Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he should be more loyal to the Roosters than his kids and sacrifice 200K a season to play for them as they can't afford more the poor club. All these people who keep saying he's got mental problems I'd like to know some examples of that because I'm unaware of any Are some people just assuming shit because of race and stereotyping ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My best mates a rooster fan. He’s filthy.

Don’t get me wrong he is over the moon they kept manu. Though he’s burning over trell
Yh and my neighbour couldn't care less and wished us luck with all our future trouble with him lol. The majority aren't crazy about him from what I can tell, his demands are stupid.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Time to swoop on him and Cody Walker. Offer them both 1m a season. Fuck it we need players that score or set up points.

1. Dwz
2. Okunbor/meaney
3. Mitchell
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Walker
7. Foran/wakeham/Lewis/cogger
8. Rfm
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Jackson (c)
12. Chn
13. Tolman

14. Katoa
15. Renouf
16. Elliot
17. Sue/ogden/stimson/Britt
Walker ain’t worth a mil to me.

Id take him don’t get me wrong. Just not a mil player. I could accept latrell as he’s only 22 and has all the signs of becoming Greg Inglis 2.0

Walker is late 20’s already isn’t he? I know he was a late starter. Still his games are more hot and cold then latrell that’s for sure.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yh and my neighbour couldn't care less and wished us luck with all our future trouble with him lol. The majority aren't crazy about him from what I can tell, his demands are stupid.
That sounds like someone but hurt tbh

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Dogs management don't reinstate their offer NOW the Roosters have withdrawn theirs then they might as well go suck off Nick Politis because they're playing right into the hands of the Roosters and the Roosters will end up keeping Mitchell for what they can afford under the cap. Our current board are shaping up to be as big a bunch of morons as the last board. Why the f..k would they help the Roosters keep him for less. Maybe our board members are receiving brown paper bags from Uncle Nick and working as double agents.

Did we even make an official approach to Mitchell though because I read it was George Coorey on his own bat and he got into trouble over it.

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MODERATORS DO YOUR JOB! MERGE THE THREADS, FMD

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree; right now is the time to strike. If the management are as good as some on here really push to portray then latrell will be in blue and white for 2020! I mean ffs it’s not even a strategic move it’s just fucking basic sense now to make it happen. Cmon management ffs get him signed and improve our backline with one of the best backs in the Fucking game and can break the game open for the first time in half a decade.

A backline with latrell Dwz smith and hoppa will give us some good Fucking excitement for Next year!

Even if it’s cogger and Lewis or wakeham we forans cooked.

Then allows us to make a move for 2021 to go for a title window with the right recruitment around those guys!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope his nuptie manager doesn’t get in his ear and prices him out of the market

Those in Footy circles know the dogs are cashed up and promised a couple marquee players

if he wants something ridiculous or overly pricey then I agree he can stay where he is, however if it’s around the 800-900k mark I believe it’s a risk worth taking.

Say 700-750 on cap and 100-150 in tpa
Surely some muppet director has some business connections and business nous to make it happen.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well, the beautician who frosts the tips of my pubes was devastated, so he’s a big loss to them.... it’s pretty much official....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Err congratulations on posting number 9....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looking at value for money, any idea what he would have been on?
And? I still don't see your point? Might as well compare every signing to Foran then and claim it's better value.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd do it but I'm still waiting for a reply to my resume ffs.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't understand people having a go at him for turning down the Roosters offer?

You might not think he's worth 800k or $1 million and you might be proven right, but plenty of worse players than him get paid that much or more.

Why would he, or any other player turn down an extra 200-300k or more a season when another club will pay that much? How does that make him greedy?

Why is DWZ admired for leaving Penrith after Cleary froze him out and publicly criticised him but Latrell is weak and soft for doing the same thing after Robinson and Fittler have ripped him every chance they get?

People forget Dallin had numerous shockers at Penrith where he was also disinterested and lazy which is what led to him falling out with Cleary in the first place. Same with CHN. This is common in the NRL and sport in general and a change of clubs often sparks a return to form. But with Latrell the same thing can't happen? He's that poisonous?
Fair comments mate.
I think the biggest problem potentially are the people in Mitchell’s corner giving him ‘advice’. That might be the source of the poison.

Sure, everyone wants to earn as much as they can but to be worthy of $1m or similar you’ve gotta earn that every week ala: Cronk, Smith. I don’t see that level of consistency in Mitchell’s game. Plus we don’t have superstar halves feeding him good ball like he gets at Bondi. That’s huge money to be standing out in the centres potentially walking.

Maybe a change of club is what he needs but is it worth the risk to maybe find out the hard way? I’m not convinced. If it was half this alleged paycheck then maybe, but for a mil and lukewarm consistency I’d pass.