News Latrell Mitchell and Jack Wighton arrested

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
sources with knowledge of the police statement of facts have told News Corp it indicates no punches were thrown between the pair.

The News Corp report reveals that police only intervened in the physical altercation of fears it could have escalated.

A troubling video of the incident emerged on Sunday showing Mitchell screaming in pain as he was arrested and taken into custody by four ACT Police officers who were struggling to fit handcuffs on his giant wrists.

Wighton, who could have walked away from the situation while his good friend was being arrested, then reportedly returned to the scene due to concerns for 25-year-old Mitchell.

He also didn’t want to return home without Mitchell, given the Rabbitohs star was supposed to spend the night at Wighton’s home before returning to Sydney.

The Raiders five-eighth then reportedly said something to police along the lines of: “look, If you’re going to take him you might as well take me.”

Police then complied – taking both the Raiders and Rabbitohs stars to the police cells.

Wighton was charged with fighting in a public place and failing to comply with an exclusion direction, while Mitchell was charged with fighting in a public place, affray and resisting arrest.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who is the victim? Why is this even at court? Two mates who didn’t even throw a punch at each other? I’m sure there is real crime out there. Fkn waste of time even being at court

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would that help them? Indigenous people make up only 3% of the population but account for 29% of the prison population. They shouldn’t have been charged in the first place by the sounds of it
If their actions had the public concerned, scared and needed to waste police resources to disrupt that kind of behaviour, they should be held accountable.

Perhaps a court appearance might help deter them next time and also be a lesson to other players that "playful" fights in public are not a good look.

Not sure why it is deferred to later in the year. Just make them face the judge, hold them accountable and move on.

What's the point of the delay? Gathering evidence?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Who is the victim? Why is this even at court? Two mates who didn’t even throw a punch at each other? I’m sure there is real crime out there. Fkn waste of time even being at court
The ancient Greeks used to wrestle in public all the time, fam...and they didn't even wrap the gyros, if you catch my drift. The Greeks certainly caught the drift. You can take it to the bank, baby!

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ancient Greeks used to wrestle in public all the time, fam...and they didn't even wrap the gyros, if you catch my drift. The Greeks caught the drift, baby! You can take it to the bank.
That was then, this is now....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ancient Greeks used to wrestle in public all the time, fam...and they didn't even wrap the gyros, if you catch my drift. The Greeks certainly caught the drift. You can take it to the bank, baby!
Glad you said "Take it to the bank" and not "Take it in the back"

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If their actions had the public concerned, scared and needed to waste police resources to disrupt that kind of behaviour, they should be held accountable.

Perhaps a court appearance might help deter them next time and also be a lesson to other players that "playful" fights in public are not a good look.

Not sure why it is deferred to later in the year. Just make them face the judge, hold them accountable and move on.

What's the point of the delay? Gathering evidence?
Who would be scared and concerned at 3am outside a nightclub because two blokes are wrestling? It’s a waste of time for everyone involved and the cops were way over the top. Do you think hearings are instant? It’s not a TV show. Some cases take years to get to a hearing. If they weren’t indigenous you probably wouldn’t have even commented