Official Lafai signs for rest of 2020

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. If you say so, but I can assure you there's a lot happening with Lafai that isn't injury-related.
Yeah I remember he had issues during the break with his mental health. But if he’s still got issues why did the club sign him? I would of thought he’ll slot straight into the 17 next week.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I remember he had issues during the break with his mental health. But if he’s still got issues why did the club sign him? I would of thought he’ll slot straight into the 17 next week.
He’s in a good space now. Should be alright for next week and I reckon he’ll play as there is no Reggie’s there would be nothing for a new signing to do especially if they are only on a short contract. Holland was ok in patches but generally struggled pretty bad defensively as he did last week too.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s in a good space now. Should be alright for next week and I reckon he’ll play as there is no Reggie’s there would be nothing for a new signing to do especially if they are only on a short contract. Holland was ok in patches but generally struggled pretty bad defensively as he did last week too.
Yeah I would of thought he’d be in a good head space now. Be good to see him get a run next week instead of Holland.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At some point this year, we'll have 2 centres in the side - Hoppa, Lafai , who are genuine centres who can pass and tackle . With a wide choice of good wingers, we should be able to score some points.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At some point this year, we'll have 2 centres in the side - Hoppa, Lafai , who are genuine centres who can pass and tackle . With a wide choice of good wingers, we should be able to score some points.
Good point. But I don’t think Smith is going to cut it unfortunately. He doesn’t inject himself enough. And Hoppa is to good to leave out but Meaney is growing in confidence at the back. So would leave him there at this stage. Admittedly he’s only been back there for two games and anything can change. For me DWZ is one winger. Hoppa a center. Lafai or Holland to choose for the other center. And One winger possibly at this stage Montoya. One surprise packet for me Kota needs to come off bench. As adds enthusiasm and his defence is good. Got under Klem nose yesterday was good to see

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking forward to having Lafai in the team. He may not be in great form but at least he can draw in his opposite and setup his winger...... Has more centre IQ than Holland, Montoya and Smith put together..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I heard a rumour the dragons are paying some of the freight. Either way, with the mid-season transfer cutoff days away, not many players available and an opportunity to immediately strengthen a weak area I don’t have an issue with it

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking oath, my man Lafai .. he is our player, this is his home ,and it’s quite a nice story his return, also Moey.. his bulldogs highlights are even more impressive, he wasn’t a good player, he was fucking top quality, his tires were sensational an solo efforts, long range.. turning players inside out to score + power an pace. He did have it all, when he left I was gutted.!! He will love being back, and he will start playing some of his best footy again.

Even in 18-19 his skills were still silky smooth. Fuck knows the hate. He’s more quality than what we have.!!

love him, welcome home son.. another true bulldog.!!!

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen much of Lafai since he left the Dogs.

His ability in attack has never been in question. His defensive reads when he was with us were poor. Hope he has improved with his time at the Steelers.

But then again Montoyas and Smiths defensive reads have not been any better so I guess if we have to have a weak defensive centre we may as well enjoy one who is an attacking weapon.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Scoooby, post: 3799620, member: 24953"
He’s more quality than what we have.!!

Thats true, sadly. But Cotric will be really good.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Defence issues aside, at least Lafai when he is on song, csn score from nothing, can setup our wingers for a try out of nothing. Currently our centres csnt do that except for averillo. Adds that little bit extra something we are missing.

Always had a soft spot for him. I still csnt forget that game against Souths in his first year when he ran over Inglis i think and ran 90m to score..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The recruitment of Lafai is a sad reflection of where we are at the moment.
He was very poor when here last time and has gradually got worse.
I know we are desperate, and desperate people do desperate things.
I just hope he gets his game together.
Just watching the highlights reminds me of how well he's able to set up the players around him with a strong passing game and good awareness of his support runners. Pre judge his signing if you want. But keep an open mind because if he fires for us he can provide opportunities for the players on either side of him. I'm really excited to have him back. If it's just for the rest of the year so be it. We aren't stacked for centre talent right now and he'll definitely add a touch of quality. If he earns an extension for next year it's because he'll have shown enough quality to justify it.