Official Lafai signs for rest of 2020

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't his missus call the cops on him not so long ago for some pretty violent behaviour.
Still no one cares about that for some reason. Dna

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't his missus call the cops on him not so long ago for some pretty violent behaviour.
LOL we on the kennel pick and choose who we back and who we don't. Some might call hypocritical but the kennelers call it .....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope he plays well but tough assignment first up from the cold

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can only hope he's in a good place now and see him a better person and player.
I saw his return to us as a better choice of what we need than the rumoured Josh reynolds comeback.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was having mental issues and punched a wall.

The locker room must be shaking in fear.

In all seriousness, he was suffering from mental illness and got the help he needed. His wife has said on numerous occasions that she and the family were never in fear of him, just for him.

The real danger was that he would harm himself.

The fact he has sought help and is/has recovered is a great thing. Mental illness has destroyed too many people.

He could be a really good role model to younger players as well as having a positive influence on the field.

So to answer your question, NO not concerned in the slightest.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was having mental issues and punched a wall.

The locker room must be shaking in fear.

In all seriousness, he was suffering from mental illness and got the help he needed. His wife has said on numerous occasions that she and the family were never in fear of him, just for him.

The real danger was that he would harm himself.

The fact he has sought help and is/has recovered is a great thing. Mental illness has destroyed too many people.

He could be a really good role model to younger players as well as having a positive influence on the field.

So to answer your question, NO not concerned in the slightest.
Yep I remember that his wife firmly came out and said they were never in trouble and they were concerned for him

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be too much to expect him to have a good game against the eels . I don’t think he has played all year and new to the club , so I imagine defensively he will be a liability short term till he gets combination and trust with his inside and outside defenders

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would it be too much to expect him to have a good game against the eels . I don’t think he has played all year and new to the club , so I imagine defensively he will be a liability short term till he gets combination and trust with his inside and outside defenders
First game back for us, wants a new contract with Barrett and as Bulldogs jr. bred to hate hate the Eels.

I think he is primed!!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He played the full 80 mins in Rounds 1 and 2, 1 try assist, 5 offloads, 3 tackle breaks and averaged just over 100 metres per game.

Go Dogs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tim is keen to get a contract for next season, what does TK consider a pass mark from him in the remainder of the season? 4 or 5 tries? Tackle efficiency 92%+? 6 or 7 try or line break assists? What are we looking for from him in real terms?

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
looks like he slotted in comfortably, good to have some experience in the centers with hoppa out

* good to have a center playing center i mean

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim is keen to get a contract for next season, what does TK consider a pass mark from him in the remainder of the season? 4 or 5 tries? Tackle efficiency 92%+? 6 or 7 try or line break assists? What are we looking for from him in real terms?
Quite rusty to start, I think he was quite good in the second half. Need to see him play more, but if he carries that form from the second half and improves then he will be worth keeping imo.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certainly was a huge upgrade on Montoya or Holland. Where does Hoppa play when he is ready to return? Jake needs to stay in the starting team and I dont like Meaney on the wing. Meany has been solid at FB, more reliable than DWZ . So not sure where Hoppa will fit in?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Certainly was a huge upgrade on Montoya or Holland. Where does Hoppa play when he is ready to return? Jake needs to stay in the starting team and I dont like Meaney on the wing. Meany has been solid at FB, more reliable than DWZ . So not sure where Hoppa will fit in?
Hoppa has to be fullback. He's silky hands and vision create a lot of tries

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hoppa has to be fullback. He's silky hands and vision create a lot of tries
i love hoppa at fullback, depends if meaney keeps improving. lafai cant play wing, not fast enough, so probably jake to wing for montoya.

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just a thought.

But maybe...

1. Meaney
2. Montoya
3. Lafai
4. Hoppa
5. DWZ
6. Averillo
7. Foran

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i love hoppa at fullback, depends if meaney keeps improving. lafai cant play wing, not fast enough, so probably jake to wing for montoya.
There is one other option. Leave Hoppa out all together. Silky hands just dont cut it.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He can sign for close to minimum next year. We need someone as a back up centre. Kinda like dale Copley. These experienced guys are good to plug in when you cop injuries.