News Kylie Gone!

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Get KO in there who cares if he isn’t ready. They keep saying averillo is still learning and he has been in the top
Grade for 3 years now and probably had 3 good games and never gets dropped.
Totally Agree, Averillo looked best at fullback last year where his speed was used.

He is too small for a modern Center and unless he gets very early ball cannot do much in attack.

Skelton needs to replace him. As for our halves they are a mess and there’s no Band-Aid solution.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Makes it clearer than ever now. We need a 1, 7, 8, an experience bench prop and an up and coming bench prop. Depending on the calibre of those players we are anywhere from a 4th place to a 9th place team next year.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
avo at 5/8 could be useful as he is skillful, has speed and can make something happen, plus being closer to the middle of the field he will have support defense wise

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There's no guarantee KO is the guy to take his spot. Have a feeling it's Reynolds tbh
I'd rather it be Reynolds... I'm happy to have Oloapu play reserve grade and debut in 2024. Rather have a young kid play in a better squad with less pressure.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
time to mix it up like Potter did mid way through last season

1. Averillo (when fully fit) currently playing busted
6. Reynolds
7. Burton
9. Mahoney

14. Oloapu
1 Perham - have to persist with him until SC arrives.
6 Averillo - personally I think 6 suits his skill set best.
7 Burton
9 Mahoney

14 Reynolds. …

Give KO more time .. I don’t want a Walker incident down the track ..

Move burns to centre Skelton to wing ..

Go back and look at the comments on Averillo when he played FB late last year, the comments about him not being able to catch the ball, his defensive positioning, his dislike of contact, he was getting absolutely ripped on here, why do you think that was ?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Grub has 15 mins in him at most
Definitely not saying that's what I want, just doesn't seem like Ciraldo is the kind of coach to throw young guys into the fire.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone here acting anti flanno and that’s fine BUT we really don’t have anyone better and that’s truth.
Avo failed harder than flanno
Fu brown mayeb but injured and it’s only fu
Reynolds can’t play 90 and was never a half
Olopu not that good stats and only a kid and I think is headed to the overrated bin.
Khaleb can’t play until rd 12

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be worth blooding the young gun against the DragQueens for one game as they'll be on a five day turn around and we'll be a lot fresher.

Whether that be from the bench and start with Reynolds or vice versa.

Can't wait to see KO on Kayo.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Might be worth blooding the young gun against the DragQueens for one game as they'll be on a five day turn around and we'll be a lot fresher.

Whether that be from the bench and start with Reynolds or vice versa.

Can't wait to see KO on Kayo.
He might not be picked.
Him in the top 30 was more a recruitment tactic than anything

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get KO in there who cares if he isn’t ready. They keep saying averillo is still learning and he has been in the top
Grade for 3 years now and probably had 3 good games and never gets dropped.
Averillo was our 2nd highest try scorer and 3rd highest point scorer behind Burton and fox last year and was named in the Prime Ministers XIII side. Give it up bro. Your attack on averillo is relentless.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon we're not counting our chickens re top 8 "it's a long race" so blood the kid and have some backup in case it doesn't go so well but we have to test the waters sooner rather than later.
Flanno isn't the answer and will be gone so we need to know whether to go shopping if KO doesn't make an impact.
Yes agree. Neither Flanno or Reynolds are long term options. We need to know how KO shapes up asap. After round 10 (?) or so, we can promote others outside the top 30 & perhaps check out Hayward or Rajab if needed.