Reaction score
In the second half he found his timing/range and played well

Instrumental in the lead up to Averillo try

Quick feet at the line and late offloading is great

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Youre an idiot.
So you think using the slowest player we have and who cant defend is good policy.
I would prefer someone with speed, who doesnt miss tackles, and is a good link man. It sure aint Hoppa.
I know who the idiot is.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since when does Lafai kick?
Little wonder he didn't make the Dragons first grade side.
Bring back Holland, at least he is safe and can convert.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So you think using the slowest player we have and who cant defend is good policy.
I would prefer someone with speed, who doesnt miss tackles, and is a good link man. It sure aint Hoppa.
I know who the idiot is.
Seriously you are the idiot!!!
Hoppa can't tackle? Did you see Averillo & Smith today? Because there were some good examples of people not tackling.
Do us all a favour and don't comment on Hopoate anymore.
Why you don't like the guy can't have ANYTHING to do with his football skill & ability.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never understood signing Lafai even short term. Giving Harper a chance wouldn't have been worse and saved the hassle or releasing him early and signing Lafai..

He was ordinary again today and was responsible defensively for two or three of those tries. It's the same issues he's always had and why he couldn't get a run at Saints.

Hopefully when Hoppa and Averillo are back, Lafai and Holland aren't in the team. If DWZ can get dropped, then surely Lafai has to.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understood signing Lafai even short term. Giving Harper a chance wouldn't have been worse and saved the hassle or releasing him early and signing Lafai..

He was ordinary again today and was responsible defensively for two or three of those tries. It's the same issues he's always had and why he couldn't get a run at Saints.

Hopefully when Hoppa and Averillo are back, Lafai and Holland aren't in the team. If DWZ can get dropped, then surely Lafai has to.
Spot on. Surely even Schoup should have been given a chance before Lafai. Some of the recruitment decisions the club has made over the last 3 years have been mind boggling and this one is right up there. I cant imagine Barrett had anything to do with this bone headed one...and for what, all in a bid to avoid the spoon because if we finish 15th and overachieve then its been a great season. FMD

If we manage to sign Gildart then Lafai wont be here next year (Finchie is stating its down to us and the warriors)

You look at teams like the Panthers who always seem to give the young kids a go but not us for some reason

bulldogs2015

Waterboy
Reaction score
Spot on. Surely even Schoup should have been given a chance before Lafai. Some of the recruitment decisions the club has made over the last 3 years have been mind boggling and this one is right up there. I cant imagine Barrett had anything to do with this bone headed one...and for what, all in a bid to avoid the spoon because if we finish 15th and overachieve then its been a great season. FMD

If we manage to sign Gildart then Lafai wont be here next year (Finchie is stating its down to us and the warriors)

You look at teams like the Panthers who always seem to give the young kids a go but not us for some reason
That schoup guy is not in the top squad and don't you have to be a certain age to play 1st grade

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucken how slow is he now lol. Hes never been the quickest bloke, especially after he turned himself into the hulk. At this stage he would be lucky to have Montoya covered.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping Lafai would find 2014 form with us...

but its been an underwhelming start. With lots of errors. But that's what happens to someone that hasnt played for a while i guess. Maybe picks it up but more next few games.

Still think he should be re signed as a mentor and reliable centre. Given shows some form remaining games.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lafai cost us the game with that stupid fuckin play from marker.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been extremely disappointing... The good news is he's not signed for next year..

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His only saving grace is he knows how to be a centre. I'm certain half of his errors wouldn't occur if he has formidable company.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His only saving grace is he knows how to be a centre. I'm certain half of his errors wouldn't occur if he has formidable company.
Him and his mate next to him let in all the points.

Guy is finished. Pack it up. Thank you linesmen thank you ball boys. Only saving grace is hopefully when hoppa is back. And zelezniak returns we will never see Montoya or holland in the 22 ever again. Apart from that guy is done and dusted. Never was brilliant but really regressed At saints.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't need him.
I just can't believe we didn't bring in Schoupp. Aussie under 18s centre.

lafai is slow, has mental issues and is old.
I told you all a month ago he would be a dud and most agreed but some made him out to be an angel who was on the wrong path.

If he can't make the dragons 17, why would you think he's a good player?
Curtis Rona is better than Lafai but fuck me why can't the kennel understand that those guysonly looked good back in the day because the forwards and halves did their job and put them into space.

Lafai was never a gun. Safe barely first grade centre at best in his day. Could complete a move and hold his own in defence and that's all.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
All due respect to lafai he is past it and is in the plodder scrapheap. We need another big body in the centres.