News Kyle and error? (Weidler)

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage it'd be pointless to pay another club part of his wage to get him off the books unless we can guarantee that a replacement will step up. While he's not going to set the world on fire, he's hopefully got enough improvement in his game heading into next year that he'll at least make oppositions pay enough attention to him that they can't focus entirely on containing Burton. That's the basic level he needs to achieve.

But with Schoupp moved on we might have something up our sleeves with recruitment. I don't have any clues on that, but it's entirely possible.
True, if we don't have a replacement we should keep him especially since BBO is out for almost the entire season, I am sure the people in charge at the club are aware of the situation.
The Flanagan signing, Waddell before him, and Allan after him were red flags that Barrett really did not understand how to be a head coach.
Desperate, low percentage, Hail Mary plays in the recruitment space.
The final nails were placed in the 2022 trials, where it became evident he had achieved nothing in the 2022 pre-season.

On all "PR", Barrett is/was a wonderful coach. On all evidence, the exact opposite is true. Not only is he not even a good coach, he is a demonstrably bad one, as evidenced by how many players go backwards under his watch.

On the upside, Barrett's legacy will be completely undone by Gould & Co. by the end of '23, if not before.
Let's get this right
I've always believed, who ever represents our club is WE :-)
I was never a fan of Barrett but once he became our coach he gained my support, unfortunately for him he was too stubborn in his ways refusing advice both at our club and Manly !

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't this usually the time his old man puts out his yearly article saying no-one knows how to coach Kyle. It was Trent Robinson, then Barrett and now it will be Potter.
Potter is safe, his first name is Mick :laughing:

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Abducted by aliens?
Should be returned soon after an upgrade so he can run through a gap.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Talking real, its not his fault that he doesn't have the skill to be a 1st grader (it’s not a excuse), Its his dads fault for not being truthful with him from the start

Saying that..I can't wait for the club to finally clean house for the last time.

Last edited: