L Lewis vs K Flanagan

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis has been in FG for a few years in a team struggling to score in his time in FG.. But hes largely managed to keep his spot over that time.. even when he is dropped & returns his game hasnt improved or changed..

Flanagan has come in as a rookie.. His team has mainly been firing in attack this year, he leads the pointscorers list, yet his coach has dropped him due to form..

For me that shows the difference in the standards set ..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I believe Flanagan was dropped due to Lam being off contract and they are making him believe he's in their plans so he extends. Once Lachlan signs on he will be stuck behind Keary, Walker and Flanagan. Hopefully the kid isn't dumb enough to fall for the mind games

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sailor was impressive last night. He's got a better kicking game than I thought and his defence was solid. I've mentioned Lam as an option before and he looked good.

Both Lam and Sailor are off contract. The Roosters can't (but probably will somehow) keep Keary, Flanagan, Lam and Walker. Unless they keep Lam and we go after Walker again?

Burton, Lam and Sailor are the best potentially available options left in the halves.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanagan has never impressed me.

In the Canterbury Cup grand finals he was very passive.

In the Roosters setup his job is to give the ball to Keary and back up. He is still a passive player.

If Flanagan played for us or the Titans he would be a non-story.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is a difficult one. We had an attitude about the team that didn't accept poor performance back in the late 90s and 00s. The Chooks essentially nicked that attitude. They've managed to retain it to this day. One of the main issues from Pay's approach was all the "we're a young team" chatter, which is going to take a bit to get out of the system, we still have players saying "I've only played this many games" and what have you.

The attitude needs to be to perform at our best, no excuses, week in week out.

The difficult part is who do you promote when you drop someone? Robinson could afford to drop Flanagan, because he's got Lachie Lam ready to go.

Malla

Reaction score
It is a difficult one. We had an attitude about the team that didn't accept poor performance back in the late 90s and 00s. The Chooks essentially nicked that attitude. They've managed to retain it to this day. One of the main issues from Pay's approach was all the "we're a young team" chatter, which is going to take a bit to get out of the system, we still have players saying "I've only played this many games" and what have you.

The attitude needs to be to perform at our best, no excuses, week in week out.

The difficult part is who do you promote when you drop someone? Robinson could afford to drop Flanagan, because he's got Lachie Lam ready to go.
Easy for them to do when you look at their playing roster. They have that many quality players across the park they can afford to lose/drop one or 2 without a massive impact to their performance.
Case in point - last year they played large chunk of the seasons without Friend and pretty sure he did not even start/play in the grand final and they were fine. He's considered a big part of their success.

While I think Pay is a flog and useless at holding players accountable, some of this is out of his control. You drop Lewis, you start Wakeham or Cogger - not really getting much better lol.

Malla

Reaction score
Aren’t we comparing him to Lewis ??:tearsofjoy:

Lewis is lacking every skill in the book for a halfback
Yeah but every knows Lewis is shit.

Flanagan is shit too but people think he's good

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sailor was impressive last night. He's got a better kicking game than I thought and his defence was solid. I've mentioned Lam as an option before and he looked good.

Both Lam and Sailor are off contract. The Roosters can't (but probably will somehow) keep Keary, Flanagan, Lam and Walker. Unless they keep Lam and we go after Walker again?

Burton, Lam and Sailor are the best potentially available options left in the halves.
Sailor impressed me too.
His kicking game was purposeful. Good hang time in his bombs and good weight in his grubbers.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Flanagan was dropped due to Lam being off contract and they are making him believe he's in their plans so he extends. Once Lachlan signs on he will be stuck behind Keary, Walker and Flanagan. Hopefully the kid isn't dumb enough to fall for the mind games
Probably right, but Lamb has been showing a lot of ability at hooker and carried that on at half last night. His passing from dummy half is excellent and just what we need IMO, wherever we get it from.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Flanagan is the exact type of player we need. He gets slack cause he isnt a flash player, however, thats not his game, he is a proper halfback, kick, pass and direct a team around the field. Do people really expect him to be the dominant playmaker next to Keary? who is arguably the best half in the comp.

He also kicks goals at a decent rate and has made the most tackles out of any other half at the comp.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's people on here willing to give Lewis another year under Barrett and see how he goes and waste another year.

Taking out the comparison Lewis isn't a decent half and we will never be a real threat with him playing there. People saying move him to centre or lock, it will be similar to Mbye, he can probably play in different positions but will never master one.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There's people on here willing to give Lewis another year under Barrett and see how he goes and waste another year.

Taking out the comparison Lewis isn't a decent half and we will never be a real threat with him playing there. People saying move him to centre or lock, it will be similar to Mbye, he can probably play in different positions but will never master one.
Never was never will be a half back Sailor showed more ability in one game last night than Lewis has shown in two years and his defence is a myth he is good one on one in front but it’s his misreads that more often than not lead to try’s on our edges