Lafai injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lafia has been useless since he got on the juice.

Seriously since he bilked up he has lost his step and is injury prone.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
i'm sure most players wouldn't be that great after having all of josh papalii crush their shoulder while already upright, so there is not any room to brace or give with the aforementioned hit

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Lafai is injured:

1. Perrett
2. Rona
3. Morris
4. Loko
5. Thompson

then when BMozzle is back

1. B Morris
2. Rona
3. J Morris
4. Loko
5. Perrett/Thompson

There is no reason to push Mbye back to the centres anymore.

and Hodko can play at LEFT RIGHT OUT or NSW Cup, to tutor our NSW Cup halves on what not to do in a game.
Have you been watching Loko play NSW Cup? I haven't seen him play one game (Eels or Dogs). Desperate to see if he lives up to the hype.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lafia has been useless since he got on the juice.

Seriously since he bilked up he has lost his step and is injury prone.
He was injury prone way before he put on size, He did his shoulder early in 2011, Pretty sure he cameback and it popped out again v souths too in a game where barba won it for us with a try saver in 2012.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone has there own opinions, does not make them right or wrong.

What makes you so special playing the Mr.Know it all over everyone else
Everyone has the right to an opinion but people saying that Des Hasler had no idea, are looney tunes. I disagree with some selections, but I still think des must have SOME idea as he has one of the best coaching records of the modern era.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was injury prone way before he put on size, He did his shoulder early in 2011, Pretty sure he cameback and it popped out again v souths too in a game where barba won it for us with a try saver in 2012.
Well what's the long term fix ?

A full blown shoulder reconstruction ?

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has there own opinions, does not make them right or wrong.

What makes you so special playing the Mr.Know it all over everyone else

I don't claim to know everything bud, far from it, but what I do know is that neither you, nor me, nor anyone on this forum has 5% of the knowledge, intelligence or experience of our coach.

I don't agree with everything he does and at times truly hate the style of football we try to play, but for the minority of people on here that are genuine when they say "sack Des", I wonder how quickly they'll be changing the 'a' for a 'u' once we get our full complement back and our systems start working they way they're supposed to.

In the last few years, when we've had our full squad available, and the big games rolled around, we've won many more than we've lost. The same boring football has been responsible for some very memorable wins against Souths, the Roosters and Manly in recent years.

I think our squad is the best it's been by far under Des and have every confidence, despite my frustrations, that once our full team is on the park we'll start dominating teams again.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully the injury isnt too bad. I feel for the bloke.

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dont know how accurate nrl.com is but they have lafai out until round 13.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That'd be the original injury you'd think.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im a little concerned with the number of injury prone players we have currently. Even some of the better players are that. Stanley, Both Morrises, Lafai, Kasiano, all injury prone.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I certainly would like to know more about what is going on with Lafai but mainly because he is an outstanding centre. I would definitely like him back into position asap. Its no accident that we score on the right side. When he and Perrett are both in their correct positions we have one of the best right sides in the comp.

On other matters. Hodkinson is the current SOO half. That means many of the best judges in football back his ability. I certainly think he has been "off the boil" this year but that had a lot to do with the turmoil in players around him. As more of them come back I think we will start to see his best. Mbye is a great utility and the club clearly sees that and he will find his place.

As far as I know Hodko is not yet re-signed for 2016 which means he either starts to shine or Mbye will get his spot. I have confidence our club will make the right choices.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone has the right to an opinion but people saying that Des Hasler had no idea, are looney tunes. I disagree with some selections, but I still think des must have SOME idea as he has one of the best coaching records of the modern era.
You're wrong mate he has no idea and those 5 GFs in 8 years was all a fluke, even his 10 straight years of finals footy is a fluke. He needs to start coming on the Kennel to sharpen his coaching skills. LOL

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let's hope neither are hurt and back next week or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.