News Last drinks: The tough conversation Gus Gould needs to have

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avoiding the question because you don't have a rational answer, hey?
Hahaha…your a comedian. Not quite on the same page are we.

Adam Elliott was issued a breach notice by the NRL for bringing the game into disrepute and, ahem…. failing to comply with biosecurity protocols…that was my point, but it appears you like overlooking things from what I gather, glad your not my doctor, lawyer or whatever you call yourself.

Now, go to bed.. your ruining my beauty sleep.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Adam Elliott was issued a breach notice by the NRL for bringing the game into disrepute and, ahem…. failing to comply with biosecurity protocols…that was my point, but it appears you like overlooking things from what I gather, glad your not my doctor, lawyer or whatever you call yourself.

Sorry to intrude on the banter. But wouldn't it be less likely that he'll intrude on your beauty sleep if you go to bed?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Lol we all know he was handed a breach notice. I asked a pretty simple question…. Still waiting for your answer, sir. Get your beauty sleep. Maybe you can think about it with a fresh perspective tomorrow ;)

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How was kissing her a biosecurity risk, when being in the same restaurant was not? Still waiting for someone to explain that. Most people who catch COVID don't catch it while kissing. Close proximity is generally enough. Bio bubble breach, my backside.
He was doing lines in the toilet. Why would he and the club want that to come out? You don’t walk away from a million dollar contract for kissing someone

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was doing lines in the toilet. Why would he and the club want that to come out? You don’t walk away from a million dollar contract for kissing someone
So you are telling us he was following the white line to score ? :confused: :fearscream: :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bullshit..You can’t just convict someone by guesswork. How would the club find out the truth but not the nrl? Do you really think the nrl would cover up for him? Or the club for that matter?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bullshit..You can’t just convict someone by guesswork. How would the club find out the truth but not the nrl? Do you really think the nrl would cover up for him? Or the club for that matter?
Why haven’t you asked Gus when you bumped into him in the supermarket?
People who were there have confirmed my version of events but you continue with your blatant bias of how he was harshly done by. Losing a million dollar contract for a kiss and didn’t even fight for it…

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck knows why you guys arent moving on from this...however GA can you name these "people" :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why haven’t you asked Gus when you bumped into him in the supermarket?
People who were there have confirmed my version of events but you continue with your blatant bias of how he was harshly done by. Losing a million dollar contract for a kiss and didn’t even fight for it…
Ah yes, the old people who were there chestnut. Who do you know who was there? Members of the playing group?

Still doesn't explain why the nrl decided to cover it up, to let Millie off with a slap on the wrist, or to go along with some half cocked story about a bio bubble that doesn't make any sense. Look, I don't discount anything.....a little nose candy is not an unusual thing for NRL players to partake in, I don't think..... . Even if you do have insider mail and it's on the money, the club should have stuck by him.....but unless you can produce evidence, it's all hearsay. I think making allegations without evidence is risky business, tbh.

It's not bias, it's just logic, mate. Even if he really did rack up in there, people are only judging him so harshly because they don't like him. That's a fact.

PS last time i saw Gus at the supermarket he said Elliott being moved on was all the board's doing and he fought it tooth and nail.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have close connections to 3 of our current sponsors/advertisers, none of whom is Laundy Hotels, and they get very good value for their advertising dollars. They know this because they measure it, regularly during the season, in many different ways. They compare it with other forms of advertising, rated on impact versus spend and high visibility NRL advertising ranks very highly. For example the video broadcasters provide detailed analysis of the time spent during a game where each advertisers’ logo is identifiable by the viewers, also why the ratings of each game is important and obviously on what and when it is broadcast. This is how the value of advertising is allocated to each of the locations on the team gear, front of jumper is x dollars, sleeve is y dollars, etc.

For most advertisers corporate entertaining at games and team functions of their clients and suppliers ranks very highly. In non COVID affected seasons it’s most unusual to have any vacancies in the corporate facilities for any of our games. Keeping in mind that advertisers’ clients and suppliers often support our opposition, they don’t have to be Bulldogs supporters to want to come to our games and enjoy the corporate facilities. This is why Stadium Australia is good for our advertisers, the corporate facilities are excellent. Belmore not so much unfortunately, this why our Leagues club is often used by advertisers pre game.

I‘ll conclude on this, many advertisers take advantage of the availability of players, past players and coaching staff to provide motivation and training for their staff. Being in house functions we never really hear much about them but some advertisers rate this highly in their reasons for advertising with us. An example, Josh Jackson is already booked for multiple functions for next year. Never underestimate the attraction of an NRL team member giving out a company’s awards for their staff. One advertiser has our players give out their quarterly bonuses in addition to multiple players attending their annual awards dinner.

Advertisers leverage their connections to our club in many different ways, as it suites their individual businesses, it’s not just logos on jumpers during the game. There is a lot of profitable “business” done in the corporate facilities. That’s why we have a large number of advertisers who don’t have their logo on the gear, they benefit in many other ways. But one thing is common amongst all advertisers, they know the cost and they know the benefits and they measure them against each other before they make their decisions.

Always a Bulldog
And this is the unstoppable reality that Adam Elliott ran into when he decided to lock himself in a toilet with his young lady friend. Money talks. It always comes back to the dollars. The club relies on sponsorship and community goodwill, and those two things are closely related.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah yes, the old people who were there chestnut. Who do you know who was there? Members of the playing group?

Still doesn't explain why the nrl decided to cover it up, to let Millie off with a slap on the wrist, or to go along with some half cocked story about a bio bubble that doesn't make any sense. Look, I don't discount anything.....a little nose candy is not an unusual thing for NRL players to partake in, I don't think..... . Even if you do have insider mail and it's on the money, the club should have stuck by him.....but unless you can produce evidence, it's all hearsay. I think making allegations without evidence is risky business, tbh.

It's not bias, it's just logic, mate. Even if he really did rack up in there, people are only judging him so harshly because they don't like him. That's a fact.

PS last time i saw Gus at the supermarket he said Elliott being moved on was all the board's doing and he fought it tooth and nail.
who knows? Maybe Millie spilled a drink on his shirt.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because he's too cool to be a dad and too loving to be a banker.
Oh & I forgot. Never touch a bank manager's desk without gloves. Most have seen a lot of activity if you know what I am saying. At least they did in the old days. :grinning: