News Kylie Gone!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo was our 2nd highest try scorer and 3rd highest point scorer behind Burton and fox last year and was named in the Prime Ministers XIII side. Give it up bro. Your attack on averillo is relentless.
Potential to be awesome but needs to get more involved, a lot of crucial moments he goes missing. I remember a game or two last year where it looked like he was scared to catch it with defence rushing in and someone grabs it and scores. He’s good with the ball but better defence is needed, with xerri and Chrichton coming it makes you wonder where he will play

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it even worth chucking Karl in so early? Doesn't look ready yet but what do I know...
He couldn't be any worse that's for sure and it gives him (Oloapu) the rest of the season to improve, better to be in FG then reserves to see if your FG material.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im a fan of Khaled Rjab and young Baily Hayward. Unfortunately both outside our top 30 at present. Karl Oloapu has a lot of potential, but is he ready to be thrown in as Gus would put it, against men?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah or might be Averillo. Struggling to believe that Ciraldo and Gould would roll KO straight into the run on team.
CC is on the record multiple times saying Jake is a centre, so he might keep him there. I think he will look to make as least changes at possible. It will be interesting to see.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just saw an article, Nu Brown in the mix for 6

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it even worth chucking Karl in so early? Doesn't look ready yet but what do I know...
I dont think he ready myself. Im also not convinced Ciraldo will start him in place of Flange. I guess we will see this afternoon.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most experienced half at the club is Reynolds. Now if Reynolds and Burton play well together? It’s not a great match, neither of them are organisers or playmakers. Reynolds runs across field were the flange ran across field then turned the ball back in. Also Reynolds ability to get through 80 will be a big question.

Olou isn’t ready. I’m a fan of bringing inyounger kids but he just isn’t ready for week in week out nrl. Not even ready for a bench spot yet. I think there is benefit in giving him half a dozen games off the bench at the end of the year. But no point giving him 15 games especially as a starter.

If it is Reynolds and Burton there is no need for a “Utility” off the bench if Okunbor is still in the team. Reynolds was playing lock…… not sure the benefit in that. If you want a back up utility half it’s probably the Flange off the bench :tired:

Averillo doesn’t have a playmaking bone In his body. And he is too scared of contact to become a top 10 fullback (even though he has decent speed and is light on his feet) he will never make it as a half or fullback. Our shortfalls are huge (1,7 in particular) we’d probably rank at the bottom in the comp in both those key positions. And it was always the case of you drop the flange and Perham, but what you replace them with will be just as bad if not worse.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I dont think he ready myself. Im also not convinced Ciraldo will start him in place of Flange. I guess we will see this afternoon.
Team sheets 10am today.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Official lol

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 Hayze Perham
2 Declan Casey
3 Jake Averillo
4 Paul Alamoti
5 Braidon Burns
6 Josh Reynolds
7 Matt Burton
8 Max King
9 Reed Mahoney
10 Tevita Pangai Junior
11 Corey Waddell
12 Jacob Preston
13 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Interchange
14 Kurtis Morrin
15 Jayden Okunbor
16 Sam Hughes
17 Ryan Sutton

that’s the best 17 we could have hoped for. Bench looks the best of the year. Has some size and versatility so no excuses for second half fades anymore.

If we can slot Back kiraz, addo carr, kiks and thompson into this team then no doubts in my mind we are a top 8 team. Can’t believe we played 6-7 weeks with a prop, a back rower a 5/8 playing lock and a winger to play forwards as our bench :(

Finally looking good and hopefully a few wins are around the corner.