Lachlan Lewis in swap deal with Addo Carr

Is swapping Lewis with Addo-Carr a good swap?

• Yes

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 51.4%
  • This is too much pressure. AHH!!

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We would have to resign foran for 1 more year, very lean in the halves if true.
I agree we’d be lean but would rather sign a half who isn’t injured the whole season

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis defence is pretty good
Yeah it is, but that’s his only attribute. Needs to bring more to the table. Too pedestrian to be in the halves. Also can’t organise. More faults than positives so I say it’ll be a great swap with a proven point scorer with blistering speed

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So was Cooper cronk when he first started as a manufactured half.
Given time Lewis will play rep footy, as cronk says get your defence set first then go from there...Lewis has a good grubber which gets repeat sets something we have been crying out for since the des days when we would just run on the last
Oh he can also kick winning field goals from over 40 m out..
Yeah it is, but that’s his only attribute. Needs to bring more to the table. Too pedestrian to be in the halves. Also can’t organise. More faults than positives so I say it’ll be a great swap with a proven point scorer with blistering speed

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm with you take cogger and we can give them Elliott as well, 2 for 1.
Bargain for storm
The only problem there being Storm probably don’t want either of them...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well what we are really used to is something like Lewis going to the storm and we get nothing in return
Well that would be the best swap We’ve done in a while.. if true I’m happy.!! :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Given time Lewis will play rep footy, as cronk says get your defence set first then go from there...Lewis has a good grubber which gets repeat sets something we have been crying out for since the des days when we would just run on the last
Na, Mbye is better. Already played rep footy.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can you imagine the meltdown on the Kennel if the swap happens and Bellyache turns Lachie into a rep player? ‘Why did we ever let him go??’ ‘Board a joke!’ ‘Sack everyone!’ Sigh...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We run the risk of giving them someone (lewis) who could become an international down the track.
This kid shows no fear, and we are light enough as it is in the halves right now.
Not good timing with foran injury.
Besides they want bulldogs DNA well Lewis leads by his defence "dogs of war and siege mentality.
The only problem there being Storm probably don’t want either of them...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We run the risk of giving them someone (lewis) who could become an international down the track.
This kid shows no fear, and we are light enough as it is in the halves right now.
Not good timing with foran injury.
Besides they want bulldogs DNA well Lewis leads by his defence "dogs of war and siege mentality.
Not disagreeing with you, just saying I doubt Storm would take Cogger and Elliott for Addo-Carr...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odds on
Can you imagine the meltdown on the Kennel if the swap happens and Bellyache turns Lachie into a rep player? ‘Why did we ever let him go??’ ‘Board a joke!’ ‘Sack everyone!’ Sigh...

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronk was a quick half for starters. Plus he was in a system where you had Slater and Smith at their prime. But he had a great footy IQ as well. Lewis doesn’t seem to have any of them traits atm. It’s a no brainer from me. As long as it doesn’t break the bank of course. Then that’s a diff story.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time will tell
Cronk was a quick half for starters. Plus he was in a system where you had Slater and Smith at their prime. But he had a great footy IQ as well. Lewis doesn’t seem to have any of them traits atm. It’s a no brainer from me. As long as it doesn’t break the bank of course. Then that’s a diff story.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It really depends how the Fox turns out for us... if he gives us that bit extra like DWZ did then it’s a great swap. One thing it would do is all but guarantee Wakeham a more permanent opportunity.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As I mentioned in the rumours thread Bellamy signed some average playmakers in the past including Ben Roberts so it's not that far fetched.
I liked Ben Roberts... For all his flaws not many players had a grubber as good as his when he was on.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It really depends how the Fox turns out for us... if he gives us that bit extra like DWZ did then it’s a great swap. One thing it would do is all but guarantee Wakeham a more permanent opportunity.
Yes, assuming he gets ball, which is what Reimis didn’t get last year. If JAC comes, Reimis may play centre. If the club are offering up Lachie to swap, that might also say something about Foran’s recovery and he’s on the field from Round 13 once we’ve pocketed our $350k.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree storm struggle to go to another level in finals without a half taking control. Perhaps if they get Lewis and Leilua they might be banking on the unorthodox style of play lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes, assuming he gets ball, which is what Reimis didn’t get last year. If JAC comes, Reimis may play centre. If the club are offering up Lachie to swap, that might also say something about Foran’s recovery and he’s on the field from Round 13 once we’ve pocketed our $350k.
Remis didn't get ball because the ball generally went to Lewis on the left who wasted plenty of opportunities. I'll see it as a win so long as Wakeham starts and gets the experience he needs