Opinion Kylie Flanagan

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As fans we should all be behind the Gun and wanting him to fire in 2023.

We can't sit around and wait for 2024, we need to lay the foundations of success now. That starts with key players aiming up and contributing to us winning games again.

Whether he gets a new contract or not is completely irrelevant. The culture and connection will only get stronger if we win more than we lose.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless Flanno's recently learnt the art of metamorphosis, he's gone after this year and he'd be stupid not to know it. If he plays well enough at the start to get an offer for '24, surely he'll take it and be gone. I don't dislike him, he's got a bit of ticker, but unfortunately he's got no NRL standard talent.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People in here really think that it's okay that our halfback has a crap kicking game? I know we got Burton but what if something happens that requires the 7 to kick more? We are back to 2021 where teams were starting sets on the halfway line the majority of the time.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People in here really think that it's okay that our halfback has a crap kicking game? I know we got Burton but what if something happens that requires the 7 to kick more? We are back to 2021 where teams were starting sets on the halfway line the majority of the time.
Swap Mahoney and @Flanagun and you get a 7 that can kick.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well when Flanagan started out at the Roosters, he must have been doing something right. I don’t know what happened to be let go of that club, but when we picked him up. He was criticised for being not up to standard. I truly think it’s a confidence thing that he needs to work on. I agree he’s not 100% what we want in a halfback, but I have also seen some really good things out of him - like his defence. I have doubted him in the past, with some of his games. But I truly hope it turns around for him. He now has a good leader to hopefully build him up and let him take chances on the field. Prove everyone wrong Flanagan.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless Flanno's recently learnt the art of metamorphosis, he's gone after this year and he'd be stupid not to know it. If he plays well enough at the start to get an offer for '24, surely he'll take it and be gone. I don't dislike him, he's got a bit of ticker, but unfortunately he's got no NRL standard talent.
I think he has the dedication, fitness
Well when Flanagan started out at the Roosters, he must have been doing something right. I don’t know what happened to be let go of that club, but when we picked him up. He was criticised for being not up to standard. I truly think it’s a confidence thing that he needs to work on. I agree he’s not 100% what we want in a halfback, but I have also seen some really good things out of him - like his defence. I have doubted him in the past, with some of his games. But I truly hope it turns around for him. He now has a good leader to hopefully build him up and let him take chances on the field. Prove everyone wrong Flanagan.
I hope he proves everyone wrong bro but no half should have defence as their strongest attribute. IMO, he has no running game, below average kicking game and a limited passing game. It is difficult to develop all of these aspects of half play. I hope that the quality service of Reed gives Flanagan some extra time to be a serviceable half this year.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he goes well..undue pressure and expectations can hinder some players.. He now has a good coach, a good 9..a good 6..and some strong back rowers around him.. So it’s all there for him to make use of..up to him now..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you dirty on Reed because he said you were his least favourite team mate?
I am sure that Burto dosen't think much of him, the way he embraced our so called gun after our few wins last year said it all.
You can bet that Burto was assured that the club would leave no stone unturned to find a decent half before he committed to our club.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am sure that Burto dosen't think much of him, the way he embraced our so called gun after our few wins last year said it all.
You can bet that Burto was assured that the club would leave no stone unturned to find a decent half before he committed to our club.
Yeah I agree mate! Even from the outside looking in you can tell not many (if any) of the boys like him too much. Not really sure if it’s a personality thing or a “you suck at footy” thing but you can certainly see it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I agree mate! Even from the outside looking in you can tell not many (if any) of the boys like him too much. Not really sure if it’s a personality thing or a “you suck at footy” thing but you can certainly see it.
With all the talk that C C has earmarked Perham for the FB roll for this season anyway, why not start the season with Averillo at half. Avo at least has some ability and was never given a fair go in that position, while our gun is only playing NRL because his dad has inspired him to become a top NRL 1/2 since his nappies days, and he has trained very hard to fuffill his dads dream.
He has managed to show something on the field, and in away I feel sorry for him, but anyone with any knowledge of RL would see that his natural tallant is very limited.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
With all the talk that C C has earmarked Perham for the FB roll for this season anyway, why not start the season with Averillo at half.
Because the coaching staff, who know a great deal more than you or I, as well as watching them every day, have decided that Flanagan is their first choice.

Always a Bulldog

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno was crap at the Chooks and I said that on TK the day the Dogs signed him. Uncle Nick does not lose a player he wants to keep and anyone who knows anything about footy and saw the Chooks play when Flanno was there could tell he was a dud. The Chooks let Flanno go because they had a rookie who had not yet played a first grade game but was a far superior HB.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno was crap at the Chooks and I said that on TK the day the Dogs signed him. Uncle Nick does not lose a player he wants to keep and anyone who knows anything about footy and saw the Chooks play when Flanno was there could tell he was a dud. The Chooks let Flanno go because they had a rookie who had not yet played a first grade game but was a far superior HB.
I agree with everything you said. I was talking about before he got to the roosters. It obviously turned to shit later.