Kyle Flanagan Mid-Week Press Conference | Round 10 v Raiders

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of professional sports
There aren’t many clubs out there who would sign a young kid like that and then give up on him before he has even completed his first season. That’s not a way to do business if you care about your players. I couldn’t see Bellamy of Bennett doing it, tbh. The roosters just treat their players like cattle.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There aren’t many clubs out there who would sign a young kid like that and then give up on him before he has even completed his first season. That’s not a way to do business if you care about your players. I couldn’t see Bellamy of Bennett doing it, tbh. The roosters just treat their players like cattle.
Oh please mate, a coach will be ruthless with his players.

Why did Gordon Tallis and Bennet have a bust up over Tallis' last ever game?

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s not garbage. If he was so hopeless why did the roosters sign him in the first place? He had some decent games for the roosters and was great for us in round one. I think he came out in round one determined to prove a point, but after the anger wore off a bit, our form and his treatment by the roosters started to rapidly erode his confidence. He has holes in his game and areas he needs to work on, but he has talent and he’s still very young. Some playmakers mature faster than others. Some of you really need to chill a bit and stop being so savage. Getting hooked like that in front of his old man must have really hurt. I feel for him.

The guys job at the roosters was pass the ball to teddy and kick goals, He had 1 good half for us v newcastle and thats it, Our forwards have improved over the last 5 weeks and given him chances to do shit guys come up with nothing other then a kick out on the full on tackle 1

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The guys job at the roosters was pass the ball to teddy and kick goals, He had 1 good half for us v newcastle and thats it, Our forwards have improved over the last 5 weeks and given him chances to do shit guys come up with nothing other then a kick out on the full on tackle 1
Maybe that’s because Barrett put way too much responsibility on his shoulders y expecting him to be a senior half. Just because he’s not ready for thst doesn’t mean he has no ability. If he was as talentless as people on here say, the roosters wouldn’t have picked him up in the first place.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get why we don’t sign his dad as assistant. Could be clash of egos. Maybe baz can’t work with him. But it’ll bring the best of the kid I reckon

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Seems like we have 2 camps here at the dogs (and for once not talking the board).
1) the camp that has seen enough
2) the camp that think he could improve

Here's my problem, he's on 2 1/2 years to go - and fking further away from being a solid 1st grader than I am from waking up to Elle Macpherson tomorrow morning (although I still ensure I wear clean underwear every night as I'm still optimistic on that one).

I don't want to wait for a solid 1st grader in 2 years who then takes big $$$ from someone else. Swear with the way our luck is atm - I can almost smell it coming.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
zpretty obvious that a lot on here have never played any sort of sport. The best feeling for a young bloke is when you play well in front of your dad. Nothing else matters. The worst is when you want to try your guts out and it goes to shit. There's a lot of pressure when performing your skills in front of DAD. I feel for him. He'll bounce back.......

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like we have 2 camps here at the dogs (and for once not talking the board).
1) the camp that has seen enough
2) the camp that think he could improve

Here's my problem, he's on 2 1/2 years to go - and fking further away from being a solid 1st grader than I am from waking up to Elle Macpherson tomorrow morning (although I still ensure I wear clean underwear every night as I'm still optimistic on that one).

I don't want to wait for a solid 1st grader in 2 years who then takes big $$$ from someone else. Swear with the way our luck is atm - I can almost smell it coming.
Mate don't wear underwear at night. It restricts your balls and therefore restricts your chances of impregnating any potential supermodel who may be vulnerable enough to spend the night with you. Once their trapped you increase the chances of getting to repeat your feat.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: if I was Trent Barrett I would tell flanno to take a week off and tap as much ass as he could including the cheerleaders and collect there undies as souvenirs. This year is a write off! Let’s build for next year , start resigning the decent and get going on the market!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please, many people go through much worse struggles in the world and don't get to play a sport they love while being handsomely paid for it. He can toughen up and prove himself.
Maybe he doesn’t love it ...

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a pretty horrible decision to let him face the media after being hooked... then to top it off drop him from the team. His confidence is already shattered and this will take him a long time to get over

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats footie, you dont perform you get dropped. As how it should be and good on Baz. Work hard and get back in there Flano good luck. Not impressed with him being interviewed pretty poor.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s not garbage. If he was so hopeless why did the roosters sign him in the first place? He had some decent games for the roosters and was great for us in round one. I think he came out in round one determined to prove a point, but after the anger wore off a bit, our form and his treatment by the roosters started to rapidly erode his confidence. He has holes in his game and areas he needs to work on, but he has talent and he’s still very young. Some playmakers mature faster than others. Some of you really need to chill a bit and stop being so savage. Getting hooked like that in front of his old man must have really hurt. I feel for him.
He played behind a much better pack,at the roosters,and did quite well,our forwards at the moment I would say the worst in the nrl,by a large margin,Flanagan has been ordinary,but averilo is not far behind him,hopefully this will be the kick up the ass,that turns him around.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really don’t think anyone in our club could see his breakdown coming through the press conference.
The pressure must have been building inside then just melted at that point in time.
Not thrown under the bus by any means, staff will assist along with the parents.
I understand what you are saying - but to not be aware that he was dropped than put in front of the media is not good