Opinion Kyle Flanagan

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Flanagan's confidence took a couple of big hits when he was moved on by the chooks, and then had to try to be the main playmaker in last year's team. His confidence is coming back and he is beginning to look like a decent player - not a World beater but not a dead beat either.

His earlier failure was Barrett's failure. If a former international half could not coach a reasonable performance out of his current half, what could he do?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that's why you're not coach, bro....lol
Nah mate there's something else going on with you playing FG. It cant be based on perfomance because as others have said, you're not a running threat. BBO is miles ahead of you in that, and most other, departments. Maybe Uncle Gus is trying to sucker the Tigers into buying you when they offload Brooks to the Dolphins or Knights. Something else is going in the background for you to be in FG.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nah mate there's something else going on with you playing FG. It cant be based on perfomace becuase as others have said, you're not a running threat. BBO is miles ahead of you in that, and most other, departments. Maybe Uncle Gus is trying to sucker the Tigers into buying you when they offload Brooks to the Dolphins or Knights.
Running is all BBO has to offer. He is not and has never been an organising half. I have been close to our best player the past few rounds and you schmos keep trying to say I'm a problem....lol

Gus and Potter are picking me because I am the best halfback at the club by a country mile, bro. Nobody else even comes close.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Running is all BBO has to offer. He is not and has never been an organising half. I have been close to our best player the past few rounds and you schmos keep trying to say I'm a problem....lol

Gus and Potter are picking me because I am the best halfback at the club by a country mile, bro. Nobody else even comes close.
have to agree

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slow, mechanical and optionless. Our biggest weakness. Improving slowly but still barely reggies standard. Can stay for now but only so we don't rush BBO, or until we buy someone.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Explain to me why you chose to niggle Fatrell who then proceeded to tear our whole team a few new arseholes & win them the game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Explain to me why you chose to niggle Fatrell who then proceeded to tear our whole team a few new arseholes & win them the game.
Lol you're blaming me for that? Don't be ridiculous, bro. I did everything possible to get us over the line. And I niggled Walker anyway, not Latrell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree with that. Zero run threat
At the very least be should be looking to engage the defence similar to how Reynolds does as at least then he would be giving Burton, Averillo and our backs some room to work with. It was really noticeable against South's in the second half where we struggled to create opportunities attacking their line despite having a decent spell of field position and possession. We couldn't rely on our ball movement and offloads to create space at that range and needed to to come from somewhere else, Flanagan couldn't provide it and we eventually ran out of room trying to play around South's and lost possession.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are you suggesting Mitchell only played well because Flanagan stirred him up? He was obviously "on" from the moment he took the field, but he was fairly well contained until towards the end when our defenders were tiring.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the very least be should be looking to engage the defence similar to how Reynolds does as at least then he would be giving Burton, Averillo and our backs some room to work with. It was really noticeable against South's in the second half where we struggled to create opportunities attacking their line despite having a decent spell of field position and possession. We couldn't rely on our ball movement and offloads to create space at that range and needed to to come from somewhere else, Flanagan couldn't provide it and we eventually ran out of room trying to play around South's and lost possession.
His problem is he is playing too early. The defensive decision is made easy because they can see exactly what is happening in slow motion before committing. He needs to dig into the line.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah mate there's something else going on with you playing FG. It cant be based on perfomance because as others have said, you're not a running threat. BBO is miles ahead of you in that, and most other, departments. Maybe Uncle Gus is trying to sucker the Tigers into buying you when they offload Brooks to the Dolphins or Knights. Something else is going in the background for you to be in FG.
BBO is miles ahead? Rofl

That's some serious trolling on your behalf

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah man, Latrell came in to prove a point to those who were actually saying Burton should be selected at origin level ahead of Latrell in the centres position. Latrell showed that Burton isn’t in his shadows at this point of his career.

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
BBO is utter trash

Flanagan is the only half decent #7 at the club

Young Hayward could be anything, but for now Flanagan is miles ahead of anyone we have

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That shepard he was penalised for, costing us a TRY was absolute fucking rookie shit.
Yh it was absolutely laughable, can't believe the ref didn't pull it up right away either considering how obvious it was.