Lachlan Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s agree to disagree
If Lewis was better Than Cleeland than Lewis would’ve started in the 6 tonight and Lewis would’ve got to play in the second half last week
On yesterdays effort he was better than Cleeland. Not talking about past games right now only what we watched last night. If Cleeland wasn't so old I would say he's earnt he's start, I'm more interested in starting a young as possible player so we can build our own Cronk or Thurston again coming up with Foran which I'm sure the majority agree. We're only a few years away from when we'll see an entire generation of superstars retire and the new one's start coming in, let's create our own superstar which shows the raw talent.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On yesterdays effort he was better than Cleeland. Not talking about past games right now only what we watched last night. If Cleeland wasn't so old I would say he's earnt he's start, I'm more interested in starting a young as possible player so we can build our own Cronk or Thurston again coming up with Foran which I'm sure the majority agree. We're only a few years away from when we'll see an entire generation of superstars retire and the new one's start coming in, let's create our own superstar which shows the raw talent.
[/QUOTE]
You are saying that Lewis deserves the five eighth spot ahead of Cleeland based on last nights trial game.....how many times did Cleeland get the ball in his hands compared to Lewis? In both trial games Cleeland hardly got any ball....usually he received it on the last tackle when he had to kick it.....so frustrated that he didn't get the ball in his hands enough.....i know its a big step from nsw cup to nrl but I honestly believe he has alot of ability....he just needs to be given an opportunity....he would compliment Foran very well with his running game and he also has the ability to put others through a gap, has a great kicking game and his defence is underrated.......he also has so much pace...he puts the defenders in 2 minds...great step as well....we haven't had a half back like him in ages....I hope Pay gives this kid a go....don't judge him by his age...judge him on his performances....lets see him go in ist grade...he just needs someone who believes in him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Both got a lot of ball, but Cleeland didn't do as much with it when he had it.

Cleeland played the entire game in the halves. Lewis went between halves and centre, and being benched.

Went:
Cleeland and JMK with Brown at hooker.
Cleeland and Lewis with JMK at hooker.

All four offer something different:
JMK - solid allrounder who can play halves, hooker and fullback. Reads play very well.
Lewis - halves only really, ball runner but dangerous kicking game and a smart player.
Cleeland - halves only. More your old school halves player. Prefers to ball run and can kick.
Brown - halves and hooker. I believe he is better at hookre but will be rocks or diamonds like Inu.

Lewis and Cleeland are most alike.
JMK and Brown are both very similar.

Tough call really.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone with authority here fond my posts from early last yr when i said Lewis is a future half at the dogs?

How about the one when i said im not to worried about reynolds leaving because we have a kid called lewis whose pedigree and attitude will make everyone forget about Reynolds..
Lol don’t count your chickens.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the game .. we looked much better with lewis at 7.. this kid is really good.. great defence too
Put some good tackles on was impressive when he went to 7 has showed more than the others him and king should be in line to partner Foran

Can’t see Frawley making it

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Cleeland played the entire game in the halves. Lewis went between halves and centre, and being benched.

Went:

JMK - solid allrounder who can play halves, hooker and fullback. Reads play very well.
Lewis - halves only really, ball runner but dangerous kicking game and a smart player.
Cleeland - halves only. More your old school halves player. Prefers to ball run and can kick.
Brown - halves and hooker. I believe he is better at hookre but will be rocks or diamonds like Inu.

Tough call really.

Cleeland - Deserves a few games but wouldn't waste to much time on him.
Brown - Meh I think we have all already seen the best... You hit the nail on the head with Inu but then again Inu could atleast win you games.
JMK - Would be my utility if anything.
Lewis - 22 and worth investing in more than anyone on that list, case closed.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are saying that Lewis deserves the five eighth spot ahead of Cleeland based on last nights trial game.....how many times did Cleeland get the ball in his hands compared to Lewis? In both trial games Cleeland hardly got any ball....usually he received it on the last tackle when he had to kick it.....so frustrated that he didn't get the ball in his hands enough.....i know its a big step from nsw cup to nrl but I honestly believe he has alot of ability....he just needs to be given an opportunity....he would compliment Foran very well with his running game and he also has the ability to put others through a gap, has a great kicking game and his defence is underrated.......he also has so much pace...he puts the defenders in 2 minds...great step as well....we haven't had a half back like him in ages....I hope Pay gives this kid a go....don't judge him by his age...judge him on his performances....lets see him go in ist grade...he just needs someone who believes in him[/QUOTE]

100% agree
Cleeland natural footy ability and off the cuff play would compliment foz and balance the halves out
Plus Foran is a natural left edge player , Cleeland right
Cleeland is a running 5/8
Foran can organise the team with a new lichaa
Some people have blown their load over Lewis wayyyyyy to early
I’m not saying his shit or not going to be fg material so settle down Lewis fan girls, but at the moment I believe Cleeland deserves and has earns his chance in fg

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Went:

Tough call really.
Marshall king is no fullback nor will he ever play fb at the dogs
Where did this shit idea come from
He was bought as a hooker/lock initially yet has silky hands hence alternating between halves and hooker

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember last year when everyone was blowing a load after Frawley went alright in the trial against the Storm. I don’t rate Frawley at all but Pay has made the right calls so far so let’s see how it goes.

It’s great that we have some halves putting on pressure so let’s see if the can bang the door down with sustained good form and give Pay no other option but to pick them.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JMK should be our 14. going off trial form
And L.Lewis should be next in line after Frawley. Does anybody know how long Lewis is signed for ?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Marshall king is no fullback nor will he ever play fb at the dogs
Where did this shit idea come from
He was bought as a hooker/lock initially yet has silky hands hence alternating between halves and hooker
JMK played his junior football (like Mbye) in the #1 jersey.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis looked busy and demanded the football whilst showing good control and vision, particularly in instances he went into the halves which should make us fans very excited about his potential.

The cherry on top for me was his relentless commitment which is the fabric of being a Bulldog and his technique+application in defence was exceptional.

The bonus is he’s not a small body, he’s got good size and will only fill out. Has decent speed too.

In my opinion, I’d like to see Lewis and Foran as our starting halves, I think JMK and Brown showed plenty also, Cleeland and Frawley we’re behind those guys in the early auditions, again, purely my perspective, but it’s a long season so who will stand up and 1) complement Foran and/or 2) has the natural ability to stamp their own name and not just be Foran’s sidekick... I think Lewis can complement and stamp his own name.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My opinion is lichha and brown will be a good combo at hooker with brown providing headaches when liccha has a spell,i think either lewis/jmk will replace frawley ,im just not sold on cleland reminds me of jr alot and went missing bigtime in the reggies finals last year not a good sign for a half,in any case we finally have competition in the halves

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My opinion is lichha and brown will be a good combo at hooker with brown providing headaches when liccha has a spell,i think either lewis/jmk will replace frawley ,im just not sold on cleland reminds me of jr alot and went missing bigtime in the reggies finals last year not a good sign for a half,in any case we finally have competition in the halves
I think the plan is for Lichaa to play 80.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thought.... Could Lewis slot in at Lock but play as a third half?

He's 188cm so same height as Eastwood and Tolman. Lacks size though at only 90 kgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.