Latrell Mitchell racially abused at Panther

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I
Mate when we were growing up you copped bullying, bashing, teasing every day at school you had to live with it , yeah i know it's got to be stopped but at some point you have to think about the person who does it, when i look back at my school days and look at those very same people now i can see mental problems still to this day .Penrith is itself people who generally are pretty well off ,but some Penrith supporters come from some of the worst areas to live in in Australia i have seen those areas through work first hand and children from those areas have some of the worst parents and lives that i wouldnt wish on anyone. So my point is before this becomes another Adam Goodes story and a child gets crucified for a stupid comment we should look at the person first.
I tend to agree here.
Although it might seem like a string of "racial" taunts directed at Latrell, let's face it, his personality and antics put him front and square of being targeted.

Now I don't know if:
(a) this kid was trying to taunt Latrell for his personality or footy performance and used the words as an adjective without thinking (probably use to using those words as endearing amongst other indigenous or Maori friends of his, in the same way black people call each other "N" word)

Or

b) whether he actually IS racist, feels Indigenous people are lesser humans and knew exactly what he was saying

I strongly believe it is (a) and his choice of words are either coming from his upbringing or his circle of friends. If he's hanging around many indigenous or Maori or islander kids, they are probably calling each other that every day, and he may have adopted it in his vernacular.

If it happens to be (b) then there are underlying issues and that needs education and rehabilitation.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
My opinion and experience is different. I will leave it there bro. If your position is that you being called a white fella is comparable to the black experience then I don’t know what to tell ya.
Would have let it go but you didn't leave it there - you had to add one more comment. So I'll return serve.

I'm not talking the experience which is the past - I'm talking the future. You want a future free of racist terms, then get rid of it all no matter what colour you are. Walk the walk. If you want people who are white to stop making comments based on people skin colour, then coloured people should not use the term white. Its a powerful message. I'm not comparing who's more offended by what - coz that shouldn't matter. You are what you are no matter what colour you are.

Know you're coming from a good place bro but to me, you make your own future. Cannot change the past, learn from it sure but don't let it define the future. Just keep colour out of every statement, no one is offended and the kids learn it and own it. Think its really simple and avoids context, personal views and any other criteria someone may use as an excuse.

btw - noticed I haven't once used the b**** term in this thread? Only white - which I am. Prefer to walk the walk mate. No diss on you using it but thats just my views. I keep colours out of it as much as I can.

Have a good weekend bro.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gotta say while reading this thread, geez I wish you guys got as fired up about all the female abuse and name calling, derogatory terms and sexual insults that goes on in here (and elsewhere) as passionately as Trell's "black dog" insult ...as bad as that was.

I see guys accuse others of not having the guts to repeat it to Mitchell to his face or the individual aggrieved poster. Well hey would you be repeating some of the stuff written here to your wives and children? Could you open up TK find a thread, call your daughter over and say hey look what X just said about shafting his cock into that slag or similar comments which appear regularly on here.

I can tell you it's not a good look for a public Bulldogs open forum.

It seems the only standards involve racism and homophobia. Not sexism or misogyny.

Raelene, as an example, and other females, would def appreciate the same sort of calling out passion for her and defense for her of the personal insults.. which are all unrelated to her poor work performance back then. Humiliating and intimidating words have been used but that goes unnoticed and few jump up and down offended on her behalf. And she's only one female who has been roundly abused and females in general are spoken of in a disrespectful way. Thunberg, Tame, Wilkinson etc etc etc. Most of insults are not work related but personal hatred of the person (same as Mitchell) and degenerates to sexual insults or appearance for a female being discussed.

Kinda a different issue to compare rascism to sexism abuse but still mentally and psychologically harmful for the recipient and others who are distressed to see it.... Same as Mitchell and rascism.

Us female Bulldogs Kennellers, (the few that are left) if we want to participate and find out Bulldogs news on here, have to read through daily let's just say, less than complimentary comments, observations, (compiled lists of female slurs just for fun) and even violent sexual, disrespectful sexual acts upon females. And truth be told females are often the heart and soul of league volunteers and player's support network yet are subjected to regular negative comments with no one, or NRL, stepping up for them like Mitchell is receiving.

Be great, if while cleaning up and calling out rascism, we can also raise the standards regarding bullying and misogyny as well.

Thanks guys. One of my rants I'm afraid and it's not the majority on here who just want to talk footy, our teams fortunes and future, share snippets of info, views or vent.

I'm just asking to think about the ramifications of insults whether racial or sexist. They all hurt the recipient and the broader community is the poorer for it. We don't need any of it in our lives.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Gotta say while reading this thread, geez I wish you guys got as fired up about all the female abuse and name calling, derogatory terms and sexual insults that goes on in here (and elsewhere) as passionately as Trell's "black dog" insult ...as bad as that was.

I see guys accuse others of not having the guts to repeat it to Mitchell to his face or the individual aggrieved poster. Well hey would you be repeating some of the stuff written here to your wives and children? Could you open up TK find a thread, call your daughter over and say hey look what X just said about shafting his cock into that slag or similar comments which appear regularly on here.

I can tell you it's not a good look for a public Bulldogs open forum.

It seems the only standards involve racism and homophobia. Not sexism or misogyny.

Raelene, as an example, and other females, would def appreciate the same sort of calling out passion for her and defense for her of the personal insults.. which are all unrelated to her poor work performance back then. Humiliating and intimidating words have been used but that goes unnoticed and few jump up and down offended on her behalf. And she's only one female who has been roundly abused and females in general are spoken of in a disrespectful way. Thunberg, Tame, Wilkinson etc etc etc. Most of insults are not work related but personal hatred of the person (same as Mitchell) and degenerates to sexual insults or appearance for a female being discussed.

Kinda a different issue to compare rascism to sexism abuse but still mentally and psychologically harmful for the recipient and others who are distressed to see it.... Same as Mitchell and rascism.

Us female Bulldogs Kennellers, (the few that are left) if we want to participate and find out Bulldogs news on here, have to read through daily let's just say, less than complimentary comments, observations, (compiled lists of female slurs just for fun) and even violent sexual, disrespectful sexual acts upon females. And truth be told females are often the heart and soul of league volunteers and player's support network yet are subjected to regular negative comments with no one, or NRL, stepping up for them like Mitchell is receiving.

Be great, if while cleaning up and calling out rascism, we can also raise the standards regarding bullying and misogyny as well.

Thanks guys. One of my rants I'm afraid and it's not the majority on here who just want to talk footy, our teams fortunes and future, share snippets of info, views or vent.

I'm just asking to think about the ramifications of insults whether racial or sexist. They all hurt the recipient and the broader community is the poorer for it. We don't need any of it in our lives.

Is it ok to pick on rich wankers?

Just asking :innocent:.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok bitches can we keep this on topic and stop deflecting

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
lol - someone got a little sensitive.....

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This wouldn't of been a problem if he just used **** instead of black. Dog **** rolls off the tongue better lol

Or he could of used "fat dog", "fat ****", "lazy ****".

Race isn't needed, that little redneck unclefucker should widen his vocabulary.
Well said. The word **** comes to mind whenever I see or read about Latrine Bitchell.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Growing up playing league in group 7 all the racial abuse was from the aboriginal parents on the sidelines.. you’d hear them all game screaming out ‘hit the gubba c&@t’, bash the gubba dog’.
Can’t imagine what would have happened to those parents if it was the other way around.
Racism is not on

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Growing up playing league in group 7 all the racial abuse was from the aboriginal parents on the sidelines.. you’d hear them all game screaming out ‘hit the gubba c&@t’, bash the gubba dog’.
Can’t imagine what would have happened to those parents if it was the other way around.
Racism is not on
What's a gubba?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A white person

Yep correct.Anyone who doesn't think the indigenous aren't racist and worse..your dreaming!
I see it every day.
Lo and behold you don't smoke and some gunt wants a ciggy, gubba is tame to what they actually say...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Michael Chammas on Channel 9 has just reported that the teenager has denied that he used a racial term.

It's going to be his word against Trell's unless there is conclusive audio or witnesses.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep correct.Anyone who doesn't think the indigenous aren't racist and worse..your dreaming!
I see it every day.
Lo and behold you don't smoke and some gunt wants a ciggy, gubba is tame to what they actually say...
Like whites, not all of them a racists but I have met a few racist aboriginals while bouncing.

Found it hilarious when they would call me a terrorist and my Islander boys "black *****". They didn't find it hilarious when they came to sadly....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Michael Chammas on Channel 9 has just reported that the teenager has denied that he used a racial term.

It's going to be his word against Trell's unless there is conclusive audio or witnesses.
There would be at least 20-30 direct witnesses around him wouldnt there?

BUT Bitchell is a grub and wouldn't put it past him making shit up to cover his shit performance in a loss.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There would be at least 20-30 direct witnesses around him wouldnt there?

BUT Bitchell is a grub and wouldn't put it past him making shit up to cover his shit performance in a loss.
That's what I'm thinking, he would be stupid to deny it if he said it loud enough for Trell to hear on the field. There would be countless witnesses and audio of it surely.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are quick to throw the gavel down before proof especially these days, if the kid said it then find wittiness that aren’t south’s players.

there would be plenty of people close by especially if LM and other south’s players heard it.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Like whites, not all of them a racists but I have met a few racist aboriginals while bouncing.

Found it hilarious when they would call me a terrorist and my Islander boys "black *****". They didn't find it hilarious when they came to sadly....
Thats harsh bro - they actually called you a feminist and the boys mack trucks.

Oh well - sometimes mistakes are made :tearsofjoy:

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lol you racist fuck your not allowed to beat up the aboriginals. Thats just repeating so called colonialization.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Workwd with some Tongan boys unloading containers years ago. They used to call me a white skipoy fuck. I was young and fires back by calling them coconuts. They were not happy. But we sorted it out and we all laughed and laughed afterwards.