kid wanted attention, kids getting a shitload of attention. It's about time we just ignored such comments. Ignore the words, and if they don't get any attention from it, it never has the desired impact.

By making a gigantic song and dance about it, all it does is encourage other people to do the same in a crowd.

Also trying to ban someone from games is laughable. It's never worked and never will work. In particular with someone under 18 whose ID cannot easily be questioned/requested.

Just think about it.

Kid says something, players continue on into dressing room, and nothing more is said about it. That's the easiest way to handle it as it gets zero attention.
TBH, ignoring racism doesn’t make it go away. I’ve stood up to it many times and there are times when I’ve ignored it. Sadly, neither strategy works. If someone yells out some racist shit, then there needs to be consequences. The crowd yelling out racist shit can’t just be ignored with the old sticks and stones crap

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a racial slur..Mitchell should not have to put up with it..no one should. Kid should be banned from going to any NRL games for a year..and not be able to play any officially organised Rugby League games for the same year. Additionally, before he is allowed back he needs to complete a recognised course dealing with racism.. Hopefully he’ll learn his lesson..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s a racial slur..Mitchell should not have to put up with it..no one should. Kid should be banned from going to any NRL games for a year..and not be able to play any officially organised Rugby League games for the same year. Additionally, before he is allowed back he needs to complete a recognised course dealing with racism.. Hopefully he’ll learn his lesson..
I can't stand the bloke or the teams he plays for but zero fkn need to get racial with the arrogant grub.