Rumour Kurt Mann

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a great competitor and can play several positions. He'd be the perfect utility off the bench. As a half he doesn't do much organising but he has a good running game and is always taking the line on...

If he wss cheap enough on a two year deal he'd be worth a look. But if Chad Townsend can get 600k a year for three years, then maybe Mann would cost more than you'd expect and isn't worth chasing.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve always been on the fence with Kurt Mann, he’s never been the best option in one position, but I think he could be a valuable 14 as he covers a lot of areas. I think I’ve seen him play near every position beside Prop and be generally does reasonably well in all positions without being outstanding. Price tag could be a concern unless their isn’t a lot of competition for his services.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's a backup halves replacement for Lewis then fuck yes...as long as the price is right

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I say we push hard for Sterling, and if Ricky assures him he will be backed,
we take Hodgson.
Yes please for Starling, I don’t know why he extended his contract with the raiders. He would jump the opportunity to be in first grade as he is behind Havilli and Hodgson.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm dunno, would definitely depend on what position he was being brought in for, a possible bench utility or a backup at a good price then maybe. we need to fill a few positions and also need to have the money available for signings for our best 17.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No thanks.

We already have to figure out what to do with Jake.

Burton and addo carr coming means.

1. Dwz
2. Jac
3. Allan
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

Are locked for sure.

Allan might force his way back to fullback, which could see Dwz move or who knows if something happens there throughout the season.

I hope we sign naden to replace hoppa for the other centre spot if we aren’t going all out at staggs.

The immediate focus is surely hooker and that’s b Smith and then some fucking good forwards.

Mann isn’t a bad player but isn’t something we need to even think about.

Rather Jake as 14.

Think our 3 most potentially possible, realistically financially and important signings would be b Smith, Pangai, naden.

1. Dwz
2. Jac
3. Allan
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. B Smith
10. Pangai
11. Elliott
12. Rfm (if he has to be traded with storm so be it then promote atoni or doorey)
13. Jackson (last legs)

14. Jake
15. Topine
16. Hetho
17. Atoni/doorey

It’s giving us a strike centre as naden can be that. With Jac and burton we will improve our backline and attack so much.

B Smith would help there too and just mentally, winning culture and fix our weakest spot. Also would help huge in the pack and d.

Pangai gives us that size we don’t have. That genuine tackle breaking beast. Yes he’s a bit ficked with history but he’s got the ability and worth the risk and reality is I’d say broncos would let him go. With their pack and paying kids that haven’t played like Piakura 400k means they must be rebuilding that pack. No ***** taking lodge at his $.

Haas won’t be moving unless it’s his doing.

Realistic and seriously makes us a complete squad.

From there Dwz is off books, jacko would be about to retire then too. We would be free to move around for what we need or upgrades if it’s working. That young centre beast should be ready then and we could easily build around the squad there with the odd astute signing replacing what’s needed.

Last edited: