Lachlan Coote For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Plenty of clubs are chasing fullbacks – and the talented Lachlan Coote could be a surprise contender for a new club.

Cowboy Coote, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in the Auckland Nines last February, has also had an attack of homesickness.

The talented fullback left the Penrith Panthers at the start of 2014 to head north and had a nightmare season – missing the entire year.

To make his plight worse, then halfback Michael Morgan slotted into his fullback role and proved one of the most improved players of 2014. His emergence means the Cowboys may release Coote if the likes of the Bulldogs or Raiders come calling.

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/cowboys-fullback-for-sale-15549/

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This could be the answer to our fullback problem. Sign Lachlan Coote and play brett morris on the wing next to his brother Josh with Curtis Rona on the other wing outside lafai.

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good player but huge risk as far as his injuries go... Was looking the goods again early this season until his latest injury

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good player but huge risk as far as his injuries go... Was looking the goods again early this season until his latest injury
Look at tedesco from tigers, he has bounced back from serious knee injuries. I think Coote is worth the risk. With a full pre-season under his belt he could form some great combinations if he came to the dogs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i hope we sign him, he is actually a fullback and a pretty decent one at that. It would be a slight risk due to his injury problems but for the right price i think it is well worth it.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is a guy already at the club who is or can be better than coote by the end of the offseason, his name is corey thompson. No thanks to coote for me. If bmoz isnt playing fb id go with corey at this stage. However word out of belmore is that bmoz will definitely play fb!

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is a guy already at the club who is or can be better than coote by the end of the offseason, his name is corey thompson. No thanks to coote for me. If bmoz isnt playing fb id go with corey at this stage. However word out of belmore is that bmoz will definitely play fb!
Corey thompson would be a good fullback. He is fast and strong, good under the high ball, has a good running game. But in saying that if we dont sign lachlan coote i would rather play brett morris at fullback. Brett is taller, faster, stronger, better under the high ball with a much better running game. Corey thompson doesnt cut it for me as first grade fullback. Brett morris would add a new dimension to our attack.

But I honestly wouldnt mind seeing lachlan coote at the dogs playing fullback next season. Its worth a try he has talent and potential. He has played fullback before with success earning a city origin jumper. He looked great at the nines before his injury. He could solve our fullback problems. Even if we dont play him at fullback he could play on the wing or cover for our halves and backs during state of origin period. He will be a handy signing.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do like Lachlan Coote they say he does some freckish stuff with the ball at training!
But keeping him on the park is a problem..
Id take the gamble at the right price!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Offer him 400k over two years. If he takes it then we have our man.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Found this comment on the net:

There's an unsubstantiated rumour running through a Cowboys feeder club (where I volunteer) that Lachlan Coote may not be in NQ for much longer. He is apparently heading back to Sydney at the end of the year.
I heard this second hand so it's definitely not gospel but it didn't sound like an outrageous claim seeing as Morgan has been killing it for the better part of this season.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/2dlkpf/lachlan_coote_possibly_leaving_cowboys_for_sydney/

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Strewth, I'd take the flamin Coote.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't think we will be signing any more fg players now we got bmoz. Can't possibly have enough cap left to buy more than cheap depth players

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would be a great signing if he came cheap.

N

Natboy

I don't think we will be signing any more fg players now we got bmoz. Can't possibly have enough cap left to buy more than cheap depth players
Who knows. We were willing to sign Fifita while still looking to sign a rockstar fullback.
You'd think Ennis would've been on more than Lichaa, Brown/Inu would've been on nearly double Rona and we know Barba was on less than Morris. The rest we really don't know

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We've signed Stanley and Loko who have had similar problems. If Coote wants to come back to Sydney sign him for a year and see what happens. If he plays well and is not injured or if mata'utai stays in Newcastle we then have a plan b.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who knows. We were willing to sign Fifita while still looking to sign a rockstar fullback.
You'd think Ennis would've been on more than Lichaa, Brown/Inu would've been on nearly double Rona and we know Barba was on less than Morris. The rest we really don't know
Agree i think coote would he an amazing pick up for the right price!!!

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I'm not surprised with this since Michael Morgan is going great guns at Fullback.

Besides, who would want to live in Townsville anyway - the place has always been and will be a shithole

Status
Not open for further replies.