Lachlan Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought.... Could Lewis slot in at Lock but play as a third half?

He's 188cm so same height as Eastwood and Tolman. Lacks size though at only 90 kgs.
In todays game it may be a pretty astute option, more so in the back end of each half perhaps.... so long as he can cope defensively.

Like others have said, it's early days for him yet and the majority of us haven't really had a chance to get a really good look at him... he does at first glance look like a natural though.

Last edited:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought.... Could Lewis slot in at Lock but play as a third half?

He's 188cm so same height as Eastwood and Tolman. Lacks size though at only 90 kgs.
I agree. Grimaldi wasnt heavy when playing but i think lewis would have to get tough and prepare for week to week grind.
Lachie Burr will hopefully get a run in first grade, has been running with intent

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. Grimaldi wasnt heavy when playing but i think lewis would have to get tough and prepare for week to week grind.
Lachie Burr will hopefully get a run in first grade, has been running with intent
I still think Elliot is our best long term option at lock.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Lewis will NRL debut this year but at another club as Pay doesn’t rate him

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think Lewis is in the top 30 anyway so he won’t be debuting unless every other **** breaks down.

Ransom

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don’t think Lewis is in the top 30 anyway so he won’t be debuting unless every other **** breaks down.
Looks like he is in the top 30 going by the website. That is if the website is correct, but it looks like it has been updated.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis looked busy and demanded the football whilst showing good control and vision, particularly in instances he went into the halves which should make us fans very excited about his potential.

The cherry on top for me was his relentless commitment which is the fabric of being a Bulldog and his technique+application in defence was exceptional.

The bonus is he’s not a small body, he’s got good size and will only fill out. Has decent speed too.

In my opinion, I’d like to see Lewis and Foran as our starting halves, I think JMK and Brown showed plenty also, Cleeland and Frawley we’re behind those guys in the early auditions, again, purely my perspective, but it’s a long season so who will stand up and 1) complement Foran and/or 2) has the natural ability to stamp their own name and not just be Foran’s sidekick... I think Lewis can complement and stamp his own name.
Iv'e been calling the kid out for years... He hasn't changed his game and is only getting better as he gets older and at 22 he looks like his another ballzy and classy Queensland half.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Highlights Reel shows:

TRY 1 - Lewis > Martin
TRY 2 - Cleeland > Carr
TRY 3 - Brown
TRY 4 - Lewis > Holland > tapped on to Bergamin
TRY 5 - Holland > Bergamin.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highlights Reel shows:

TRY 1 - Lewis > Martin
TRY 2 - Cleeland > Carr
TRY 3 - Brown
TRY 4 - Lewis > Holland > tapped on to Bergamin
TRY 5 - Holland > Bergamin.
2 try assists? Holland to the halves!

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think maybe the pecking order for halves has changed in Pays eyes.

Foran then Frawley, JMK then Lewis. with Cleeland and brown fighting out for last spot.

Think Cleeland has missed his Window with Dogs, Brown now seen only as DH option.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think if Frawley was to get injured then we could see him replaced with JMK and Brown on the bench because he can cover dummy half, then next season we have Cogger in there as well so I’ll be very surprised if Lewis gets any game time with us ever.

brucey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So do we call him the 'prince'??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think if Frawley was to get injured then we could see him replaced with JMK and Brown on the bench because he can cover dummy half, then next season we have Cogger in there as well so I’ll be very surprised if Lewis gets any game time with us ever.
Lewis might be looked at for another role... and Cogger won't walk straight in (like Brown assumed he would).

Places are now earned, and if Frawley doesnt perform we could see JMK promoted and Lewis on bench.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SO without seeing either of them in action. Who's best fit for our club in the long run. JMK or Lewis? Or both in the 17.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In all honesty I think at end of this season we will release Cleeland and Frawley (unless either one fires). That'll give Lewis and Cogger Top 30 chances.

The fact we just upgraded JMKs contract suggests he's a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.