Kyle Flanagan Mid-Week Press Conference | Round 10 v Raiders

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe it was him, but either way it was not a good idea.

Flanagan was always going to be a stop gap measure for us while we waited for Walker to develop, Kyle would have known that as that's why we only signed him for two years. The fact Walker has developed faster than expected is why we let Kyle go a year early.
Not arguing it was a mistake.

I don’t care what their reasoning was. Signing a kid of that age and then cutting him loose after one year is just a shit go. That type of move is going to rattle any kid’s confidence and you could tell by the way he spoke about it after signing with us that he really struggled with it and came to our club with a lot of baggage as a result. If they wanted a stop gap, sign a veteran, not a young kid whose game needs developing when you’re not willing to show enough patience with them. They’ve also had Lam in their system for a few years now. There was just no need to do what they did to Kyle. Even when he was there last year he was in and out of the side. Personally I just think Robinson expected him to develop faster than he did and as soon as he lost Ostiense, he discarded the kid as if he were a piece of garbage.

If you’re going to call out our club for kit acting in Kyle’s best interests, at least be honest enough with yourself to admit what the roosters did to him did a lot more damage.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I really don’t think anyone in our club could see his breakdown coming through the press conference.
The pressure must have been building inside then just melted at that point in time.
Not thrown under the bus by any means, staff will assist along with the parents.
Could be a case that the club thought he doesn't give a fuck?

That could be justified thinking going off his "performances".

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno can definitely do it. His emotion shows he really cares. He will come back from this. I think Baz should peel back some structure and get him to play what he sees. If I’m Baz I’d be putting him straight back into the fire this week, at least for half a game and tell him to just go out there and play footy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Even the girls would be acceptable, some of them can be a bit biggish.
Bro, there is a girl in Wenty U9-4s and I swear she is only in 4s because she is a girl.

Solid, fast, footwork and fkn smart.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon he insisted on fronting the media rather than look weak if he didn't turn up as usual. Bennett would never have let that happen, he is very protective of his players. Learning curve for Barrett as a young coach.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I tried to get her in my team but we are capped at 12 players...
Tell them your club has to have female players. Use the diversity word. If that fails, threaten them with Clementin Ford. lol

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are making to big a deal of this. Yeah he got a bit emotional when talking about his dads support that’s fine, who wouldn’t. The pressure is on all number 7s in the game...it’s part of the job and also fronting up to the media. He showed some real class and bravery fronting up.

He’s a good kid and he wants to do well, I hope things turn around for him but we all know carrying this side to a win is not going to be easy

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he's just not made for the NRL, I know i might sound harsh but the way he's been playing and his current emmotional state he's just not up to it...not everyone is thats why its an elite competition

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I mentioned before, we know he plays behind a bunch of cats, but what's his excuse in the red zone where he buckles? Or good clearing kicks? Or guiding the duds around?
When you play behind a bunch of cats, you dont get as many opportunities to make plays so when you do get an opportunity you feel you have to make it count, hes putting way too much pressure on himself to score off every set, he just needs to work on getting repeat sets and building pressure

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you honestly fucking think that professional sports organisations don't have those support mechanisms set up in this day and age?????

FFS you people are fucking drama queens and this is coming from probably the most "PC" person on the forum.
You have had in for him from the moment he was signed.

You have an obvious agenda against the kid....

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be a case that the club thought he doesn't give a fuck?

That could be justified thinking going off his "performances".
I agree his performances have been well below par along with the majority of our team,
Club knows he does give a fuck , the kid is in the very early stages of a three year contract unlike some others who are on pretty good coin and doing sweet FA on game day.
That bunch who have zero interest in staying at season end.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe because he was.
He’s not garbage. If he was so hopeless why did the roosters sign him in the first place? He had some decent games for the roosters and was great for us in round one. I think he came out in round one determined to prove a point, but after the anger wore off a bit, our form and his treatment by the roosters started to rapidly erode his confidence. He has holes in his game and areas he needs to work on, but he has talent and he’s still very young. Some playmakers mature faster than others. Some of you really need to chill a bit and stop being so savage. Getting hooked like that in front of his old man must have really hurt. I feel for him.