Last Dead Last

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly get our hopes up all summer not that I was too confident, to then end the week worse than Newcastle and the Tigers lol

Remind me what they were doing this off season

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we were by FAR the worst team in the comp which is most disappointing. we are so far off pace it’s actually incredibly laughable. i hope it was just an off day and next week we bounce back

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's the WAY we played not the result that is the red flag. What I'd do for a good fullback and half, let alone some good props. When Max King was your only decent forward that gave a toss there's a huge problem.
The fact Reed stood out so much, and he was great, is because of how poor many of our other players were. We saw it in the trials also, we were getting beaten up and resorted to trying to slow the ruck. I know we're light in the middle but there has to be a fitness issue as well, even though we've heard all off season about how hard they have apparently trained.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
God people need to relax we always start the season slow from memory we've only won once out of the last 5 opening round 1 games

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly get our hopes up all summer not that I was too confident, to then end the week worse than Newcastle and the Tigers lol

Lots of cultural history, sharing of feelings n vulnerabilities, listening to ex players tell them how good they were back in the day. If only they had time to learn to kick off, run straight, count tackles, toughen up. May be that's what they do that this week now that the feelings stuff has been sorted.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact Reed stood out so much, and he was great, is because of how poor many of our other players were. We saw it in the trials also, we were getting beaten up and resorted to trying to slow the ruck. I know we're light in the middle but there has to be a fitness issue as well, even though we've heard all off season about how hard they have apparently trained.
Yeah forgot Reed and I did feel King was our best player but that's a huge issue, You ideally want King to be a solid rotation prop we have him as a starter!

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah forgot Reed and I did feel King was our best player but that's a huge issue, You ideally want King to be a solid rotation prop we have him as a starter!
Sutton did what he could I suppose but he's a long way off being a player who can get us any decent momentum

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
To be fair, our fitness levels have been atrocious for a few years now.

It'll take more than one off-season to fix that mess.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sutton did what he could I suppose but he's a long way off being a player who can get us any decent momentum
Yeah fair. I just feel we missed the trick. Now why didn't we go after Niccolls who has size and a good reason the Dolphins had go forward

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just remember after the belmore game we'll be dead dead last! (Pls let me eat my words)
Fuck this team man

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

It’s ok only round one. roosters always lose there first 2-3 games it’s too early to bag the dogs out also 2012 bulldogs lost there first 3 games and then started a win streak with like 12 wins in a row just have hope everyone