Last Tackle Kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Against the Broncos, in my opinion, Hodkinson's last tackle kicking game was far off what it has been. Those low kicks with way too much weight really irked me. I'm not saying he's a bad player by any means, but does anyone else think he needs to get a little less weight on them for the finals?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Close to the line, hodko is our best option. He was a little off against the broncos.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had the right idea putting in the grubbers but they were just a tad long

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep, repeat sets / 40/20's / lack of dropped ball and silly penaltys given away.. hope it's not too much to ask for.. kill or be killed now in every game an elimination to the grand final.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Stop using the broncos game as the indicator of our finals campaign, it was basically a dead rubber so can everyone just calm their farm and stop making all these ridiculous threads and comments about it?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
If in doubt kick it at Uate - bomb, chip, grubber anything

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably new boots, hence why he's been missing some kicks too. It's all in the boots.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think our kick chases have been an issue. Our backs rarely look convincing running for a bomb or chip kick.

In defence, also, it often looks as though our outside backs don't want to catch the ball on the full.

Reynolds has been good with 40-20's this year. I hope to see a few more during the finals.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gonna get hated for this... But I've said for a couple years now that Hodkinson has a terrible kicking game.

He has no plan at all and it looks as if he aims for the back 3 players every single time and hits them with perfect accuracy. He needs to work on his kicking game big time.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hodkinson has been great this year but he was very poor last game and has to control the game alot better ,we looked lost in attack last week

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Gonna get hated for this... But I've said for a couple years now that Hodkinson has a terrible kicking game.

He has no plan at all and it looks as if he aims for the back 3 players every single time and hits them with perfect accuracy. He needs to work on his kicking game big time.
That's true BUT he has worked on his game...

He even takes on the line a bit more now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We have turned into the 2012 roosters, using the bomb until something happens game plan....

JulzG

New Pup
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Juliana and this is my first time posting on a thread!...Just wanted to say that there's a part of me hoping that losing last week (and not playing too well) was all planned to come through without injuries as the game didn't mean anything to the dogs, and also maybe to come into the finals as underdogs. We all know how much Des likes to fly under the radar and i kind of think that a lot of people aren't expecting us to even make it past the first week of finals, and I'm hoping the boys are keen to prove everyone wrong.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope your right. .Would love to see the boys make it all the way to the gf. Welcome to the kennel. .

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Juliana and this is my first time posting on a thread!...Just wanted to say that there's a part of me hoping that losing last week (and not playing too well) was all planned to come through without injuries as the game didn't mean anything to the dogs, and also maybe to come into the finals as underdogs. We all know how much Des likes to fly under the radar and i kind of think that a lot of people aren't expecting us to even make it past the first week of finals, and I'm hoping the boys are keen to prove everyone wrong.
Don't sweat it julz. While I dont think losing was deliberate, I think as you say, it was more about coming through without injuries and getting some running in big kas and barbas legs.
It'll be a totally different, much more focused team that plays this weekend.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's true BUT he has worked on his game...

He even takes on the line a bit more now.
Not disagreeing that he hasn't worked on his game. In fact I think his running game has improved big time.

He just now needs work on his kicking game. He's being outplayed by Reynolds in every department... and Reynolds when he first made it into first grade openly admitted his kicking game wasn't one of his strongest assetts to put it lightly.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hokko will come along..maybe not this year but a good off season will serve him well.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hokko will come along..maybe not this year but a good off season will serve him well.
I tend to agree, he will only get better if he stays fit

Status
Not open for further replies.