Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Banned
Reaction score
Give it to him, at least he's the sense to wear jeans instead of FUCKING SHORTS, WTF!!!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Mitchell is out helping with the fires out Taree way...

The attached caption: Latrell Mitchell and his dad & brother and a mate helping out with the fires in Taree bloody legends
But I thought he was a bad person, and a selfish **** or something according to the kennel

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another bungled recruitment they have been speaking to him for 6 months.
The recent announcement to save face....then using their propaganda machine on here to convince us it's a good decision not to pursue

But I thought he was a bad person, and a selfish **** or something according to the kennel

A

Alexander the Great

Don't forget uncle nick pays for all the players end of season bender in Vegas if they woman grand final....
Latrell Mitchell is a fool. Roosters offered him 800K, the most for a centre in the NRL.
They are a successful club likely to feature in finals football for years to come.
With success comes $$$$. The Tigers are offering him 1M & looks like he’ll be playing fullback. He’s untried at fullback since 2016 where he was found wanting. His chances of playing rep footy at fullback are zero.
The Tigers will struggle to play finals football and Maguire is a hard taskmaster and not the soft touch Robinson is.
The Roosters have looked after Latrell since he was 16 & even brought his untalented brother to the club to keep him happy.
This will end up a train wreck of a decision.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The recent announcement to save face....then using their propaganda machine on here to convince us it's a good decision not to pursue
All the muppets that got sucked into the Roosters sponsored Anti Mitchell campaign vacuum!!!!
@coach & @ Dinkum Dog
Don’t believe anything you read in the papers half of the stories are bullshit & the rest are lies....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jesus fuck. He isn't worth anywhere near the money he is demanding, simple as that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All the muppets that got sucked into the Roosters sponsored Anti Mitchell campaign vacuum!!!!
@coach & @ Dinkum Dog
Don’t believe anything you read in the papers half of the stories are bullshit & the rest are lies....
Dunno what you’re talking about @SweetFA.

The last thing I believe is what’s in the papers.

I didn’t want Mitchell purely on my business sensibilities and lack of ROI - no other reason and I’ve been clear about that.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's around 15- 20 tries per year and a few hundred points every year worth to you ?
That’s in that roosters team
No matter whether you want him or not
You can’t compare his stats from a back to back premiership side that won 90% games to us
He wouldn’t score half the points in our current team
Not saying he is shit or not shit, but can’t compare that

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s in that roosters team
No matter whether you want him or not
You can’t compare his stats from a back to back premiership side that won 90% games to us
He wouldn’t score half the points in our current team
Not saying he is shit or not shit, but can’t compare that
Have to agree with this and for the life of me don't understand why more people don't.

Of course Mitchell would be a good signing for us as he's way better than any centre we have. But justifying his price by stating statistics from a premiership winning team that's been together for some time with a large number of gun players? How do you think he would perform to the same level in our team? Now with 2 inexperienced halves?

I can't get my head around the fact so many of you can't see this.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just my opinion but i dont think he has signed with anyone yet, and the numbers getting thrown around are most likely media shite.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's throw a hypothetical out there even if it will never happen...

IF we somehow get Foran's full salary compensated through this rep insurance bullshit, then seeing as we have $1 million to spend and it has to be on a half, then wouldn't it make sense to sign Latrell and claim he's our 5/8th because if we don't use all of the money, it will go to waste for this season?

They couldn't make you play him there every week. Play him there in the trials and then round 1 put him back in the centres..

Say we sign him on a three year deal, that means we're really only paying for two of those three years. So in terms of cap space, he'd only cost 665k a year, which is a bargain and well worth the risk. Hypothetically speaking of course...

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not to mention his goal kicking,
Towering kicks in general play
practically unstoppable one on one-
nah he’s not worth it!!!!!
I agree, if we keep him on the field and then involved. I love the kid but his issues do worry me from a club point of view.
It’s a very expensive risk when we already have a 1.1-1.2 mil player on the sideline the whole season

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree, if we keep him on the field and then involved. I love the kid but his issues do worry me from a club point of view.
It’s a very expensive risk when we already have a 1.1-1.2 mil player on the sideline the whole season
What about my point of if we magically get Forans full contract available in the cap, then to make a play for Mitchell?

So considering he'd essentially be free under the cap this year, if we signed him at 3 years $3 million, it would actually work out to be 3 years at 666k per year because of the cap relief, which would be a bargain.

It will all be a moot point as the NRL will fuck us or he'll sign elsewhere but it's something to consider as a scenario.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What about my point of if we magically get Forans full contract available in the cap, then to make a play for Mitchell?

So considering he'd essentially be free under the cap this year, if we signed him at 3 years $3 million, it would actually work out to be 3 years at 666k per year because of the cap relief, which would be a bargain.

It will all be a moot point as the NRL will fuck us or he'll sign elsewhere but it's something to consider as a scenario.
I’d be happy with that but not sure whether that could happen quick enough, especially with Foran requiring further surgery and the NRL/insurer no doubt requiring reports etc. I hope it does! Still a risk but a lot less