Kyle Flanagan

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bullshit, he payed 40 games for us in 3 years.

Which of course is not enough, but when he did play he was often the best on the field.

We finally fixed him mentally and physically and he played 25 games for Manly last season.

Always a Bulldog
Actually it’s 37 .
That’s 37 out of 78 games.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point is we should stick with what our team has been training for all preseason not drop Averillo after 2 rounds, and that if we were to consider changing Averillo that Flannagan should be the absolute last option because he is the worst option to have there
Flanno wasn’t the option. Wakeham is in the team. And averillo has had close to 2 seasons in the first grade team now and hasn’t shown any improvement at all. He has no creativity at all and when it comes to play options he only has one option and that is a bomb and hope for the best!

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he had a bad attitude he wouldn't be performing in reserve grade.

I'm coming around to the idea that he may actually be the answer. He's still the only true halfback we have. Jake, Brandon and Bailey are all 5/8ths imo. Have we seen him actually play with Burton? I can't remember it happening.
I said a few weeks back that he is our better option for now. If his confidence has grown in the lower grades, maybe it's time to give him a go next to Burto and put to rest forever.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No boardwalk when I was growing up in the 60s. Just mud n mangroves.
Yep me too. House backed on to the Georges River near the Boat ramp on Henry Lawson Drive. Tomato farm across the river

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hearne Bay mate....Hearne Bay.
Wasnt Riverwood Herne Bay (Hearne Bay) - the area around the army camp - where all the streets are named after American Presidents etc - i apparently spent my first few months years there before moving to the more luxurious housing commission on the Peakhurst side.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There used to be a carnival / fun park on the river not far from were I lived. I have forgotten what that was called.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There used to be a carnival / fun park on the river not far from were I lived. I have forgotten what that was called.
The circus would set up on Peakhurst Park every year or so - years later on they set up on the area that is now the M5 - dont remember the fun park.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep me too. House backed on to the Georges River near the Boat ramp on Henry Lawson Drive. Tomato farm across the river
Did you go to Peakhurst WestPS

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasnt Riverwood Herne Bay (Hearne Bay) - the area around the army camp - where all the streets are named after American Presidents etc - i apparently spent my first few months years there before moving to the more luxurious housing commission on the Peakhurst side.
Yep you got it. And army camp was the imigrants camp in late 40's early 50's before that. People in refo/detention camps today dont know how good they have it. Even British citizens had to stay their until they could find more permanent arrangements. Riverwood prior name was Hearne bay adjoins salt pan creek/swamp. It was a violent and poor suburb and in 1957 the governement wanted to clean it up hence name change. A bit of history boys from someone who grew up in the area.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanno wasn’t the option. Wakeham is in the team. And averillo has had close to 2 seasons in the first grade team now and hasn’t shown any improvement at all. He has no creativity at all and when it comes to play options he only has one option and that is a bomb and hope for the best!
The problem i have with that is if Wakeham or BBO was meant to be the option our entire team should've been training for precisely that combination in the preseason, it completely throws the team off balance when we consistently chop and change the team.

Now i don't think Averillo has been amazing either but it's a kneejerk reaction to suddenly change the spine 2 games in.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep you got it. And army camp was the imigrants camp in late 40's early 50's before that. People in refo/detention camps today dont know how good they have it. Even British citizens had to stay their until they could find more permanent arrangements. Riverwood prior name was Hearne bay adjoins salt pan creek/swamp. It was a violent and poor suburb and in 1957 the governement wanted to clean it up hence name change. A bit of history boys from someone who grew up in the area.
Sounds like it hasn’t changed at all

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I grew up there as well - i thought that way of life was normal