News Kyle Flanagan on dad Shane’s coaching ambition

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most interesting is his “taking the shackles off” comment. Said it twice - almost implying that Barrett had them only follow structured play and didn’t let them play their own game and style - so limited in terms of contributions to attack…

or could be cliche shit that he is saying to excuse his (self-known) lack of significant contributions to attack and poor form.
I back the latter.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not rocket science but hes still pretty passive in attack and not involved enough which is unacceptable for a halfback.

Some simple stuff for him to do:
1. Get involved & touch ball more
2. Take on the line more
3. Link up with Burton more
4. Back up more ready to catch an offload
4. Practice his attacking kicks. If attack isnt clicking crossfield bombs well placed grubbers another way of scoring trys

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ummmm ...so Kyle is going to take off the shackles & bring back his A-Grade attacking game for the remainder of 2022. Supposedly left this in his kit bag all year? I will be excited to see a JT like performance this week.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not rocket science but hes still pretty passive in attack and not involved enough which is unacceptable for a halfback.

Some simple stuff for him to do:
1. Get involved & touch ball more
2. Take on the line more
3. Link up with Burton more
4. Back up more ready to catch an offload
4. Practice his attacking kicks. If attack isnt clicking crossfield bombs well placed grubbers another way of scoring trys
His lack of any sort of a running game severely limits his effectiveness in attack.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s funny, I question he’s toughness’s every game. Yet against roosters he’s defence was tough as for a half. I don’t get it, if u can tackle hard running back rowers u can surely go to the line

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh flanno is done. He had one final chance and clearly he provides fuck all attack options or threat.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
A quality touch is not passing 3 metres from the defensive line. He needs to engage the defence and be willing to get hit.
This x 1000 - it’s the biggest giveaway that it’s nothing to do with structure or coaching and everything to do with a lack of talent and a pea heart. Nothing worse than watching him inside the 20 on the 4th laying it off to a forward for a settler.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least both wakeham and averillo take on the line and its shut the gate if they break through the line

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Flamingo is looking after his own interest by talking up his dad as coach, I hope the club dosen't fall for his poor attempt at psychology.