Official Lachlan Lewis extends his contract with the Bulldogs until the end of 2021

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't think it's over. Next email might say

Fan Favourites Resign

Skilful Bulldogs legend Kerrod Holland. Meter eater, ball playing beast Adam Elliot and Fijian international Montoya have been extended on rich 4 year deals. Dean Pay believes Origin is on the horizon for these top notch players.
:fearscream::cry::sob:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
... and then we're also forgetting second year syndrome in an overall shit squad not helping him out at all. What did people expect?

His halves partner in Foran was no fucking help at all for him. People here should be more pissed at million dollar man rather than a kid having a go that's played all of 20 games or so.
He also came into grade receiving slow lolly pop passes from Lichaa, playing behind guys like Elliott getting rolled on there back. This cuts down any halves time. Hoping next season the entire team improves and Lachie can play on the front foot for a change and we can see if he has what it takes

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm happy that we extended his contract. He didn't seem as exciting in attack as his few games in 2018 promised. But he's a decent option and if he's not able to cement a spot as a first choice half I think he's going to find a place somewhere in the squad.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I want to go with a genuine half, someone that can actually run a ball, ball play and manage a game. We can't keep holding onto blokes that haven't kicked on for the sake of experience.
I’d love that too. Would you rather Lewis or Josh Reynolds?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree, fucking waste of $$$ oh but he has Bulldogs DNA and he is such a great defender.
People forget he is a half and can’t do anything but tackle. Well done Bulldogs management ... retards
Superman, change your handle to Google - since you know everything. I guess you’re joining Brady’s board ticket then? See you on Election day, can’t wait for your riveting pitch.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ah well done, good signing Doggies. loyalty maybe coming back to dogs. No hype.
Just get it done. Lewis loves the club
No harm in signing him but
He is not our half solution never was never will be
We should be showing loyalty to our local juniors Wakeham and Averillo

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Superman, change your handle to Google - since you know everything. I guess you’re joining Brady’s board ticket then? See you on Election day, can’t wait for your riveting pitch.
Don’t need a pitch.. just do what Abbott did to win the election and not say anything because the mob in charge are digging their own graves aye

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really excited but since he's already at the club and does show some potential maybe it's not such a bad idea since there isn't really anyone better out there to sign..... I still remember being frustrated in a couple of games last year where we had a tonne of possession but couldn't score any points because of his lack of creativity......doesn't have many tricks up his sleeve except a cut out pass..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t need a pitch.. just do what Abbott did to win the election and not say anything because the mob in charge are digging their own graves aye
I’m relieved to hear you have no plan to stand.
The club will survive.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He also came into grade receiving slow lolly pop passes from Lichaa, playing behind guys like Elliott getting rolled on there back. This cuts down any halves time. Hoping next season the entire team improves and Lachie can play on the front foot for a change and we can see if he has what it takes
Nah Lewis has all the time in the world and still throws rank passes... Kids a 5/10 atm... The 5 is for defence and 0 for attacking nous

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just don't understand the rush to add another year to his deal when he wasnt off contract this year anyway?

All it does is tie up another years salary, leaving less cap space for the future for a player who so far has proven to be nothing more than a poor man's Hodkinson. Which isn't too exciting and tough to endure after five years of Hodkinson and Desball.

What's wrong with waiting and seeing how he performs this year and seeing if he's refined his skills and develops a running game or not?

If he or Cogger don't improve this season with Foran out of the picture, then neither should be kept long term and Wakeham should be given an extended run.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, fucking waste of $$$ oh but he has Bulldogs DNA and he is such a great defender.
People forget he is a half and can’t do anything but tackle. Well done Bulldogs management ... retards
Hes young and learning his trade. He tries things. Hes a better player than Cooper Cronk was at the same age. The off season with more focus on his attack, and now he can sit up and see Foran is out for half the season he and Cogger will revel in the challenge of being the incumbent halves. Look to have Lewis taking the line on more himself, Cogger already better than him at that, and working on his pace. He can pass both ways and has good instincts. Then defensively on the edges he inspires his teammates. Good extension.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just don't understand the rush to add another year to his deal when he wasnt off contract this year anyway?

All it does is tie up another years salary, leaving less cap space for the future for a player who so far has proven to be nothing more than a poor man's Hodkinson. Which isn't too exciting and tough to endure after five years of Hodkinson and Desball.

What's wrong with waiting and seeing how he performs this year and seeing if he's refined his skills and develops a running game or not?

If he or Cogger don't improve this season with Foran out of the picture, then neither should be kept long term and Wakeham should be given an extended run.
I agree we should have waited. Peak Hodko was great though very underappreciated, I have high hopes for Cogger I think he can easily surpass what Hodko offered minus the field goals and goal kicking prowess

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
F yeah! We have four members now... or was it five... I've lost count :tearsofjoy: .

I love Lewis btw.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree we should have waited. Peak Hodko was great though very underappreciated, I have high hopes for Cogger I think he can easily surpass what Hodko offered minus the field goals and goal kicking prowess
Hodkinson made my boy Reynolds a much better player. They complemented each other so well... I wasn't around TheKennel during those days. From what I've heard Reynolds and Hodkinson were very underappreciated...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hodkinson made my boy Reynolds a much better player. They complemented each other so well... I wasn't around TheKennel during those days. From what I've heard Reynolds and Hodkinson were very underappreciated...
Had Hodko not been injured in 2015 I reckon we could have made the GF

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For what we paid for him I’m happy with the re-signing
He has tonnes of potential but needs the right tutelage

Banned
Reaction score
Yessss Lachyyy
Nooo Lachyyy, Nooooooooooo!

Don't think it's over. Next email might say

Fan Favourites Resign

Skilful Bulldogs legend Kerrod Holland. Meter eater, ball playing beast Adam Elliot and Fijian international Montoya have been extended on rich 4 year deals. Dean Pay believes Origin is on the horizon for these top notch players.
NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Pls, I'll be good!

We need foran and shifty spending all pre season with lewis helping him with his attack
At the current rate of attacking improvement, they would all have to spend 24/7 together as bunk buddies too!