News Last time we won round 1 2017

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great win by our team.
Wasn’t pretty at all but a great result under the conditions.
If we can build nicely but not at a turtles pace hopefully good things will follow.
Dufty and Naden were the best of the backs.
Ado Carr looked like he ages 10 years but was solid.
Dry track at Homebush let’s trot v broncos.
Special mention Jayden Okunbor for a solid game with some strong runs.
We’re in the top 8.
Fire up dogs .

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was a win. Certainly not pretty but we got there and the monkey is off our back. Ockie had a good game but I thought Fox looked like he tried too hard, good thing or bad thing? A couple of weeks and everyone will relax a bit and hopefully flow better. I was at the game and the boys looked to be bonding well. Bring on the Donkeys.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing I did see, was more of the ball going to Averillo, instead of a forward - much as Ennis was saying we should do.

I'm hoping that the win will give them more confidence to build on their play. I reckon that had Dufty's try been allowed, and we went out to 12-4, the players would have lifted and been more confident to move the ball.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me or has fox in both games he has played for us seem to no be running as hard? He also mentioned after the game on matty John’s show that when he was in the clear he was feeling his hammy tighten up hopefully we are not playing him at 50% just for his leader ship

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No sorry mate we got beat in 2017. 12-6 v Melbourne at Belmore

Last time we won Rd 1 was in 2016 v Manly at Brooky. Ironically in Baz's first game as coach. We trounced them 28-6 (or something like that)

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing I did see, was more of the ball going to Averillo, instead of a forward - much as Ennis was saying we should do.

I'm hoping that the win will give them more confidence to build on their play. I reckon that had Dufty's try been allowed, and we went out to 12-4, the players would have lifted and been more confident to move the ball.
They are definitely playing cautiously, that is partly a confidence thing as you say, but also because it is essentially a new team. It does feel like we now have the players to build towards more expansive and creative play.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No sorry mate we got beat in 2017. 12-6 v Melbourne at Belmore

Last time we won Rd 1 was in 2016 v Manly at Brooky. Ironically in Baz's first game as coach. We trounced them 28-6 (or something like that)
With G.Sutton as the ref. After that we lost 18 straight with G.Sutton until the sequence got broken v Saints in 2021.

Just as an aside it is LONG OVERDUE that we get a home game in Round 1. This year is a really poor start with 3 out of the first 4 away, including 2 requiring plane trips.