• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Feldty is going nowhere.

Hess on the other hand, you guys are welcome to have that pretty boy
Id be happy with that, something doesn't seem right with him in that group at the moment. We all know how devastating Hess can be, sometimes the inclusion of certain players can influence players differently.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you think we are suffering a little tunnel vision, here, instead of looking at whole salary cap instead of individual players

So like I said the other day, if the board can deliver josh ado carr, Bronson xerri and channel tevita for a combined 1.8M fair game I walk away from the latrell discussion, but what if they cannot get them??

We all know, if we want latrell we are pretty much in the box seat we can get him.

So why not go for the guaranteed kill of 1m per season on latrell, and then we only get 1 of the above 3 i have mentioned we are at 1.6M for 2 players.....200k change for an up an comer..

But if the board turns around and gets an ageing BJ at 600k , an ageing gagai who is not a centre at 700k, and or the cripple Jack bird.... we have serious problems ladies and gentlemen...

If we are going for youth, then sign the best...
Agree totally bar the 1.8m for the 3. personally think that maybe a bit rich. But hey these 3 would make a difference to our team. But still we sign CHT we may lose a promising Averillo/Wakeham etc. Fox and Xerri definite.
Im still on the Mitchell train though hahaha. Especially if we can nab him for 800-900

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think mitchell will become a legend folklore for the dogs
Give him a go, the kid has something to prove, and I love the arrogance about him.
Although I reckon Newcastle and rabbits might now have a crack at him
Agree totally bar the 1.8m for the 3. personally think that maybe a bit rich. But hey these 3 would make a difference to our team. But still we sign CHT we may lose a promising Averillo/Wakeham etc. Fox and Xerri definite.
Im still on the Mitchell train though hahaha. Especially if we can nab him for 800-900

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think mitchell will become a legend folklore for the dogs
Give him a go, the kid has something to prove, and I love the arrogance about him.
Although I reckon Newcastle and rabbits might now have a crack at him
Wouldn't surprise me if someone not even in the race signs him, or us that's pulled out openly. Funny how these public signings turn out.

Hoping its us :-)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if someone not even in the race signs him, or us that's pulled out openly. Funny how these public signings turn out.

Hoping its us :-)
Can't say I know much about the recruitment process in the NRL but when looking at English football it's really common for clubs to publicly deny any interest in a player only to sign the same player a week or two later.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't say I know much about the recruitment process in the NRL but when looking at English football it's really common for clubs to publicly deny any interest in a player only to sign the same player a week or two later.
Happens here a bit also. We seem to play that game fairly well, most of the media shit that gets dribbled on about is mainly made up BS.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah $1.8m is a bit high, but its what we'd have to offer and they would make a big difference. If we signed CHT, I reckon the club would let Cogger go and try to extend Wakeham/Averillo.

Whoever signs Latrell, he's going to have to perform every week. Imagine the knives out for him after his first quiet week?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers will pay lattrell $1.2 to play fb he will be a flop then go back to centre and be the most overpaid centre in the game well played lattrell

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers will pay lattrell $1.2 to play fb he will be a flop then go back to centre and be the most overpaid centre in the game well played lattrell
Is that what they are offering... WOW. Ok he aint comin here then haha.

Who knows how he will go honestly, its all upto him. He will have a huge point to prove, wouldn't surprise me if he smashes it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mitchell playing 800-900k then it's doable. But up and over 1m is way too much I'm sorry.

He's not going to come here and play fullback. No way in hell. So if he's sticking to his "I want to play fullback" thing then it's simply not going to happen.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah $1.8m is a bit high, but its what we'd have to offer and they would make a big difference. If we signed CHT, I reckon the club would let Cogger go and try to extend Wakeham/Averillo.

Whoever signs Latrell, he's going to have to perform every week. Imagine the knives out for him after his first quiet week?
That's big bucks for potential, would say Fox top out at 750 ish. 500-600 for the other 2 is a bit rich, either way be nice. CHT/Cogger yeah id take CHT.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mitchell playing 800-900k then it's doable. But up and over 1m is way too much I'm sorry.

He's not going to come here and play fullback. No way in hell. So if he's sticking to his "I want to play fullback" thing then it's simply not going to happen.
Agree, for what DWZ has brought to the team id stick with him. Needs to work on ball playing etc, but can be done. If he cant get that added to his game, then different story.
800-900 for Latrell to play Centre, yes please.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be surprised to see a late offer tabled by lol@souffs once they get their Burgess money off their books.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think LM loves the idea of being paid like the best fullback in the game, not sure he is gonna love what madge makes him do so he is even capable. playing centre at the roosters will seem like a walk in the park.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Imagine he goes tigers and becomes one of the best fullbacks in the game and leads tigers to finals or more, lol
Depending on who is around him I actually see this unfolding more than him flopping.

All this shit was said about Inglis and look how he turned out. Was in and out of games at centre, very similar build. Wasn’t much chop at 5/8 when trialed early.

He will need to work on his fitness and I don’t see him lasting 10 years there due to size. Though I think he will be a beast for 5-6 seasons injury permitted. He’s been leading point scorer for two seasons (sure kicking goals for roosters help, though with more ball in his hand and not tedesco or keary or cronk does he score more)?

All the bad shit spread is a media beat up. What’s he done? Actual told the media the truth? That he’s wanting to be paid and has 10 years in the game? Wow what a shock. Least he had the balls to call it as it is to the media and not beat around the bush. Any of us would say the same thing.

I’ve been paid sparring with pro boxers and while I love the sport I’ve also turned down small paid fights for different reasons that life has had for me, though $ is always a factor. Same as all the blokes in any fucking sport.

Anyway there is nothing to say latrell can’t follow Inglis career path.

Any player can go off the rails. Not something I’m basing my decision on. Just because he’s indigenous and barba did. Plenty of others haven’t.

Even if he failed at fullback he’s the best centre in the game, goal kicker and a big ass boot.

Anyway time will tell.

Last edited: