Official Lafai signs for rest of 2020

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
im confused, doesnt this mean our squad be 31??

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Two of my mates that are mad Dragons supporters both said he was one of their favourite players last year - was a “beast in defence” was a quote from one.

Admittedly I watched bugger all of their games but it was interesting to hear them talk of him so high!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's only for a year, so be it. I hope they don't get fooled into re-signing him like DWZ... Averillo has to be there regardless. If this keeps him out of the starting team, I'd be furious.

If Holland, Montoya or Crichton are named ahead of Averillo then they're all fucked in the head..The backline named tomorrow should be:

1: Meaney
2: DWZ
3: Averillo
4: Lafai
5: Smith
Agree, and then when Hopoate is back he can replace Meaney

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When is the Bulldogs v Warriors game?

We'll play Warriors back into form / snap their losing streak - just like we did when we got smashed by Broncos who were on a 5 or 6 game losing streak.
Oh yeah we played the broncs back to form for sure

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Up until his final season with us Lafai had a knack for finding a big play in important games. As mentioned by others he lost his pace and dropped off in form in his final year.

I don't think he's going to be in the team forever. Bringing in Cotric and potentially having Schoup ready to step up means he's got the rest of the season to prove to any club that he's worth a top 30 spot. So he won't be resting on his laurels. Hopefully he triggers some fond memories and adds something to our attack. I know his defence is still pretty good. So if we can at least rely on him to solidify one edge we're going to appreciate him.

I've personally stuck up for Holland many times. He's okin attack, but just hasn't learner to trust his inside Mento drifting defence and he creates a lot of gaps on his edge. Montoya has been solid overall for a few years. But just doesn't seem to offer much more than as a link in attack.

I tend to support our players anytime they're selected. But I really think Lafai on a one year deal can be an astute signing.

Reactions: DT

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo is NOT A FUCKING CENTRE.

He's our best back so should be put in a playmaking role.
Agreed, but he wont be because it will be Foran/Lewis so Avo in the centres and Meaney at 1 as he earnt it last week.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does your name have a decent fend? Offload? Sign her up I say
Not sure about a fend, but a good back hand
Offloads some good baked goods
But I’m sure could catch a fucking ball and not spill it straight to Corey Norman

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
True. Lafai was playing some pretty good footy last year. If he can get back to that form it may well be a good purchase.
Yeah I wasn’t sold on this signing to start with but he’s a better defender than the other two combined and if it helps us avoid the spoon I am all for it

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news, I think his best footy is behind him but in saying that he’s better than any centre at out club right now